Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Kaga

Wargaming moneymaking idea - let us buy "permanent" versions of certain camouflage

13 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,996 battles

Like many people, I really, really enjoyed the 'hunter' camouflage seen below, and was extremely sorry to run out of it:

FJRxdxs.png?1

But there are a number of other really cool (cooler than some of the permanent camos we can buy) paint kits out there, including team water: 

ZzwqfFW.jpg

New Year 2017:

vRTf7qB.jpg

And, my absolute personal favorite, Type 59 (which seems to mostly turn the turrets of ships white - an effect I enjoy immensely for unknown reasons):

Ak43DEE.png

Unfortunately, a lot of the national premium paint schemes leave... a great deal to be desired (looking specifically at Americans and Japanese, but French battleships are kind of lousy, too, unless you're into that REALLY minimalist look), a fact that's made all the worse because all the ships with premium camouflage - with a few exclusions - share the same theme. This is especially tragic with regards to Japanese ships... I know I cannot speak for everyone, but I personally get "green fatigue" after playing these boats for a while.

I don't 'do' mods, largely because I like to know that what I am seeing on my screen is the same as everyone else, so there's no quick-fix solution for this on my end. But I'd wager Wargaming could farm a pretty penny by introducing an 'appearance tab' menu for every ship where players could spend a tidy amount (say 2000-3000 doubloons a pop) to 'unlock' the appearances of otherwise-limited-time camouflages to use. These camos would, visually, override whatever was currently equipped by the player - they would have zero effect on gameplay (and thereby wouldn't be detrimental to the doubloon-based camouflage purchases), and merely exist for aesthetic purposes. I am no game designer, but I cannot imagine this would be particularly difficult to implement, and it would print cash from those of us who want to be pretty, oh so pretty, at all times.

Thoughts?

Edited by Battlecruiser_Lutzow
  • Cool 8

[NDA]
Supertester
4,845 posts
13,820 battles

I would settle for a premium camo with the same bonus of the other premium camos but lets you pick what it looks like from the wide selection of all the camos we have seen in game. I have a stock of some very nice looking camos but I don't want to use them a lot because than I won't have them any more. 

• Cool 2

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,996 battles
1 minute ago, RedSeaBear said:

I would settle for a premium camo with the same bonus of the other premium camos but lets you pick what it looks like from the wide selection of all the camos we have seen in game. I have a stock of some very nice looking camos but I don't want to use them a lot because than I won't have them any more. 

That's basically how I feel about type 59.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
31 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

Thoughts?

I agree 100%, I think this is a great idea +1 post:Smile_medal:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles
30 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I would settle for a premium camo with the same bonus of the other premium camos but lets you pick what it looks like from the wide selection of all the camos we have seen in game.

I like this idea a lot; maybe someone at WoW could pass this on? @Radar_X, @Super_Splash_Bro

[NDA]
Supertester
4,845 posts
13,820 battles

@Umikami The reason I've never bought a Premium Camo for my favorite destroyers [Benson, Fletcher, Udaloui] is because the premium camos for those ships are ugly and uninspiring. But If I could put the Clash of the Elements Fire camo on my Fletcher indefinitely than "WG take my Money." 

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,996 battles
7 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

@Umikami The reason I've never bought a Premium Camo for my favorite destroyers [Benson, Fletcher, Udaloui] is because the premium camos for those ships are ugly and uninspiring. But If I could put the Clash of the Elements Fire camo on my Fletcher indefinitely than "WG take my Money." 

I feel this way (and I know it's going to trigger someone) about the German camo. I cannot STAND the "Kriegsmarine grey" - it's just too somber for me.

[KNTAI]
Members
7 posts
3,200 battles

Personally, I would absolutely love to have what you describe, or something similar. The only downsides (and I am scraping the barrel here) I can think of are that this might dilute the "impact" or "significance" of a certain scheme in battle, where players would look at a Type 59 ship and know that they are dressing in something special and rare, which might be interpreted as "this guy is going all out" or "this person has one of those hard to obtain camos, maybe they are dangerous".

Other than that, really, I don't see any problems with this ATM. I agree with this suggestion.

[BNKR]
Members
1,306 posts
681 battles
3 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

This would be fantastic!

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
2 minutes ago, Fideljok said:

Personally, I would absolutely love to have what you describe, or something similar. The only downsides (and I am scraping the barrel here) I can think of are that this might dilute the "impact" or "significance" of a certain scheme in battle, where players would look at a Type 59 ship and know that they are dressing in something special and rare, which might be interpreted as "this guy is going all out" or "this person has one of those hard to obtain camos, maybe they are dangerous".

Other than that, really, I don't see any problems with this ATM. I agree with this suggestion.

I have never once changed my play because of the camo an enemy had on their ship.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
Just now, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

This would be fantastic!

They've already said they won't do this.

But the OP's idea of allowing a "lifetime supply" of a premium camo has merit.

Don't think they would sell Type 59 though.

[KNTAI]
Members
7 posts
3,200 battles
26 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I have never once changed my play because of the camo an enemy had on their ship.

LOL, I know right? That is why I said I was scrapping the bottom of the barrel to think of some downside to this suggestion.
Other than that and the loss of virtual "rarity" (who cares) of each look, it's really only a good thing.

Edited by Fideljok

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
4 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

Unfortunately, a lot of the national premium paint schemes leave... a great deal to be desired (looking specifically at Americans and Japanese, but French battleships are kind of lousy, too, unless you're into that REALLY minimalist look)

Huh?  These shots came straight from my port, is that looking bad to you?

IlJmT28.jpg

GR1IVVN.jpg

5UVLWSr.jpg

0MgaSss.jpg

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this