You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
M8i

Godzilla King of the Monsters, do we need it?

26 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
1,899 battles

Godzilla 2014 blows, Kong Skull Island blows, and so why does Legendary pictures need to torture us with another pile of crap. One that features either Gatorzilla or Wookee-Kong. Oh we have Mothra, King Ghadorah, and Rodan. Lets see how they miss it up!

• Bad 3

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,976 posts
15,650 battles

I didn't think Godzilla 2014 blew I just don't think it was as good as Shin Godzilla. I hope they listen to the feed back of the fan base

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I personally loved Godzilla 2014, and Kong: Skull Island was great too. I have been looking forward to this movie for years, especially given they're getting the real monsters in here. One of the critiques of Godzilla was lack of screen time, and while I agree to an extent, it was done on purpose. This time, there's no reason to hide it, and King Ghidorah will be a great monster to put on screen for the first time in this millennium.

• Cool 1

Members
26 posts
1,899 battles
10 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I personally loved Godzilla 2014, and Kong: Skull Island was great too. I have been looking forward to this movie for years, especially given they're getting the real monsters in here. One of the critiques of Godzilla was lack of screen time, and while I agree to an extent, it was done on purpose. This time, there's no reason to hide it, and King Ghidorah will be a great monster to put on screen for the first time in this millennium.

King Ghidorah  will look terrible, Legendary pictures just can't design monsters.

• Bad 3

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,264 battles

Well we do have Pacific Rim uprising coming out soon So Monsters and Machines for a change up.

I think in Godzilla 2014 the movie was to much about the characters and not enough Godzilla lol.

• Cool 1

1,542 posts
26 battles

No matter how terrible a monster movie is, it is still a monster movie and I cannot resist them!

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,476 battles

Shin Gojira....military actually HITS what it shoots at, JSDF Cobras shoot from a safe distance. Kong Skull Island "Lets fly right into his reach even though we have guns that can hit him from 500 yards away". 

• Funny 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,562 posts
On 2/28/2018 at 11:43 AM, M8i said:

King Ghidorah  will look terrible, Legendary pictures just can't design monsters.

You seem rather sure of yourself there. I actually know the guy that did the concept art for Godzilla 2014 and after seeing the film I congratulated him on making an American Godzilla that actually looks like a proper Godzilla, not just some iguana that the French nuked a few times back in the 50s (Cause, you know, can't have Americans take the blame in an American film from the 1990s involving nuclear testing. I can't wait to see the giant, irradiated polar bear from the Tsar Bomba's fallout.................just a sec, I have to call the copyright offices...)

Having been a fan of Godzilla films all my life and seen every one of them, the 2014 American film wasn't too bad, although it mainly focused on the characters. Since the characters were at least somewhat interesting and in frequent contact with the kaiju it at least was passable as a Godzilla film... however...
Then you have Shin Gojira stomp into the scene. THAT was the Godzilla film I'd been waiting for, a proper remake of the original in the modern era with a Godzilla that was actually terrifying, a properly irradiated monstrosity lying waste to the world around it as opposed to just a big lizard like the 2014 version.

As for Kong: Skull Island, I gave it a passing grade, especially for setting the film in the Vietnam War, an era we don't get too many outside-the-box stories from. The ONLY gripe I had about that film was if they made their escape boat with parts from a crashed A6M, whatever the American was flying and a few bits of a B-29..... where did they get the ball-turret from a B-17?

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
On 2/28/2018 at 11:17 AM, M8i said:

Godzilla 2014 blows, Kong Skull Island blows, and so why does Legendary pictures need to torture us with another pile of crap. One that features either Gatorzilla or Wookee-Kong. Oh we have Mothra, King Ghadorah, and Rodan. Lets see how they miss it up!

Oh look the idiot is back. Can someone go restart the clock?

Members
1,343 posts
1,343 battles
On 2/28/2018 at 9:17 AM, M8i said:

Yes we indeed need Godzilla. 

Kinda like how you need a few brain cells. Remember the tech tree incident? 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
On 2/28/2018 at 11:43 AM, M8i said:

Hellboy would like a word with you.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 minute ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Kinda like how you need a few brain cells. Remember the tech tree incident? 

Come on man. At least that was entertaining, this is just plain pathetic. He got tired of us calling out his idiocy with ships so he is now targeting movies that haven't come out yet instead. Watch his next target be "Pacific Rim: Uprising" or "Ready Player One".

Members
1,343 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Come on man. At least that was entertaining, this is just plain pathetic. He got tired of us calling out his idiocy with ships so he is now targeting movies that haven't come out yet instead. Watch his next target be "Pacific Rim: Uprising" or "Ready Player One".

Kek I was kinda responsible for flooding the forums since my satire post mocking his crapcaught fire really quickly! :cap_haloween:

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
3 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

The ONLY gripe I had about that film was if they made their escape boat with parts from a crashed A6M, whatever the American was flying and a few bits of a B-29.....where did they get the ball-turret from a B-17?

Not to nit-pick you Chobittsu but B-29's did have ball turrets on the early models. During the war though after the USAAF realized that the strong high altitude air currents above Japan made high altitude bombing impossible. So they switched to  low altitude bombing and to save weight and increase speed the ball turret was removed.

[SOUP]
7,562 posts
51 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

b-29-turrets-side-jpg.139365
Well I'll be damned.......     GG Legendary Pictures research department

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

b-29-turrets-side-jpg.139365
Well I'll be damned.......     GG Legendary Pictures research department

Yah, most people forget about it because it was removed so quick. But as an amateur WW II history buff, I like to point out little details like that.

Members
26 posts
1,899 battles
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:00 PM, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Both of those movies will blow

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 hour ago, M8i said:

Called It! Never doubt the forum idiot!

The OP in a nutshell;

image.png

[SOUP]
7,562 posts
4 hours ago, M8i said:

You strike me as one of those people where nothing at all makes you happy, maybe you'd like some soup? Would that cheer you up?

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
21 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

You strike me as one of those people where nothing at all makes you happy, maybe you'd like some soup? Would that cheer you up?

Please give us some soup. I would love some, might help me calm down after dealing with this extreme idiot.

[SOUP]
7,562 posts
1 hour ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Please give us some soup. I would love some, might help me calm down after dealing with this extreme idiot.

Lentil Soup~!

Ingredients

• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 medium yellow or white onion, chopped
  • 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • ½ teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 large can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 cup brown or green lentils, picked over and rinsed
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
  • Pinch red pepper flakes
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 cup chopped fresh collard greens or kale, tough ribs removed
  • Juice of ½ to 1 medium lemon, to taste

Instructions

1. Warm the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. One-fourth cup olive oil may seem like a lot, but it adds a lovely richness and heartiness to this nutritious soup.
  2. Once the oil is shimmering, add the chopped onion and carrot and cook, stirring often, until the onion has softened and is turning translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, curry powder and thyme. Cook until fragrant while stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. Pour in the drained diced tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes, stirring often, in order to enhance their flavour.
  3. Pour in the lentils, broth and the water. Add 1 teaspoon salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Season generously with freshly ground black pepper. Raise heat and bring the mixture to a boil, then partially cover the pot and reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook for 30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender but still hold their shape.
  4. Transfer 2 cups of the soup to a blender. Protect your hand from steam with a tea towel placed over the lid and purée the soup until smooth. Pour the puréed soup back into the pot and add the chopped greens. Cook for 5 more minutes, or until the greens have softened to your liking.
  5. Remove the pot from heat and stir in the juice of half of a lemon. Taste and season with more salt, pepper and/or lemon juice until the flavours really sing. Serve immediately. Leftovers will keep well for about 4 days in the refrigerator, or can be frozen for several months (just defrost before serving).

• Cool 1