You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Richelieu Build?

11 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles

What is the best way to equip the Richelieu?

I know Main Armaments Mod 1, Damage Control, Concealment Mod, And Rudder Shift mods are most likely best, buy what about the other slots? Are main guns accurate enough to go with secondary or AA Mod?

Trying to get my new Richelieu prepped quickly to do the Operation...

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,984 battles

This is my build and modules:

shot-18_02.28_22_06.04-0747.thumb.jpg.f8d978a9231929fa4f3d6133e2ae736a.jpgshot-18_02.28_22_05.48-0247.thumb.jpg.8474d0804b48fdad0143e9d03e5251d2.jpg

Right now it's 8.8 km with flags. Should extend more if you go BFT/AFT. I've been told full secondary build would be good in coop/operations or if you want to derp.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
669 posts
12,364 battles

I'm only one who thinks this ship doesn't do any dmg? compare to others T8 BBs

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[YETI]
Members
105 posts
4,580 battles

I'm close to unlocking the Richelieu, but am on the fence about actually purchasing the ship.    I have mixed feelings about 2 turret setup up front and have heard that the turrets gets knocked out easily.   Would love to hear feedback on people who have the ship and have played it.

Thanks.

1,542 posts
26 battles

Hey @Admiral_Thrawn_1, I would go with:

Main Armaments Mod 1

Concealment System Mod 1

Damage Control System Mod 1

AA Guns Mod 2

Hope you enjoy her! Let us know how you get on! 

[RKLES]
Members
7,213 posts
9,006 battles
7 hours ago, Gandariel said:

I'm only one who thinks this ship doesn't do any dmg? compare to others T8 BBs

Yeah it does feel harder to do DPM in Richelieu compared to even some lower tier ships of other nations.

[BBICT]
Members
3,370 posts
3,561 battles

Yeah, she is driving me nuts right now...but she is soooo pretty...anyway..my build

Main one, Damage 1, Secondary 2, Damage 2, ninja..

Might swap out Damage 2 for ruder shift.... Still on the fence about the Secondaries as well, as they don't seem to do much damage, even if they do have the range... 

Members
1,577 posts
9,998 battles

I just got her and I can't justify getting the secondary guns upgrade because this ship badly needs the Aiming System mod since the dispersion is insanely bad. With Aiming mod it's still 271   I think it was closer to 290 without it. At 25 km range good luck hitting a mountain. 

I also find the guns to be very weak for the tier. If up-tiered even one tier I use HE now.  The ship is meh at best. I big downgrade from Lyon, which is amazing. It's going to be a long grind for the tier 9. 

[-FBR-]
[-FBR-]
Members
9 posts
2,056 battles

Having gone secondaries since they have reach to begin with, you can get to 10.6km with flag. Still need to get more CMD points to add the IFHE and see if that adds up more basic damage but will be a long road before getting DE as well. As for the main turrets, they can be knocked out and lost without the Main Batt Mod. Now can only compare her to my Alabama for t8 BBs or the t7 BBs: Colorado, Sharnie and Lyon. Other lines are only at 5 or less. While i like the Alabama's torp defense, AA, and turning, her secondaries are worthless and main spread is only 9m less than the Rich and the shells travel slower esp the 406 APs. Tho, the Rich 380s can get bounced easily. Too bad I can't take those other BBs except Lyon into the OP for standards of comparison.

Supertester
418 posts
6,137 battles

I just don't bother with 100mm secondaries on the Richelieu, as they can't do damage and rely entirely on setting fires, which currently is only really useful against BBs, which don't require a secondary build to hit with some consistency anyway. So I just go for the extra AA range, which is especially useful in the operation. For a secondary build to be truly worth you have to get your back turrets firing as well, which beats the purpose of having all guns in the front. This is not a Bismarck, and the playstyle is very different. The AP has incredible penetration, and HE has good fire chance, so you can use whichever suits the situation best (but primarily AP). Don't show broadside, this thing can take huge damage with ease even with a turtleback. Richelieu is the ultimate multipurpose BB, being capable of holding areas or pushing hard with ease, and it is most effective between 10-14km. As for the commander skills, Richelieu has reasonable concealment, so CE is definitely recommended, but she is fairly large and can't tank HE damage, so Fire Prevention is a must have, these skills may also be used alongside BoS and SI, and for your tier 2 skill if you're using JJH I don't even need to say what to use. It's basically a tank build, which is also useful for the Alsace, as she has good AA as well, so you can be protected against all sorts of incoming damage.

Spoiler

20180307090754_1.thumb.jpg.88f0685f4203433bbe211b0bc3453f25.jpg

Works for me. This ship is amazing. Definitely not a weak tier 8. One of my favorites in fact. A shame I'll have to take JJH out of her and into the Alsace. But progress demands sacrifice.