You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BUNNYHUGGERI

The dumbest set up that excludes players..."HERMES"!

82 comments in this topic

[HAPPY]
Members
40 posts
11,136 battles

Ok...my clan is getting ready to enjoy this operation of the week.  Guess what...there is only ONE of us out of FIVE that have a ship capable of doing it.  I know that I will see posts saying get a ship...play and get a French BB etc.  As to the French BB I only got the tier 5 so there is some grinding to do to even get to the tier 7.  For those of you that are already looking me up...please notice I do have a selection of ships from a lot of nations.  I have a wide selection of boats to choose from...and NOTHING WORKS!?!?!?!?!  This is the kind of bovine excrement that World of Tanks does.  

It does NOT help the game to exclude players from something as simple as an operation.  Clan Wars I get because you need to have some semblance of knowing what to do with the pointy end of the ship.  But "operations" are for FUN.  Not to make it a pain to "try" to play.

One other note.  You guys make a great "operation".  I really enjoyed Dunkirk.  Please notice I even bought the Gallant because of the movie and the operation.  Please note BOUGHT WITH REAL MONEY (I even bought two...one to give to a friend)  because I enjoyed the mission.  Then you take it away?

Why remove any operation that you have worked you gluteus maximus off for and is really cool.  Does it cost money to keep it on the server.  I am serious on this question because for the life of me I can not figure out why you would go through all that work and then have it go poof.  Operations are a way for players to help get the things needed to make them STAY in the game.

NEW PLAYERS:  content....content....content....we need new players.  EVERY bit of content gives a new player something to use and explore and KEEP them here.  Then when they stay...they might open their wallet.  I did.

Exclusion is bad.  Try not to do that.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 11
  • Angry 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,236 posts

I didn't pick this up from the 7.2 patch notes but the Gold of France campaign is for French ships only T6-10 (Task dependent).  I had to ask the friendly WG CSR folks for clarification.  So much for using the Missouri to blow through the credit earning missions..

Summary,  The Gold of France campaign is for French ships only.

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles

Technically it is possible to use non French ships to do it, but it will take longer if you do not use French ships.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,340 posts
14,835 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Technically it is possible to use non French ships to do it, but it will take longer if you do not use French ships.

This.  You just have to repeat task 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,236 posts
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ahoy Captain StoptheViolins,

Thank you for reaching Wargaming support and for supporting World of Warships!

We hope you are enjoying the new missions for the Gold of France campaign!

We understand that you would like to complete task 2 and 4, regarding your question about the suitable ship, yes, you are correct that for task 2 VI or higher and for task 4 VIII or higher, however, please note that it is limited for the French line.

This can be the reason why you are getting a message to select a suitable ship since Missouri is an American Tier IX battleship.

You can also check more information about the Gold of France campaign on this link https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/golden-girls/

We hope this information helps!

Should you encounter any future concerns or questions, please feel free to visit our Frequently Asked Questions https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb

See you on the high seas captain!

Have a nice day!

[WOLF2]
Members
243 posts
4,355 battles
2 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Ahoy Captain StoptheViolins,

Thank you for reaching Wargaming support and for supporting World of Warships!

We hope you are enjoying the new missions for the Gold of France campaign!

We understand that you would like to complete task 2 and 4, regarding your question about the suitable ship, yes, you are correct that for task 2 VI or higher and for task 4 VIII or higher, however, please note that it is limited for the French line.

This can be the reason why you are getting a message to select a suitable ship since Missouri is an American Tier IX battleship.

You can also check more information about the Gold of France campaign on this link https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/golden-girls/

We hope this information helps!

Should you encounter any future concerns or questions, please feel free to visit our Frequently Asked Questions https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb

See you on the high seas captain!

Have a nice day!

None of that invalidates what thrawn said.  Just repeat task 1 over and over again, like EVERY OTHER CAMPAIGN.

Members
28 posts
3,126 battles

You don't need to do task 2 or 4 or 3 for that matter, just repeat the first task over and over, it will take longer.

Members
6,914 posts
7,508 battles

Ah, how is your clan not progressing up the tech trees of the various nations WG's fault? I mean, you have over 5500 rounds.

• Cool 1

Members
1,858 posts
8,785 battles

I like the flavor of being restricted to allies but I also see your point.

The USN Cruisers are squishy with bad arcs.

FR CAs are newish and RN CLs  don't appeal to some.

Atlanta and Belfast are excellent choices but not everybody has those.

FYI half the people have no clue how to play this scenario yet so you are only missing out on aggravation.

PS - it looks like you could buy the Pensacola right now and you are probably close to being able to get the Algerie.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

[RKN]
Beta Testers
995 posts
8,995 battles

Actually I though it would be worse. In the patch notes I though it said there would be four parts to the campaign with the third only able to be completed by the Aigle and fourth by high tier French BBs. 

Frankley, the two camos for the Richelieu and Gascogne look pretty ugly so I wouldn’t be too disappointed if I didn’t get them. The Dunkerque’s looks pretty nice and at least you get the chance to earn a few more French Containers to get the better French Captain. 

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,236 posts
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Set your ships up right, and you'll blow through it doing just task 1.

Unless you need containers...

2 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Actually I though it would be worse. In the patch notes I though it said there would be four parts to the campaign with the third only able to be completed by the Aigle and fourth by high tier French BBs. 

Frankley, the two camos for the Richelieu and Gascogne look pretty ugly so I wouldn’t be too disappointed if I didn’t get them. The Dunkerque’s looks pretty nice and at least you get the chance to earn a few more French Containers to get the better French Captain. 

Hmmm containers mean captains... that'd probably useful for my lower tier French BB's as they will be stuck with 3 pt captains...

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

Okay I see this general idea, this concept come up a great deal and it makes no more sense now than it has in the past: why do you have a problem with the completion requirements requiring French BB's when the *rewards* are just FOR French BB's? As in, if you are not willing to use French BB's to complete the mission, why are you wasting effort TRYING to complete them when they only reward things for the French BB's? It's 3 Prem Camos for 2 Prem SHips and 1 Tree ship, which happens to be the T8.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

How on earth does only one of you have a T7 US, UK OR French CA? Like how is that actually possible? I can sorta get skipping the USN T7 but everyone doesn't at least have a Fiji kicking around?

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles
10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Okay I see this general idea, this concept come up a great deal and it makes no more sense now than it has in the past: why do you have a problem with the completion requirements requiring French BB's when the *rewards* are just FOR French BB's? As in, if you are not willing to use French BB's to complete the mission, why are you wasting effort TRYING to complete them when they only reward things for the French BB's? It's 3 Prem Camos for 2 Prem SHips and 1 Tree ship, which happens to be the T8.

Well there are a lot of containers that can yield rewards that are very useful on non French ships.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,236 posts
9 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Not pointing out a problem, just pointing out I had the assumption that I could use any ship and missed the French requirements.  More along the lines of me missing something and serving as an example to others so they don't miss it and freak out.  Like some folks do with interjecting their negative vibes into a simple informative thread.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
2 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

How on earth does only one of you have a T7 US, UK OR French CA? Like how is that actually possible? I can sorta get skipping the USN T7 but everyone doesn't at least have a Fiji kicking around?

Well speaking for myself, (BTW I am fine with the way HERMES is set up) I only have the Algérie right now. The Fiji and Pepsi-cola and I did not get a long with. My fault not the ships, just never got the hang of them.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,756 posts
4,567 battles
8 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

That, or the players have moved on and can't be bothered to train a new crew for them. Slots aren't infinite, you know.

Maybe maining destroyers and battleships or even carriers and can't be bothered with cruisers...and saving free EXP for Nelson/Musashi...

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Well there are a lot of containers that can yield rewards that are very useful on non French ships.

You can get most of that stuff elsewhere; flag containers, random missions that are always ongoing. The *reason* you complete these campaigns is for the end rewards: Free Ships, Special Commanders, or Prem Camos. Well, this one rewards prem camos, but they are for *FRENCH* BB's, and as such, if you don't want to play French BB's, then why on Earth would you care about completing a campaign where the *primary* reward is Camos for samesaid ships?

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,236 posts

I am surprised there are at least 4 people who haven't managed to snag an Indy in any way possible.  "Woah, thanks santa" or "rube! You paid cash for that ship?!?!"  But I digress.  I keep getting port slots and use the "lower" tier ship sales to back fill any ship I might have sold during my rapid progression (snicker).  TBH, I won't be surprised if you are just one of the vocal people out of the group who are (aren't??) in the same boat.  There's a pun in there.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,756 posts
4,567 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

You can get most of that stuff elsewhere; flag containers, random missions that are always ongoing. The *reason* you complete these campaigns is for the end rewards: Free Ships, Special Commanders, or Prem Camos. Well, this one rewards prem camos, but they are for *FRENCH* BB's, and as such, if you don't want to play French BB's, then why on Earth would you care about completing a campaign where the *primary* reward is Camos for samesaid ships?

The ultimate price is on the ship that is usable by all...might want to go there some day.

That, and something to strive for.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
9 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Not pointing out a problem, just pointing out I had the assumption

No idea how you *came* to the conclusion that assumption was valid when they literally told you a month ago it was going to be a Special French BB-Centric campaign. I'm all for knock Wargaming, when they deserve it, but there is a degree of learning that needs to be expected of a person before they assume one thing that is totally invalid. I knew that you needed either French BB's or the Aigle to complete these missions, and I don't have any special access to information you are not granted. To make a broad assumption otherwise is not a lack of information, it's a lack of curiosity and initiative.

ALSO not for nothing, but you can complete this with *any* French ship Tier 6 and up, not just the BB's. And the BB's, it's only the T8 that you need, and that doesn't take long at all to reach.

Edited by _RC1138

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,789 posts
6,976 battles
1 minute ago, pyantoryng said:

That, or the players have moved on and can't be bothered to train a new crew for them. Slots aren't infinite, you know.

Maybe maining destroyers and battleships or even carriers and can't be bothered with cruisers...and saving free EXP for Nelson/Musashi...

you don't need a 19 pt captain for this, while free xping a captain to 6 pts is small change from most people's pool of free captain xp/ This OP really does not require expensive resources to complete/ (for the record, ran it a few times today, on Fiji, with a 6 pt captain)/

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,951 battles

I might as well do the Campsign since I really need the Doubloons from the Op and best shot of 5 stars on the Op probably is with tier  8 French BB since I usually just use Axis CAs so not really an Allied Tier 7 CA available for me.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
16 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

I am surprised there are at least 4 people who haven't managed to snag an Indy in any way possible.  "Woah, thanks santa" or "rube! You paid cash for that ship?!?!"

Some of us are on a very fixed income right now, or very unlucky with Chests.:Smile_honoring: