Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RobertViktor68

I just don't get it

35 comments in this topic

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,305 battles

My win rate is slowly climbing but my wtr is slowly falling.  I don't get it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,423 posts
9,614 battles

That's because your average tier is also going up.

Welcome to being stuck behind the 8-Wall.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Possible explanation based on zero investigation: rather than chasing the most amount of damage, you're chasing the most important damage. That could mean that you are more frequently attacking ships with less health, or ships that are being attacked by teammates as well, or are ignoring the high health enemy ships who are sailing themselves out of the battle.

[BIAS]
Members
3,159 posts
9,306 battles
3 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Possible explanation based on zero investigation: rather than chasing the most amount of damage, you're chasing the most important damage. That could mean that you are more frequently attacking ships with less health, or ships that are being attacked by teammates as well, or are ignoring the high health enemy ships who are sailing themselves out of the battle.

*GASP*, shooting DD's wins games? ^^^ The above information wins matches.

[BOTES]
Members
281 posts
5,147 battles

The same is happening to me, but in reverse. Although I know the culprit, I'm grinding the hindenburg and just got done with the yorck and hipper, two very bad ships the majority of players don't understand how to use.

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,305 battles
22 minutes ago, cometguy said:

probably correct.  I'm more interested in eliminating the gun, rather than farming damage.

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,305 battles
43 minutes ago, ZaKazan said:

The same is happening to me, but in reverse. Although I know the culprit, I'm grinding the hindenburg and just got done with the yorck and hipper, two very bad ships the majority of players don't understand how to use.

I was all blue before I went past tier 8.  I only play BBs, CAs, and DDs.   A Closer examination reveals my wtr is best in BBs below tier 9.  DD play is all yellow..... playing objectives (caps) are unrewarding.

If I really wanted to manipulate my WTR I should play tier 6-8 BBs all the time.   

Something to think about if I ever want to find another clan.

Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,522 battles

You really need to take these rating with a grain of salt.  My rating show I am continually improving based on the amount of damage I am doing and my average experience gain yet my win rate and WTR rating show a completely inverse trend, going down at at almost exactly the same rate as my damage and experience is increasing.  Not exactly sure how I can be improving and declining all at the same time but hey, the formula they use to determine WTR somehow magically makes it possible.

See in my view, these rating systems are only as accurate as the creators opinion is.  For example, I don't feel win rate in a team based game is remotely useless as an indicator of individual skill, however the majority opinion is that win rate is not only useful but it is the most important indicator of skill.  That doesn't make the majority right though, rather it just means the majority think they are right.  Basically perception and reality are two very different things.  Now I can't mathematically prove I am right either but I think way, way too many people hold WTR as gospel when there are just way too many variables not considering, counted or are actually overvalued to make it entirely accurate.

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
668 posts
9,538 battles

Seems logical. If you are on more winning teams you also have more competition for kills and damage and fewer people to shoot at.  

[BIAS]
Members
3,159 posts
9,306 battles
6 minutes ago, Crack_God said:

Idk

Ask your clan maybe

You guys really don't like your members posting anything on the forums, do you....?

• Funny 1

[YOHB]
Members
61 posts
1,832 battles

Don't worry about your stats, or what other people think of them, just have fun and do what you need to do for a win.

• Cool 1

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,792 battles

Given the formula WT uses, the reason is pretty simple:

• Deals an average amount of damage (from your WT stat page)
  • You average .8 overall in kills/game and never really get higher than .9 at any given interval.

Members
36 posts
9,812 battles
2 minutes ago, Faygo_Redpop said:

Don't worry about your stats, or what other people think of them, just have fun and do what you need to do for a win.

I feel like stats are a part of the fun, and the game, otherwise wargaming wouldn't have an API for them, and you wouldn't have them in your sig.

[YOHB]
Members
61 posts
1,832 battles

I'm lazy, and non artistic so I use that as my sig. If stats are the fun part for you that's great. I don't care about them, so win or lose, i get enjoyment from the game. Stat obsessed people, who's only pleasure in the game comes from winning or their "stats" tend to be some of the most toxic people in the game when they suffer a loss.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
3 hours ago, RobertViktor68 said:

My win rate is slowly climbing but my wtr is slowly falling.  I don't get it.

because your division mate is stealing all your stat?    :cap_yes:

[BIAS]
Members
3,159 posts
9,306 battles
37 minutes ago, Crack_God said:

I have no issues with people posting on forums, I just said he could ask his clan [edited].

Well that's not what its looked like the past couple days.

Members
36 posts
9,812 battles
31 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Well that's not what its looked like the past couple days.

I don't understand what you're referring to. Tons of QP guys post on the forums quite often from what I understand, can't verify that but yeah. No one really has issues with it?

• Cool 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,159 posts
9,306 battles
1 minute ago, Crack_God said:

I don't understand what you're referring to. Tons of QP guys post on the forums quite often from what I understand, can't verify that but yeah. No one really has issues with it?

There were QP guys all over a thread complaining about one of you posting on the forum (Who I believe you kicked out for doing exactly that) and here you are implying that the OP member should have gone to the clan and not the forum. Seems like a pretty overbearing and controlling clan.

Members
36 posts
9,812 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

There were QP guys all over a thread complaining about one of you posting on the forum (Who I believe you kicked out for doing exactly that) and here you are implying that the OP member should have gone to the clan and not the forum. Seems like a pretty overbearing and controlling clan.

I mean we're a pretty decent clan skill wise, doesn't it make sense to contact the people you know are good to try and get tips instead of trying your luck on the forums. As far as the other guy you're talking about, that's over.

[BIAS]
Members
3,159 posts
9,306 battles
5 minutes ago, Crack_God said:

As far as the other guy you're talking about, that's over.

But he got kicked out for posting on the forums. How are you still able to post on the forums? Aren't you concerned about getting kicked out?

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,364 battles

Mainly this comes into play, take mine for instance,  I am always looking for that half health ship or almost dead DD.

They are always my first priority

• Mostly plays battleships, especially high-tier and is very good in them
  • Deals an above average amount of damage
  • Very often finishes damaged enemies
  • Key vehicle - Des Moines
Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this