Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Z39 WIP Preview And Discussion

34 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,481 posts
4,768 battles

Looks like it has potential but doesn’t really bring anything game changing to the line.  But is that really a bad thing?  Like all DEDDs, decent torps, (this one has) large 150mm guns and hydro.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

7.5 RoF isn't so bad for 150s. She strikes me as a Torpedo focused CL classified in the DD slot. Also a 104m dispersion at maximum range is pretty decent for 11.8km Hope the gun angles aren't too terrible, but looking at the ship images as you're panning around looks to be ~33degs? 

If the Main Batteries had a little longer range it definitely would be a CL-lite; judging by stats alone. 

Anyways, thanks for the WiP preview. Looking forward to when you and the rest of the CCs can release some gameplay of it.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,411 posts
3,583 battles
33 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Looks like it has potential but doesn’t really bring anything game changing to the line.  But is that really a bad thing?  Like all DEDDs, decent torps, (this one has) large 150mm guns and hydro.

Frustrated by the name. 

The Z-32 would of been a much better option with its 5 150mm canons, and it also has a rich history.  It was also the first 1936MobA with 150mm MB. 

I guess they choose their potential premiums by drawing from a hat? 

Why would you in any way shape or form take this ship over Z-23? I know its a WIP but it has absolutely nothing going for it. 

Z-23 is just better in every way..  (5 150mm..) 

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,265 battles

Oh the germans.... the only dd's with 6" guns in the game xD 

would be nice for T-61 but ill settle for the Z

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
1 minute ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Oh the germans.... the only dd's with 6" guns in the game xD 

would be nice for T-61 but ill settle for the Z

"It is 5.9" not 6" !!! We have no Light Cruisers on our drawing boards! See there's nothing outside of accordance with the treaties... ugh that Panzerschiffe is in accordance; we're not reading between the lines."

Lol.

• Funny 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,265 battles
10 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

"It is 5.9" not 6" !!! We have no Light Cruisers on our drawing boards! See there's nothing outside of accordance with the treaties... ugh that Panzerschiffe is in accordance; we're not reading between the lines."

Lol.

Lol. Nah they shouldve made them 5.99" just to piss them off more

[CRMSN]
5,411 posts
3,583 battles

@NoZoupForYou

It has worse torpedo range then the Z-23 (8.5 vs 9.5) 

Better range (10.8km vs 11.8)

1 Less gun (5v4) 

100 more HP 

1 knot slower (37 vs 36) 

.4km better concealment (is this the camo not showing in the compare tool? what is full conceal on it 6.1? Z-23 is 6.21) 

100m better turning circle. 

Worse ROF? (6.7 vs 7.5? ) 

Slightly better AA. 

Everything else is pretty much the same. 

I just dont see what the point is of this premium. Its not  that is not better then Z-23.. Its just flat out worse, not really different. 

360 posts
194 battles

Thanks for the information, I see it more as an alternate to the Z-23. As it stands having a bit better AA could be good. It seems to have a similar relationship with the Z-23, like the Kidd and the Benson do.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,824 posts
10,383 battles

No gunpower, will probably lose to ships like Kagero in a gunfight. Inferior torpedoes to the Z-23.

The improvements are slight compared to that.

Not a good looking premium -

• Lazy semi-clone
  • No unique gameplay (like Atlanta), just a tweaked 150mm DD
  • Not very much history, Operational from Jan '44, erm, some exciting minelaying, oh a shore bombardment! I guess... this could have been Z-32
  • Not competitive looking

[CRMSN]
5,411 posts
3,583 battles
33 minutes ago, mofton said:

No gunpower, will probably lose to ships like Kagero in a gunfight. Inferior torpedoes to the Z-23.

The improvements are slight compared to that.

Not a good looking premium -

• Lazy semi-clone
  • No unique gameplay (like Atlanta), just a tweaked 150mm DD
  • Not very much history, Operational from Jan '44, erm, some exciting minelaying, oh a shore bombardment! I guess... this could have been Z-32
  • Not competitive looking

Would fit with the ships we would have in game. 

Blys is already here. 

I expect Haida at some point , I would expect Tartar or Ashanti as well. 

ZH-1 could make it in as a Dutch / German Premium as well. 

All took part in Battle of Ushant, I don't see why they would not take this opportunity as it provides room for bundles and marketing with all the ships having relations to one another.

It also seems odd that they would use the 4 gun 5.9 inch ver when 32 or even other 1936's had 5 guns.. 

[WUDPS]
4,872 posts
4,757 battles

Lazy semi-clone...yawwwwn

Members
2,129 posts

No thanks... I hate any ship that uses only 4 guns. It's got terrible turret traverse and reload. It has terrible torp range compared to Z-23 at 9.5KM. 

[KNMSU]
Members
3,373 posts
4,008 battles

It's really pretty. The problem is, of course, that it only has 4 guns. And I don't play non-gunboat DDs.

[CRMSN]
5,411 posts
3,583 battles
15 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

It's really pretty. The problem is, of course, that it only has 4 guns. And I don't play non-gunboat DDs.

All they need to do is just change the name to any of the 1936 Mobs that had 5 guns instead of 4.  (z32/33/34/35/36/37/38) 

The model is already in game from Z-23..

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,481 posts
4,768 battles
22 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

The four guns in my opinion hurts the desire for many.  Even though they are 150mm, they are slow firing.  It’s a beautiful ship, but it seems to be a jack of all trades but master of none.  High Tier DDs will maul it.  

[KNMSU]
Members
3,373 posts
4,008 battles
13 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

The four guns in my opinion hurts the desire for many.  Even though they are 150mm, they are slow firing.  It’s a beautiful ship, but it seems to be a jack of all trades but master of none.  High Tier DDs will maul it.  

Yeah, I mean, I just don't want to run into a Kidd, Akizuki or Benson in that thing (let alone a Fletcher, Gearing or Khab - geesh). 

I understand that people are tired of seeing what they believe to be pay-to-win ships. However, I am totally not sold on the concept of "blah" or "blech!" premium boats. Why should I spend money on a ship that is, at its very best, utterly vanilla? 

Members
163 posts
9,232 battles
2 hours ago, StoptheViolins said:

They threw an image of this ship in the 7.2 write up sheet so I am assuming they intend to sell it sometime in March.

No way. 

We're getting the Gas Can and the Duca in March. No way WG sells three premiums in 30 days. The 39 is also newer than those two and has not been tested as much. 

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,392 battles

T-61 would break the game and be worse OP than Fujin and Gigolo Cheeser combined.  I like German destroyers better than anything but I'm not blind to what is and what isn't OP

This one is interesting as a 150mm gun DD because that is what the German DDs were known for, and their anti air.  Give it increased anti air capability compared to the Z-23 and it will rock.  Losing the rapid guns will not be horrendous because 6 seconds is still fast as hell.  Anyone who has a Fujin and knows how valuable its supposedly bad Japanese guns are will be able to make this work.  I'll tell you right now that not only will I get this, but I'll put my V-25 non BFT trained captain in it.  It will be marvelous...but it's going to need more AA.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,824 posts
10,383 battles
45 minutes ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

Give it increased anti air capability compared to the Z-23 and it will rock.

It has it per the historic fit, an extra ~30 DPS from more 37mm mounts compared to the Z-23 (so about 70 vs. about 40).

The problem is that that's not super useful on a destroyer, the main battery isn't properly dual-purpose and she lacks DFAA to give her teeth and scattering ability.

Members
326 posts
9,522 battles
2 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

incorrect.......The potatoes I end up playing with will be in the back with the BB's hugging the borders. 

Beta Testers
345 posts
8,612 battles

And will be tiered up constantly to T10....
Nahhh think i'll pass...

Members
326 posts
9,522 battles

although I do enjoy killing 9's and 10's in an 8

Sign in to follow this