Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GFMDesertFox

Free Ships?

8 comments in this topic

[TORND]
Members
12 posts
752 battles

Has anyone ever got a free premium ship in their account? I just received a french battleship that I did not purchase yesterday the Bretagne... Kinda confused...

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,204 posts
12,732 battles

*sigh*

There were missions you could draw out of a container that would give you a chance at a free French battleship. These were semi 'premiums' until the patch today which turned them into normal tech tree ships. This event was all over the news, forum, loader, etc.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

Never mind.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, GFMDesertFox said:

Sorry just joined the fourm today...this game is addicting. 

Okay, the launcher and the WoWs Web Site, and WoWs Wiki will also give you loads of information.

Also go to YouTube, and search "World of Warship" for a ton of videos.:Smile_honoring:

Welcome aboard, and yes it is addicting.

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
40 minutes ago, GFMDesertFox said:

this game is addicting. 

:cap_haloween:

Seriously, though; welcome to the forum.  Congratulations on picking up a free Bretagne!  Do good work with her and Normandie and you'll be loving Lyon in no time.

-R

[WOLF3]
Members
6,421 posts
2,387 battles

Welcome aboard, matey! 

Bretagne is not a premium ship.  It's in the normal tech tree.  I got one too, through a 'Personal Mission' assigned from gahd knows where.  WG is giving us a jump start on the new Froggie BB line. 

Wisdom:  Play it a little, but be careful.  At Tier 5 you are exposed to Tier 7 in matchmaking.  With only 112 battles you're probably not ready for that.  They say it takes 1000 battles to "git [halfway decently] gud".  Take it slow and work up.

BTW, read the News section of the WoWS site assiduously.  (I don't use the in-game News link on your account drop-down; it's way slow.)  Much to learn to avoid surprise.

"I need intelligence!"

Edited by iDuckman

Members
43 posts
5,127 battles

Yeah as stated those are from missions but WG has also been known to send out emails with free stuff to long time players who haven't played in a long while to get them to play again. I hadn't played in 6-8 months or more (Warcraft was eatin some of my time) and I got an email with some free stuff and a Giulio Cesare. I loaded up the game to grab the free stuff and saw that they had added all the new campaigns and such and well I'm back in again so it works lol. :)

Sign in to follow this