Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ASHAMAN100

Should I be concerned?

13 comments in this topic

[RAZE]
Members
66 posts
14,534 battles

Is a win rate of 1 out of every 10 games and a survival rate of 2 out of every 10 games something I should be concerned about?

Is as a rule not even getting to the 12th minute of the game and having very low to no damage scored normal?

[BIAS]
Members
3,151 posts
9,248 battles

Depends on a lot. Depends on what and how you are playing it. Depends on how many games those averages go on for. Depends on if winning and putting out damage is important to you.

[POP]
Members
857 posts
9,780 battles

you're doing fine.

(some will say you are poh-tate-uhn, but don't listen we be proud taters)

Members
1,019 posts
13,049 battles

As for myself I'm a bull in a china shop kind of player so my survival rate isn't much better than yours. What I don't understand is the win rate. You could go AFK for 10 games and probably do better than that.

[ML-S]
Members
289 posts
4,145 battles

1/10 is a major exaduration. You win 47% of the time.  Survival is closer to what you wrote at 28%.

Members
191 posts

Doing better then me overall. The HSF Harekaze was not a friendly "starter" bote.
I try not to look at my overall currently, as it got tanked so horribly from the start i may never recover it fully.
As to the "do nothing and keep 33%", you must not be counting weekends.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
1 minute ago, xovian said:

Doing better then me overall. The HSF Harekaze was not a friendly "starter" bote.
I try not to look at my overall currently, as it got tanked so horribly from the start i may never recover it fully.
As to the "do nothing and keep 33%", you must not be counting weekends.

Dont worry youll recover. Hell for me when i have 1k battles these where roughly my stats.

-22k avg damage

-39% wr

-9% survival (lol)

-700ish wtr.

now these are my stats currently:

EU Account:

100% WR

4,345 PR

survival 83.33%

damage 39,185

destoryed warships 2.67

K/D 16

NA account:

52.57% WR

1,383 PR

survival 30.39%

damage 50,399

warships destoryed 0.91

K/D 1.31

you can eventually recover, if you find out what ship your great in and play that

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

Not uncommon.  I regularly have strings of losses followed by strings of wins.   I'm maintaining a pretty reliable (if exceptionally underwhelming) 52% WR.  It's only really frustrating when that string of losses includes several 1000+xp top-three finishes and then when finally you get a win it's in a game where your CL is wiped out of in the first 5 minutes.

Wooooooo....

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr
My fingers are covered in starch and fertilizer. Never mind why.

Members
18,240 posts
5,209 battles
57 minutes ago, ASHAMAN100 said:

Is a win rate of 1 out of every 10 games and a survival rate of 2 out of every 10 games something I should be concerned about?

No. Winning 100 out of 1000 games, and surviving 200 out of 1000 games, yes.

57 minutes ago, ASHAMAN100 said:

Is as a rule not even getting to the 12th minute of the game and having very low to no damage scored normal?

It's normal, but that's not saying much. I can't really advise you how to change that, as I just play the game and act on instinct mostly.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
1 hour ago, ASHAMAN100 said:

What is your "Endurance Percentage?" Victories Survived ÷ Battles Survived. (Search yourself on the WoWS main page; detailed statistics) 

At current, I'm at 51.17% Wins, 32% Survivability, and 84.67% Endurance (Wins/Survived). 

Personally I think My survivability stinks, but I know I'm overly aggressive when I play. But when I look at my Endurance Ratings and compare it to my Wins, I feel like I've managed to assist in helping my team Win. 

The other day in my K-berg I had a match that lasted 3 mins. In that span I Citadelled to death a Graf Spee, Omaha (or Phoenix), and a Minekaze before dying to its Torpedoes; I was also bearing in on an Emerald. My match was over very quickly; but the team ended up winning. I'm hoping it was partially thanks to my own efforts; down by 3.5 ships traded for 1 on a single flank is huge. Especially only 3mins in. 

Anyways, forget about your Overall %Survivability. What Really matters is your Endurance Rating. That statistic determines IF you working towards "surviving battle" was Effective play and performance. Not saying you should only stay on the Second Line and "snipe" to protect your HP Pool and "survive". You still need good Exp/Damage gains to pat yourself on the back while Contributing to a Win while Surviving. 

Basically practice surviving BUT don't focus on it. Some teammates are more effective while dead; they simply Know, how much damage needs to be dealt for Their Ship to be an Even or Better Trade. 

Sign in to follow this