Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iso250

Republique is grossly inaccurate??

28 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
100 posts
4,660 battles

Prior to the ship being released all I read was how accurate it was.  

After putting Aiming Systems Mod 1 it has a dispersion of 299m.  Worse than every other T10 ship.  Without accuracy the ship is pretty bad.  Sure, you can get it to fire every 21 seconds, but shooting less rounds than any other ship at a worse accuracy than any other ship means that fast firing rate still has the ship lagging behind.  The only time that fast reload matters for such an inaccurate ship is if you're brawling, and it just doesn't have the armour to do that.

Have they made an error with the bad accuracy or am I missing something?

[HINON]
Supertester
19,213 posts
12,740 battles

299m at what range? You can't just compare max dispersion values and draw conclusions about a ship's accuracy. There's also things like vertical dispersion, sigma, shell travel time, etc.

Finally, don't sit at max range and snipe. Get closer.

[CVA16]
Members
100 posts
4,660 battles

I'm going off the base stats, plus in the match I was just in I was firing at a BB's side from 16kms.  I aimed nicely, but some shots went so low and so high that only 3 hit.  Most other volleys were landing 4, maybe 5 at that close range.  I know I'm not the best player, but at that range I usually get a much higher percentage of shells landing at a BB's side.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,094 posts
14,503 battles

It's an 8 gun BB.  It's going to miss a lot of shells and lose a lot of possible damage.

German BB players in Bismarck, Tirpitz, FDG know this.  Or worse, 6-gun Gneisenau.

Even Richelieu is the same way.

457-Conqueror is the same deal.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[CVA16]
Members
100 posts
4,660 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's an 8 gun BB.  It's going to miss a lot of shells and lose a lot of possible damage.

German BB players in Bismarck, Tirpitz, FDG know this.  Or worse, 6-gun Gneisenau.

Even Richelieu is the same way.

457-Conqueror is the same deal.

I've played every one of those ships except the Conqueror.  It's worse.  By a noticable margin.  Even the Yammy is way more accurate, and it only has one more gun.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
3 minutes ago, iso250 said:

Even the Yammy is way more accurate, and it only has one more gun.

The Yammy is in fact the Most Accurate ship in the game. That's a bad benchmark to use.

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,258 posts
2,029 battles
3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

The Yammy is in fact the Most Accurate ship in the game. That's a bad benchmark to use.

Laughs in Japanese dispersion + 2.1 sigma

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,258 posts
2,029 battles

@OP

Your dispersion looks like crap because the range is so long. 26.08 km!

You're using the worst dispersion model in the game for horizontal dispersion, that of continental Europe (KM, RM, MN), so your dispersion is equal to GK's.

However, you have 2.0 sigma and GK only has 1.8.

So make no mistake, you are more accurate than GK - you just feel less accurate because you've only got 8 guns.

Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,521 battles
21 minutes ago, Lert said:

299m at what range? You can't just compare max dispersion values and draw conclusions about a ship's accuracy. There's also things like vertical dispersion, sigma, shell travel time, etc.

Finally, don't sit at max range and snipe. Get closer.

I was just going to point this out.

The Republique is exceptionally long ranged and those dispersion figures are its dispersion at maximum range.  I forget its max range but I think it is like 26km or something crazy like that which would translate into something like what .... 240-250m dispersion at 20-22km?   Basically how it works is that  the dispersion ellipse gets smaller and smaller as the range decreases so the listed dispersion number is a horrible stat by which to compare ships unless your comparing two ships with similar max ranges.

Also as Lert is pointing out here, there are tons and tons of factors that effect actual accuracy.  Other factors he didn't mention are velocity, drag and horizontal dispersion and probably a few more I am also forgetting.

So before we go saying it is inaccurate, we need to apply a "wait and see" approach because unfortunately WG doesn't publish every stat used to calculate accuracy and even data mining hasn't figured out all the factors that make up the mathematical formula that WG uses to determine accuracy. 

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
13 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

:Smile_great: This.

[CVA16]
Members
100 posts
4,660 battles

I’ve been mainly flanking, continually moving to mitigate its armour shortcomings, using its speed boost to get position. (The ship SLOWS down heavily as soon as you give it rudder. This is another thing that bothers me. For a fast ship, its speed is only periodic at best, and the Missouri feels way faster as a result.) Most of my shots have been between 10-18kms away. 

I know I’m not a tester, I know I’m not a great player, but it just feels too inaccurate, especially for a ship that was touted to be accurate.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
2 minutes ago, iso250 said:

especially for a ship that was touted to be accurate.

Accurate is a relative term. Accurate compared to what? A GK. It is. Compared to a Yamato, it cannot be. Compared to Monty? If you only fired two guns per salvo it would be. But it sounds like you are mistaking quality of fire for quantity of fire. A Monty and 17" Conq *feel* more accurate because of their higher barrel count, not because of actual dispersion issues.

Edited by _RC1138

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles
1 hour ago, iso250 said:

After putting Aiming Systems Mod 1 it has a dispersion of 299m.  Worse than every other T10 ship.  Without accuracy the ship is pretty bad.  Sure, you can get it to fire every 21 seconds, but shooting less rounds than any other ship at a worse accuracy than any other ship means that fast firing rate still has the ship lagging behind.  The only time that fast reload matters for such an inaccurate ship is if you're brawling, and it just doesn't have the armour to do that.

Have you played at least 5 matches in it? Montana shows as higher dispersion than Yamato... but Montana is by far more accurate an overall ship, especially at range. 

[CVA16]
Members
100 posts
4,660 battles

I understand that it’s probably me seeing issues that may not be there. I can only comment on how it feels to me. 

Maybe that’s because of what I was expecting of this ship.

Oh, no surprise to know that Conquerors dominate it!

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,236 posts

I've found that it's not the dispersion that causes misses but the dispersion pattern.  There is the "line" where all shells spread out evenly over a line that is the max dispersion wide.  There is the "bracket" where all shells land to the left and right of the aim point.  The "oval" where everything falls within an oval that has a very distinct vertical spread vs the line's horizontal spread. 

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles
3 minutes ago, iso250 said:

I understand that it’s probably me seeing issues that may not be there. I can only comment on how it feels to me. 

Maybe that’s because of what I was expecting of this ship.

Oh, no surprise to know that Conquerors dominate it!

Welcome to Wargaming artificially altering ships to fit their own rock/paper/scissors/fire/flood whims...

Murican AP > all, UK HE > all, except in Russki cruisers/DDs. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, iso250 said:

I FXP'd my way to T10 from T6 today, it has speed boost ... you're meant to get close but don't have German armor so ... it's a cruiser with bigger guns .. Side note, without any specs it has 8.4 KM secondaries ...

Edited by w4spl3g

Members
345 posts
5 battles
1 hour ago, iso250 said:

I've played every one of those ships except the Conqueror.  It's worse.  By a noticable margin.  Even the Yammy is way more accurate, and it only has one more gun.

You uh, you DO know that the yammy has the highest sigma value in the entire game and as such by definiton the most accurate BB in the entire game right?

[CVA16]
Members
100 posts
4,660 battles
1 minute ago, TheNargacuga said:

You uh, you DO know that the yammy has the highest sigma value in the entire game and as such by definiton the most accurate BB in the entire game right?

Thank you, that was made clear to me in the posts before yours. 

• Funny 1

Members
345 posts
5 battles
1 minute ago, iso250 said:

Thank you, that was made clear to me in the posts before yours. 

Sorry based on how much you were freaking out in the OP I thought it best to make it VERY VERY clear that you were wrong, carry over from living in the bible belt and dealing with westboro baptist hate group every other week. 

Edited by TheNargacuga

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,870 posts
5,255 battles

Why do you have the tier 10 already?  I hope you didn't free xp all the way to it.  You realize the most fun tiers in this game are tiers IV - VII right?  (Although admittedly only tiers VI and VII of the French tree.)

[CVA16]
Members
100 posts
4,660 battles
4 minutes ago, TheNargacuga said:

Sorry based on how much you were freaking out in the OP I thought it best to make it VERY VERY clear that you were wrong, carry over from living in the bible belt and dealing with westboro baptist hate group every other week. 

I’m not sure where you got the impression that I was freaking out?...

If I was angry and saying WG are stupid and they ruined my ship and I’m going to hold my breath until they made it shoot lasers, then yes, that would be freaking out.

Instead I provided what I thought to be the case and asked others for input. I thought that that was an ok thing to do here in the forums?...

[CVA16]
Members
100 posts
4,660 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

Why do you have the tier 10 already?  I hope you didn't free xp all the way to it.  You realize the most fun tiers in this game are tiers IV - VII right?  (Although admittedly only tiers VI and VII of the French tree.)

Already had the V to VIII. And my favourite is the Lyon. Landed a Kraken in it yesterday. That is a very fun ship. Despite it having so many guns, I think it has sufficient weakness to make it balanced. 

I free XP’d past the IX. I’ll play that at done stage. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,870 posts
5,255 battles
2 minutes ago, iso250 said:

Already had the V to VIII. And my favourite is the Lyon. Landed a Kraken in it yesterday. That is a very fun ship. Despite it having so many guns, I think it has sufficient weakness to make it balanced. 

I free XP’d past the IX. I’ll play that at done stage. 

Yeah looking forward to getting my Lyon today.

Sign in to follow this