Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

French Premium No More - 7.2 update

10 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

In case you may not have noticed, your premium ship earned via the "get it early" contests via "private missions" is now a regular ship. You commander was put into reserves (apparently) so as not to train him for the ship. I'm thankful for that - but am I? Now you have to retrain a commander for that specific ship, so you know, there are costs involved. 

Due to clan discounts (ahem), selling with stock modules and dismounting modules, the Bretagne will net me a whopping 776,000 coins. Of course I have to spend 75 doubloons to keep the modules. 

If I sell everything related to her, I can pull down 1,728,000 in coins. 

Another grind is about to begin though... as the Norm sits there, about 30K away. 

Members
100 posts
348 battles

Sold my bretagne, normandie, and lyon, scrapped up just enough with those sales to nab the Richairu. 

Wasnt planning to keep those BB's long anyway :)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

I was wondering (when I get home from work) that since I sold off the lower modules..  what will happen here? 

Does it revert back to 'unresearched'?

Alpha Tester
3,477 posts
1,521 battles

Not sure the issue because if you read all the various notes on the subject you would have noticed that all the French BBs we got from the containers had a special status only valid until patch 7.2 came out.   No one should be surprised that the ships have lost this special status and are not treated just like any other normal tech tree ship.

For my part I am just happy the promotion allowed me to skip a majority of the grind that would normally be required for me to get to the ships I am really interested in playing.  I managed to get 187k XP on my Richelieu last night which means I should be able to just jump in and grab the Alsace as soon as I get home tonight and that was the ship I was most interested in, in the entire line since the French BB line was first speculated years ago. 

Alpha Tester
129 posts
1,534 battles

My Lyon captain was sitting right there on the Lyon, I did have to retrain him though!

Alpha Tester
129 posts
1,534 battles

I did think they were going to release a tier VIII French premium BB though.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I didn't post this as an issue but rather an advisory... someone might accidentally put a commander in one of their "premium" ships quickly, without paying attention, then be surprised by it. 

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

Ah that sucks.  I should have gone ahead and completed the grind to Richelieu.  It's fine though I need my commander as high as possible before I go to Tier X (meaning before I put him in a Tier VIII ship).   Right now I only have 11 points.  It's going to be 16 points before I can even get use of Commander Horneé's special ability.

[KRK]
Members
36 posts
8,495 battles

I have four of the French battleships each with a DEDICATED commander and I have to re-train all four. What kind of [edited] is that??? They did remain with the ship and wern't put in reserve.

[HINON]
Members
9,017 posts
5 minutes ago, RonboTex said:

I have four of the French battleships each with a DEDICATED commander and I have to re-train all four. What kind of [edited] is that??? They did remain with the ship and wern't put in reserve.

You always have to retrain captain for tech tree ships. This was all noted in the news article and patch notes.

Sign in to follow this