Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TehParakitteh

French BBs were dropping already?

16 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
52 posts
1,002 battles

With the French Addition and French Progression chain ops running until March 2nd, I didn't think that the 7.2 update would come until then. French Battleships are coming in this update, "available to all who wish to research the line".

Does this mean that French crates opened in 7.2 will no longer reward players with French Battleships?

I won the Bretagne in a bundle of 5 crates that I bought, and before 7.2 update kicked me, I had 9 French crates in my inventory, which I had just received for completing French Addition and stage 2 of French Progression. I figured I'd wait until earning the remaining 7 crates from completing Progression before actually opening them all, so have I just lost 9 rolls at a second French BB?

If so, why on earth was the event slated to run beyond the release of 7.2?

Obviously I'm just quite worked up and simply don't know, so if all is good then I'm fine and sorry for the tone.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,240 posts
12,789 battles

Far as I know you'll still get your bote for completing the missions, up until the specified date. It's just that people can now research them normally too.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
52 posts
1,002 battles

[enormous sigh of relief intensifies]

Phew. Thanks man. Sure it would do, but the update really snuck up on me. Guess that explains the player saying "see you in the French BBs" five seconds before we were all kicked :cap_happy:

Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,522 battles
3 hours ago, Lionel92 said:

Alsace here I come!

Yep.  Managed to hit 187k XP on my Richelieu last night which should be enough XP to immediately allow me to buy the Alsace as soon as I get home from work tonight.  Easiest Tier 9 grind I have every done hehe.   Only bad thing is I never got the Lyon so guess I am going to have to finish grinding it out with my Normandie.   Would normally just skip it since I already have the Richelieu but I hear it is just too much fun to skip so just 35k XP more to grind out with the Normandie. 

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,128 posts
5,976 battles
2 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Yep.  Managed to hit 187k XP on my Richelieu last night which should be enough XP to immediately allow me to buy the Alsace as soon as I get home from work tonight.  Easiest Tier 9 grind I have every done hehe.   Only bad thing is I never got the Lyon so guess I am going to have to finish grinding it out with my Normandie.   Would normally just skip it since I already have the Richelieu but I hear it is just too much fun to skip so just 35k XP more to grind out with the Normandie. 

You still need 3k fxp for her! She is 190k but boy, she is fun to play! I'm enjoying her a lot

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
52 posts
1,002 battles

So, I finally got the last of the crates by completing French Progression. All 25 earned, and opened the last 16 in a row.

Not one ship. None in the first nine either. I completed the French Collection by using my sixteen duplicate items though, with 4 still left over.

I got Bretagne by buying a bundle of 5 crates.

...?

Don't feel like my odds should be that bad.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
715 posts
5,323 battles

yea I'm still hoping to drop a Richelieu before this ends so I only have to grind to the Alsace which is the only ship I care about.

[YORHA]
Members
3,340 posts
1 hour ago, TehParakitteh said:

So, I finally got the last of the crates by completing French Progression. All 25 earned, and opened the last 16 in a row.

Not one ship. None in the first nine either. I completed the French Collection by using my sixteen duplicate items though, with 4 still left over.

...?

And there you have it.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
7 hours ago, TehParakitteh said:

...?

That's bizarre. I got Bretagne on, I think, the first crate drop in French Addition and Normandie on the very last, and French Progression was a no-show for me because I am travelling abroad. I know I was fairly lucky to get two, but RNGesus seems to have thoroughly shafted the people who got none at all by playing the campaigns out.

OTOH, correct me if I'm wrong, but you give me the impression that you managed to complete the collection and get the 10 point captain without having to use the contents of your crate bundle. Some might consider that a fair and just outcome. I guess it depends on whether you put a higher value on the captain or the ships.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
52 posts
1,002 battles

Yes, the captain is surely worth "more" than the ships given they're all TT vessels, I just got a bit overwhelmed last night at the effort/reward ratio lol.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,575 posts

I can confirm that you can still get the missions from crates, got one for Lyon despite now owning LITERALLY EVERY FRENCH SHIP....

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
9 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

I can confirm that you can still get the missions from crates, got one for Lyon despite now owning LITERALLY EVERY FRENCH SHIP....

Weird. I know the end date for the Base XP grind on early-bird ships was April sometime, but I would never have expected missions to continue dropping in crates after the ships became mainline, especially if you already have it in your port (did you grind out or free-XP from Normandie once she became mainline, or did you somehow score a second Lyon unlock task?). 

Let us know what happens when you grind out the base XP for her!

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
52 posts
1,002 battles
2 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

I can haz code?

>.>

<.<

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
715 posts
5,323 battles
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, TehParakitteh said:

...?

Ridiculous, odds should be slightly weighted for people who busted their [edited]in the Campaign.

Sign in to follow this