Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bavor

Researched and Purchased Missouri before 7.2i, didn't get Segal

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
40 posts

I researched and purchased the MIssouri before 7.2 and didn't get Steven Seagal as the captain.  Instead I got Benjamin Newton. 

Was this some sort of error on Wargaming's part?  It doesn't appear Captain newton has any special skills.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,247 posts
12,800 battles

Seagal never came with purchase of Missouri. That was never a thing.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
40 posts

Oh it must have been a mission then?  I remember seeing people post they had him as the captain of the MIssouri. 

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
3 minutes ago, Bavor said:

Oh it must have been a mission then?  I remember seeing people post they had him as the captain of the MIssouri. 

Seagal was put into the game before Missouri, he has nothing to do with the ship.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,247 posts
12,800 battles
5 minutes ago, Bavor said:

Yes, there was an event a while back where you could earn him. As for him being captain on the Missouri, Mo is a premium ship and can take any US captain.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,849 battles

I have no Missouri, but have Steven Seagal or soon to be John Doe. You got him from doing some event that was tied in with the Missouri coming into the game.
It was a promotional / marketing thing to hype up the launch and too probably get WG a boatload more customers to play the game.

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

I think the confusion is that Segal was *on* the Missouri. As in there was a little character model moving around, doing pushups and tossing knives and carrying soup pots ON the port model of the ship in game.

[O_O]
Members
4,427 posts
9,600 battles

For a while, if you looked at Missouri in port you would see chef Casey Ryback ("Under Siege" movie reference) occasionally walk out on deck and do some martial arts moves.  Since the deal between WG and Steven Seagal has ended, that animation has been removed.

Many players who earned the Seagal special captain used him on Missouri.  I have there, also, and also use him for Arizona.

But, no, Seagal was never a package deal with Missouri.  The two were separate offerings that were released at the same time.

Edited by desmo_2

Members
354 posts
5 battles
5 hours ago, Bavor said:

I researched and purchased the MIssouri before 7.2 and didn't get Steven Seagal as the captain.  Instead I got Benjamin Newton. 

Was this some sort of error on Wargaming's part?  It doesn't appear Captain newton has any special skills.

Never was a thing and I don't know what moron convinced you that it was. 

Beta Testers
40 posts
2 hours ago, TheNargacuga said:

Never was a thing and I don't know what moron convinced you that it was. 

There were a bunch of youtube videos and reddit posts of players who had the Steven Segal they earned in missions as the Capt. of their Missouri.  That's why I was confused about it.  It made it appear that he came with the ship.

Sign in to follow this