Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JoeSlackman

So Long Annoying Detonations (At least when at full strength)

17 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
6,662 battles

I wanted to praise the decision to eliminate detonations from the game in the latest update.  (At least when at full strength)  It is so frustrating to get a detonation early in battles.  Appreciate the change.  GLHF

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I will sit here and wait for the I got detonated this is Bull Poop Threads

WhfxTbh.gif

• Cool 1

Members
2,496 posts
5,479 battles
45 minutes ago, JoeSlackman said:

I wanted to praise the decision to eliminate detonations from the game in the latest update.  (At least when at full strength)  It is so frustrating to get a detonation early in battles.  Appreciate the change.  GLHF

yeah I put up a post in regards to the Detonation Nerf as well. Yeah..GLAD WOW did implement it.  It's about time for that illogical lame mechanic to get the boot. - or at least a 25% less boot in this case.  Hopefully MORE will be coming. I'd like to see it eliminated myself. As I keep saying..no ones going to complain if it gets deleted totally.  Also it would mean one more placeholder for another flag other than the DET Flag.   

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,535 battles

I can't remember who it was, but someone had a great Idea of having a dynamic detonation, with each turret magazines having separate hitboxes, when RNG decided doing a set percentage of damage based on the ships Max HP divided by the number of turrets and resulting in the permanent destruction of the turret, with a extremely low chance (1 or lower %) chance for total destruction.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,237 battles

They didn't remove detonation at all, they just allow detonation to happens once you lost 25% of your HP. 

I guess it will change some people life.... Personally I don't think I'll feel any difference 

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,535 battles
4 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

They didn't remove detonation at all, they just allow detonation to happens once you lost 25% of your HP. 

I guess it will change some people life.... Personally I don't think I'll feel any difference 

It wasn't really an issue for me either. I have 4700ish battles played and 31 detonations in that time frame, maybe 10 of those were full HP detonations. I just think They should have made the animation for it more spectacular.

• Cool 1

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
140 posts
11,155 battles

Had it happen to me this morning going in for a cap with my Kidd and was hit by one shell and detonated, but the day before detonated a full health Missouri with one torp from my Shimi so all works out in the end.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I will sit here and wait for the I got detonated this is Bull Poop Threads

But you didn't bring popcorn; how can you wait patiently without popcorn?

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,868 battles

So I took my shiny new Normandie out for the first time after completing the mission. Tier 6 in a T8 game; no problem says I, let's get stuck in. I fire a few volleys and push in cause it's pretty fast for a BB. 1 torpedo hit, near full hp and detonation. So damn glad to see this being implemented. 2 dets in the last 2 days, this one being the worst.

Edited by _Rumple_

[PNP]
Members
393 posts
2,945 battles

I like this change. It's better rather be demoralized in the first opening minutes of the game just to have a DD die by detonation. Hopefully, this should stop some detonation complain threads.

[USCC2]
Members
3,556 posts
4 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

And we have a winner!

I doubt a DD will see any difference, even a cruiser and if a BB chooses to mess around with the heal to save dipping below 75% that is a risk in itself.

Of course the dev strikes will still be around.

[RE]
Members
485 posts
18,132 battles

watch out for the game mechanics being broken now, might see alot more dets after 75%

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts

You're still gona see full health detonations. The Det check happens after damage is applied so if you take a hit that does 25% damage you can still be detonated. DD's are still gona blow up left-and-right from single BB salvos at the start of matches, and likewise it's possible for single torp hits on BB's to detonate them from full health.

Members
319 posts
4,388 battles

To celebrate...first game out in Gearing today got detonated right at 75% ish.  No fire flags...no flood flags...anti detonation flag on lol.  It was no less annoying.

Edited by LastSamurai714

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
315 posts
9,428 battles

I could really use some flags, so not blowing up may be a problem

[WOLF3]
Members
6,399 posts
2,387 battles
22 minutes ago, LastSamurai714 said:

To celebrate...first game out in Gearing today got detonated right at 75% ish. ..anti detonation flag on lol. 

???  You were flying a Det flag?  Got a replay?

Members
319 posts
4,388 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

???  You were flying a Det flag?  Got a replay?

Wasn't recording on that one.  It's the only flag I use on Gearing though.  I only use one signal flag on it.

Sign in to follow this