You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
XX_Emeraldking_XX

Giving away positions?

13 comments in this topic

Members
288 posts
3,528 battles

I've been in two back to back matches were players gave away positions. Of course, one team clearly lost the battle. The first fight, I was in Budyonny and the enemy had clearly lost. Somebody put in the chat "our Kongo at (insert coordinates here) is AFK". Somebody then replied saying that he should be careful and people have been banned bc of that. In the next fight, I was in Cleveland and our team was losing big time. Our carrier was in a corner and somebody on our team gave away our carrier's coordinates. Again, some people in the chat replied saying people have been banned for saying that.

Is this a new trend that is happening (I WANT IN, lolz no, I already know u can get banned, I already have two strikes on chat, I don't need any strikes for game or more chat), or is this just a weird coincidence?

Also do you get chat or game banned for this?

XX_Emeraldking_XX

[MEIST]
Members
870 posts
3,059 battles

I have seen that before when the game is clearly over and there is an AFK on one team. They just want to get the game over with and play that ship sooner rather than later. I don't really care if the game is a total blow out. What does that matter. If there is a chance to win and someone is just being a jerk because they are mad they died early and blame the team then I have a problem with that. In either case I would not do it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

I did that once in Co-Op....  "Hey bots !!  Our lazy camping BB is at B5 -- go get em.   And your motherboards suck quartz crystals."

But seriously..  Screen shot of text or a replay.  Random battle, right?

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
7 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

I have seen that before when the game is clearly over and there is an AFK on one team. They just want to get the game over with and play that ship sooner rather than later. I don't really care if the game is a total blow out. What does that matter. If there is a chance to win and someone is just being a jerk because they are mad they died early and blame the team then I have a problem with that. In either case I would not do it.

What does it matter?  

1.  It's against the rules.  Period.  No more really needs to be said.

2.  While the battle may not be over, that jerk is ruining the remainder of the battle for the player he's given the location of.

I've been the victim of this kind of disgusting behavior before, and IMO, it's worse than being TK'd.  Why?  If you get TK'd, you dead. But if your position has been given out to the enemy, or worse (as was the case for me), your position is being constantly given to the enemy and the violator is even telling the enemy who you're firing torps at and when.  This jerk ruined my game for minutes on end.

This kind of behavior should be punished  SEVERELY!!!  Do NOT try to excuse it in any way.

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
870 posts
3,059 battles
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

2.  While the battle may not be over, that jerk is ruining the remainder of the battle for the player he's given the location of.

They are NOT RUINING the game for the AFK! The AFK doesn't even know. They are AFK. Reead my post because you didn't read it.

1,542 posts
26 battles

It's very bad sportsmanship to give away a teammate. You can receive a ban for this, though I'm not sure if it is a chat ban or a full game ban. Either way, it isn't a nice thing to do to others trying to enjoy the game

[-_W_-]
[-_W_-]
Members
45 posts
11,882 battles

Yep. REAL simple. Rules state you do not broadcast in open chat a teammates position. No excuse, there are ways of reporting AFK player, use that.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,726 posts
4,737 battles

AFK report it.  Giving out friendly or enemy locations, think that falls under the right click: Report under "Unsportsmanship like conduct" forget how exactly it reads.

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
2 hours ago, jager_geist said:

They are NOT RUINING the game for the AFK! The AFK doesn't even know. They are AFK. Reead my post because you didn't read it.

I read it.  I just ignored it.

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
1 hour ago, vonKaiser said:

AFK report it.  Giving out friendly or enemy locations, think that falls under the right click: Report under "Unsportsmanship like conduct" forget how exactly it reads.

No, giving away positions is something you should take a screen shot of, and then submit a support ticket.

[PSP]
Members
6,251 posts
8,888 battles

In chess, better players can see several moves ahead and resign when they have been beaten because there is no point drawing out a game with a known conclusion. In WOWS, however, there is a slight but definite possibility that a "lost" game might be turned around.

I was in a game a couple of days ago where two of the enemy killed seven of my team and won the match, even though we were ahead 300 points with five minutes to go. If my team had just stayed where they were we would have won on points. However, all were low on health but decided to farm more damage by attacking two full health battleships that had just been camping all game and were all wiped out.

There is a difference between AFK and camping. Some players, for whatever reason don't participate until late in the game. Perhaps this is a strategy to farm Krakens, as they oftentimes can sink ships with a single shot after their team has removed most of their hitpoints. So be careful about telling someone where the "AFK" is. 

Edited by Snargfargle