You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Big_Tidday_Goth_GF

I sold the Galisonnaire

34 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

Tier VI may be my favorite Tier overall - you get the map shards often, you get to fight against some interesting ships, and you have cruisers of just enough armor that you have to play more strategically instead of trying to do the same old kite or island camp thing.

I could not enjoy the Gasoline tier VI French cruiser tho.  Something about a Light Cruiser with flat arcs (but slow shell spood) just fits nowhere in the game.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
4 minutes ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

Tier VI may be my favorite Tier overall - you get the map shards often, you get to fight against some interesting ships, and you have cruisers of just enough armor that you have to play more strategically instead of trying to do the same old kite or island camp thing.

I could not enjoy the Gasoline tier VI French cruiser tho.  Something about a Light Cruiser with flat arcs (but slow shell spood) just fits nowhere in the game.

Well I also sold mine, in order to get the Algérie. But I am now saving up to get her back, for my little French Navy.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
5 minutes ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

but it's so damn terrible

I have the Neil DeGrasse Black Science ship for Tier VI needs.  It is better in every way.

I have the De Grasse as well, but I did not have that much of an issue with La Galissonnière once I got used to her.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

I have the De Grasse as well, but I did not have that much of an issue with La Galissonnière once I got used to her.

And I am not saying you have to keep her, everyone is different.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,401 battles

I was ok with the LaGal, the one I just never clicked with was the Algerie.  If you look at the LaGal vs Algerie in my stats, I actually did better with the Algerie, but for whatever reason I just never got comfortable with it.  Martel and Saint-Louis were baller though.

[-K-]
Members
5,261 posts
9,104 battles

Like you, I didn't like that ship very much.  One of only two ships I've ever Free XP'd to get out of.

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles

Played through and researched all the upgrades, then after thinking about it for a while, sold it.  It's the only ship with special camo that I ever sold.

I kinda liked the Galsonnaire and did well in it, but the Emile Bertin - which I kept - is better in every way and it faces less severe opposition.  Given the choice I would always play the Emile over the Gali, and I have other, far better tier VI cruisers.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,368 posts

Yeap.  

The idea that there is some sort of universal list of ships that are good for or bad for every last player is garbage.  Forget it. 

Keep the ships you enjoy and/or do well in.

Get rid of the ships that make the game unfun or that you can't make work.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
8 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Yeap.  

The idea that there is some sort of universal list of ships that are good for or bad for every last player is garbage.  Forget it. 

Well said:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,263 battles
28 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Yeap.  

Pretty much.

Emerald. Keeper.

Every other RN cruiser; sold or no intention of EVER purchasing. I'd sell Belfast if I didn't have other reasons for keeping it, even though I haven't played it in over a year.

[SYN]
Members
4,546 posts
11,437 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I'd sell Belfast if I didn't have other reasons for keeping it, even though I haven't played it in over a year.

I haven't seen a Belfast in at least a week's worth of playing.  Not surprising, considering how much people hate playing against it specifically, and how heavily prioritised it is by the opposing team the instant it's spotted.

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,263 battles
5 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Not surprising, considering how much people hate playing against it specifically, and how heavily prioritised it is by the opposing team the instant it's spotted.

Certainly a function of how well others are doing in it.

If the majority of players did as well in it as I do; it would be a subject of derision.

For me, it's been just as worthless as every other RN cruiser, (except Emerald.)

[CAPGO]
Members
524 posts
3,314 battles

yup.. I sold mine too.. but then I have my DeGrasse

[O_O]
Members
4,407 posts
9,539 battles

I haven't had much trouble making La Galissonniere work.  Since I have the permanent Snowy camo for it, I suppose I'll keep her.

Spoiler

GJP4SBG.jpg

ry0RmFY.jpg

6KLN1eZ.jpg

360 posts
194 battles
19 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Emerald. Keeper.

As testament to "Everyone will have different fun ships", I couldn't get out of the Emerald fast enough and used Free XP to do so. 

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,104 battles

It is my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions, that some ships are better used in PvE, rather than PvP. I played all last week in PvP and the French fleet (tiers 5-7 cruisers and 5-6 BBs) were pretty lacking. Yet in PvE they usually do quite well. The BBs did "okay" in PvP, but nowhere near as good as other BBs. The Normandie was a great fire starter, but not much armor. A really well-trained Captain does a lot for French Cruisers. But yes, keep what you enjoy and sell what you hate. :Smile_Default:

[PVE]
Members
5,603 posts
18,201 battles
1 hour ago, Deviathan said:

I was ok with the LaGal, the one I just never clicked with was the Algerie.  If you look at the LaGal vs Algerie in my stats, I actually did better with the Algerie, but for whatever reason I just never got comfortable with it.  Martel and Saint-Louis were baller though.

The Algerie is like most other tier 7 tech tree cruisers IMHO, they are not great but they are not terrible either. The Fiji is the exception, it is a well regarded ship to most cruiser players. The "LaGal" (I like that, can never spell its name) is a fun ship, really liked her so have kept it. Even bought the permanent camo (which is awful) for her and was so happy to get the new alternate camo as part of the DoY campaign. It looks so much better. LaGal is an excellent cruiser for her tier and I enjoy her. Course she suffers like all cruisers with being low tier but that is a matchmaking thing, not her fault. 

[PVE]
Members
5,603 posts
18,201 battles
1 minute ago, TugboatCommander said:

As testament to "Everyone will have different fun ships", I couldn't get out of the Emerald fast enough and used Free XP to do so. 

Wow I just played the 20 some odd games in PvE and was done with Emerald. I didn't especially dislike her, she seemed ok enough. Spending free xp for that seems a waste especially since you lose all the xp for the captain by skipping the grindy bit. To each their own I suppose. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,246 posts
17,263 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Wow I just played the 20 some odd games in PvE and was done with Emerald. I didn't especially dislike her, she seemed ok enough. Spending free xp for that seems a waste especially since you lose all the xp for the captain by skipping the grindy bit. To each their own I suppose. 

I keep it because of the torpedoes, and because it hasn't been quite so fragile for me as others.

With smart play, a bit of luck, and an 'I'm dead if I turn, so CHARGE!!' attitude, I was able to sail between a Wyoming and a Kongo and sink both.

Leander never, let me repeat; NEVER, delivered in any useful way. I hated it every minute I had it, and Fiji and Eddy were just as loathed.

Don't much care if my average damage wasn't much off the listed one on WST for all three; as far as I personally am concerned, SAP and the RN cruisers are both worthless.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
21 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well I like/enjoy the Myogi, and everytime I mention this I can "see" @AdmiralThunder get a cold chill up his back:cap_haloween:. But I really did have a great time with her, and plan on getting her back. BUT I did not enjoy the Kongo?

Edited by Chaos_EN2
One of these days I gotta to learrn to spelll

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

I'm one of those weirdos who also liked the Emerald.  Really every single British Cruiser I enjoyed.  Edinburgh to me wasn't a step down from the Fiji, even though I will rebuy the Fiji and I already have the permacamo for it.

The Gasoline's main problem is that if you aren't able to start fires, you really can't do much.  It needs IFHE, and that's a tall order for a Tier VI captain, since I don't have 14 points usually until I'm at Tier VIII.  If it weren't for that, maybe I would like it better.  

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,249 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_Lutzow said:

I liked my Gal so much that I perma-camo'd it. Different strokes. 

Interesting I find this ship to be a bit sluggish and hard to turn, it feels like it should turn better than it does to me

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
6 minutes ago, Visidious said:

Interesting I find this ship to be a bit sluggish and hard to turn, it feels like it should turn better than it does to me

Well what I tried to do was save my Speed Boost for turns, it helped.