You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chaos_EN2

PSA: 0.7.2 Update Tomorrow

24 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-072/#bobbs

Tomorrow the update drops. Now the whole branch is available for everyone, and all ships of the new branch can be researched. French battleships are very diverse, and what's more—starting from tier V they are also very atypical.

Yes the French BB line will open!

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

"Added Premium German tier VIII destroyer Z-39 for testing by developers and supertesters" That will make some DD Captains very happy!

[OPG]
Members
3,982 posts
5,700 battles

Wait, am I reading this right?  It says that now there will be an alternate camo scheme for the Atago's perma camo, but the Atago is already blue....does that mean we're getting a......gasp....Green Atago?

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,769 posts
4,582 battles
17 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

"Added Premium German tier VIII destroyer Z-39 for testing by developers and supertesters" That will make some DD Captains very happy!

Will they be able to accept the 15cm playstyle?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
3 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

Will they be able to accept the 15cm playstyle?

I have no idea, I am not a DD Captain. I just happy about the French BBs and other French Stuff happening.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

Would this mean that if you don't get one of the BB missions today, you will no longer be able to get one in a container?  I was hoping to luck into the tier 8 one to eventually try out the French gold part that requires it. 

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
15,017 battles

I got enough ship XP on the Lyon to get the Richie and enough free XP to get the Alsace.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

Just notice this part "Please note France has been renamed République." Well i was okay with the name France, but I think République is better.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,580 battles
20 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Just notice this part "Please note France has been renamed République." Well i was okay with the name France, but I think République is better.

Yeah, this was stated by Octavian last week.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

Yeah, this was stated by Octavian last week.

Oh I missed it thank for letting me know.:Smile_honoring:

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles
2 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Gorram Devs and supertesters getting all the fun stuff 1st...  I'm just spoiled from all the new stuff I got to play on my Corgi Account I guess lol

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
5 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

Gorram Devs and supertesters getting all the fun stuff 1st...  I'm just spoiled from all the new stuff I got to play on my Corgi Account I guess lol

Same here, it was fun having ALL the ships. :cap_haloween:LoL wish I could of kept that account LoL:cap_haloween:

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,447 posts
3,875 battles
2 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Good. Another premium destroyer they can test and then remove and never talk about again.

[TDG]
Members
1,196 posts
6,037 battles

I notice that Missouri is going away with 0.7.2.1.

For those still grinding for her, I hope this means it will be there for a few more days.

As to the missions, the containers are still dropping, so it is possible to get a mission.  You have a few weeks left to finish those missions, so the status of the received ship should not be the limiting factor.

I'm hoping I can get at least one more ship out of the container missions, but I will also be happy to start up the French BB tech tree.

ETA: Per a News article, these missions could drop until they end.  Since they end on 13 April, I expect any French container opened before then will have a chance for the ship missions.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller
Details on Ship Missions

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,885 posts
10,675 battles

If you have the new French Captain (JJH) and want him on any of the BB's you got during the event make sure he is on whatever ship you want him on before the update as they will no longer be Premiums.

[TDG]
Members
1,196 posts
6,037 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

If you have the new French Captain (JJH) and want him on any of the BB's you got during the event make sure he is on whatever ship you want him on before the update as they will no longer be Premiums.

Won't he still need retraining?  He is currently specialized for the Tier 1 CL.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,885 posts
10,675 battles
Just now, YeOldeTraveller said:

Won't he still need retraining?  He is currently specialized for the Tier 1 CL.

Ah maybe? I was thinking he would be assigned to whatever ship he is on when the ships swap from Premium to regular. Hope they don't asign him to Richelieu (where I will have him) and take his points away. 

[-SYN-]
Members
34 posts
694 battles

Can’t wait to spec the Bretagne out for secondaries... I’ve seen some nasty results from em.

[TDG]
Members
1,196 posts
6,037 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ah maybe? I was thinking he would be assigned to whatever ship he is on when the ships swap from Premium to regular. Hope they don't asign him to Richelieu (where I will have him) and take his points away. 

I expect he will retain any Captain XP he has earned as that really is a running total.  He will pause until the retraining cost has been met.

I would hope he get specialized for the current ship, but I expect it will be as if he was assigned at zero cost requiring the full retaining cost.  In that case, you could accelerate the retraining with credits and complete it with Elite XP, pay the doubloon cost, or drop him on a premium.

I plan to put him in Reserve until I see which ships I am getting from missions.  Then I will spec him for the ship I need to grind.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,885 posts
10,675 battles
4 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I expect he will retain any Captain XP he has earned as that really is a running total.  He will pause until the retraining cost has been met.

I would hope he get specialized for the current ship, but I expect it will be as if he was assigned at zero cost requiring the full retaining cost.  In that case, you could accelerate the retraining with credits and complete it with Elite XP, pay the doubloon cost, or drop him on a premium.

I plan to put him in Reserve until I see which ships I am getting from missions.  Then I will spec him for the ship I need to grind.

I already moved him to the reserves. Didn't want any issues and I plan to move him onto the Alsace anyway which will cost. Better to do it just once.