You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrShermanTanker

How do you earn XP?

18 comments in this topic

Members
63 posts
578 battles

Im currently at the Queen Elizabeth, and i see people earning around 5000-8000 XP in matches while my best games clock around only 2000+ (And that only on a good day, i usually get 500 a match, and yes i play Random Battles). The King George V costs 80000+ XP and at the rate im going im going to take 2 years to get it. Im guessing that the XP value was made on the basis that at this tier you should get 3000XP a match regularly, so how do i go about doing that?

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,283 posts
22,489 battles

Premium time, flags, premium ship and first win of the day bonus.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
8,476 battles
16 minutes ago, MrShermanTanker said:

Im currently at the Queen Elizabeth, and i see people earning around 5000-8000 XP in matches while my best games clock around only 2000+ (And that only on a good day, i usually get 500 a match, and yes i play Random Battles). The King George V costs 80000+ XP and at the rate im going im going to take 2 years to get it. Im guessing that the XP value was made on the basis that at this tier you should get 3000XP a match regularly, so how do i go about doing that?

Just keep playing the game and the rewards will come your way. All comes down to battle activity. The more you do, the more you get. Learn the basic's,.
Master the game mechanic's and riches will be yours :Smile_teethhappy:

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,791 posts
8,662 battles

Premium time, flags, and camo are usually what gives the big rewards.  First win bonus helps too.  You can get flags for free just by earning crates and playing the test server when available.  Premium time is the only thing I pay for, and that is only when it is on sale.  Other than that, just do things that earn the most XP, which is damaging and killing ships, and capping when available.  Capping is very valuable, but hard to do in a BB.  XP is earned for damage based on percentage of damage done to a ship, so smaller ships earn more XP for the same damage done to them.  You also earn more XP when dealing damage to higher tier ships than to lower tier ships, especially when a lower tier yourself.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,718 posts
7,708 battles

You earn Signal flags via Achievements that you get in-game. One of those boosts your XP income by +50% (note that it doesn't multiply with other bonuses except Premium time). Then there are the Special Signal flags that are earnable via Containers, that can give a lot of extra XP as well. Round that off with Camouflage that can give up to 200% extra XP.

Lastly Premium time Comes into Play, and it will multiply all the bonuses by x1.5

That's how suddenly you earn 8k every match with ease.

[STW]
Members
696 posts
5,291 battles

I stack flags and camos.  It makes XP gains like what I'm posting below pretty common, so if you play well consistently, even at T9 it only takes a few dozen matches to get through a ship (which from experience ends up leaving you perpetually credit poor because your XP gain >>>> credit gain).  Not shown is the commander XP which ranges between 20k and 50k depending on match performance and which flags and camos you're using.

8nmQjxa.jpg

Edited by Deviathan

[KSC]
Members
1,047 posts
4,577 battles
1 hour ago, MrShermanTanker said:

Lot of ways to go about this question.  

You gain XP for doing certain tasks in game.  Capping points, defending points, spotting and shooting down aircraft all give a certain amount of XP per action.  These are nice little boosts, but will not normally make up how much you get per game.  

Every ship has a set amount of XP they give for killing it.  You get a portion of this XP for doing damage to that ship.  If you do half of the damage to a ship, you get half of the XP.  This means that doing 6k damage to a DD will net you far more XP than doing 6k to a BB.  You do not get any additional XP if you are the person who actually gets credit for the kill.  You also get a 1.5x XP and credit modifier for a win, so winning is very important.

Of course, the usual things like flags, camos and premium time will also boost your XP income, but from an average T6 game, you should get roughly 1000-1200 XP.  

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,850 posts
4,861 battles

Play better...get premium time...keep what bonus paint/flags you have to stack with weekend bonuses.

Deal a lot of damage...and participate in cap where possible.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,873 posts
13,715 battles

premium time, premium camo and flags are three like mentioned.   first win bonus and of course playing well helps.  even free account can earn 4-5k with camo/flag.  

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,896 posts
15,574 battles
3 hours ago, MrShermanTanker said:

Premium time, flags, and camo.  If you can consistently turn in 2000 XP, that's only 40 games to KGV.   At two games a day that's about three weeks.  Even at your 500 XP per game, you will get there in 160 games.  Two games a day, 80 days.  Three months.  Not two years.

Also, as you get to T7 or T8, credits can becomes an issue.  Don't just look at your XP rate.  Look at your credit rate.  You might get the XP to research it.  But will you have the credits to purchase it?

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
1,791 posts
8,662 battles

^^^^Yes, as you go up in tier, the XP income usually goes up, but the credit income can go down.  You can find yourself in a credit deficit where you have the XP to research a new ship but can't afford to purchase it and properly outfit it.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,744 posts
15,464 battles

Best way to increase XP gain is to take your time and learn to play the game well. Base XP is calculated based on how much you contribute to a win overall, through damage, capping, spotting, and so on. Everything else is a multiplier on that number, so if it's small to begin with, bonuses won't do much.

After that, the best investments IMO are: Premium Account, then camos and flags, then missions if you have any.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,944 posts
11,237 battles

If you were to give wg money for only one thing, it should be premium over everything else. Every ship will become something you can make money with and basically double the amount of xp every game.