You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Favorite Premium ship?

55 comments in this topic

Members
390 posts
7,683 battles

I just bought the Alabama a few days ago and I like it a lot. Getting better with each passing day it's a very well balanced ship and the AA and torp protection is OP. I also bought a tirpitz yesterday but my captain only has 9 skill pts and am having a hard time with it atm. Any advice for a tirpitz noob? Since I plan on going down the Germany BB line I wanted to get one to get used to the play style and as a captain trainer.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,207 posts
10,786 battles

My fav is the scharnhorst. Even though it is listed as a BB you should play it like an armored cruiser. It is also a good cruiser commander trainer or BB commander. As for the Tirpitz, it is a brawler with inaccurate guns. The armor is good so don't be in the back trying to snipe.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts

Rudder shift. Get close. If you want to have the most fun build for secondaries and ctrl-click things. Press H to know your ranges. Your torps are good but not something you should go out of your way to try to use. All German BBs are shot gun brawlers and largely suck from range which hurts them greatly in the current camp-at-max-range-behind-an-island-OMG-IS-THAT-*MY*-SHADOW!?!?!!! meta.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,712 posts
7,704 battles

Scharnhorst. Whenever I sail her, fun things happen.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
8,476 battles

My fav premium will always be Tirpitz. With the buff she had too her secondaries, just made her more awesome. Tirpitz is a brawler and should be played 
in an aggressive posture. I have always said " Tirpitz is the best heavy cruiser in WOWS " :Smile_medal: Bottom tiered take a step back and support your top tiered
ships. As with all things in life, common sense and tactical judgement are needed at all times .  Good AA and secondaries. You may want to enhance main 
guns accuracy, with the available mod. Otherwise just deck it out for secondaries.  

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,563 posts
4,235 battles

My current favourite is the Enterprise. It has a balanced loadout and it can often break 100k damage per battle with torpedo and AP dive bombers.

Next up is the Alabama for its AA and firepower, followed by the Scharnhorst for its comfort and flexibility.

[SPTR]
Members
26,753 posts
13,493 battles

Dunkerque for me I don't know about this ship but it clicks for me maybe its the bow fighting ability combine with its mobility. /^.\\

Aigle is up there somewhere too a powerful DD with near CL strength its guns and torpedoes are a mix of extremes.

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,822 battles

I used to hate Tirpitz until I stopped being a secondary mong and started playing it like a real BB.  You want to tickle enemies to death and throw your ship away to do it, go with secondaries.  You want to win, use only AFT and make all your other skill points into proper Battleship perks like concealment and firefighting.  Use the aiming module instead of the secondary module.  At mid range, you will hit so much more.

• Funny 1

[4HIM]
Members
2,462 posts
7,904 battles

Probably the Shiny Horse.  It's pretty flexible.  If top tier, play like a BB and bully.  If bottom tier, play like a heavy cruiser.  

I do have a lot more games in the Graf Spee though.  But a lot of that was learning its play style.  It's kind of the antithesis of the Shiny Horse.  It's anything but flexible.  You have to play it a certain way to make it work.  

If the Italians had a tech tree I'd say the Gucci Caesar.  Fun bote to play.  But no tech tree to train captains for (yet).  

Members
100 posts
352 battles

I do not have many perms;

Dunkerque

De Grasse

Aigle

(the tier four iJN cruiser for dabloons forget name) 

and the Aigle and Dunk are my top two favorites currently.

[CUTER]
Members
817 posts
22,364 battles

Scharnhorst.  Its just so much fun.

1 hour ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I also bought a tirpitz yesterday but my captain only has 9 skill pts and am having a hard time with it atm. Any advice for a tirpitz noob? Since I plan on going down the Germany BB line I wanted to get one to get used to the play style and as a captain trainer.

Sir,

For captain skills on my tirpitz I went against the grain of turning it into a Bismarck and went for a survivability build.  Fire Prevention, Basics of Survivability and did not focus much on AA/secondaries.  With the t10 mm you will see in combination with the HE spam of high tier to include ships like Conq, I found it necessary.  I opted against AA protection because lets face it. If a CV has AP dive bombers shooting one more down before going back to port is rather trivial...you are going to be deleted either way.  Still managed a 70% wr with the ship.

Edited by Slick_Komodo

[SF-A]
Members
3,094 posts
6,710 battles

Nelson hands down. The HE is awesome because it's got a huge blast radius, great damage, and good pen. AP is the same, and since everyone expects you to spam HE, they show broadside all the time. On the other time, kiting can be 'discouraged' with a healthy slap of HE to get their engines. Shell grouping is cruiser-like and the heal makes you almost invincible if used well.

Edited by pewpewpew42

Members
199 posts
1,903 battles

Atago, gotta love the heal at tier 8 on a cruiser.  Nearly every game I get dreadnought.  Plus the forward firing torps.  Only downside is the massive cit.

[WOLFG]
Members
30 posts
2,768 battles

Texas.  If I need a win, it is my go to.  After getting smeared in high tiers, it is relaxing to sail a slow, plodding battleship that enjoys visiting opponents' citadels.

[GLF]
Beta Testers
635 posts
12,306 battles
1 hour ago, Verios44 said:

(the tier four iJN cruiser for dabloons forget name) 

Yubari?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles

In Order - HSF Graf Spee, De Grasse, and Alabama are tied for 2nd place.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

That’s a hard question. I like Scharn because she’s easy and fun to play, but I like Alabama for centimintal reasons. It may be just luck, but Alabama’s armor seems to bounce a lot of shots when properly angled.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
7,484 posts

So far, Tirpitz

With all the German captains I have, it's not even been a thing to train a new captain for the ship.  Have found that it works great with my standard combo of PM, EM, BoS, BFT, AFT.