Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
major_rage

Cossack World of Warships Test Boat

17 comments in this topic

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

OK - good to see how passively the Cossack can play, I guess - 14 minutes in - no caps, 2600 dmg.

I mostly try to keep my postings positive - but if I might make a couple suggestions, perhaps you might consider using a vanilla client to record WIP matches, and perhaps choose a match that showcases at least one aspect or strength of the ship being tested?

Maybe you had your reasons - I know there are testing parameters that need be adhered to - but frankly, I found this match difficult to watch.

However - all that said - I think this will be a strong DD when played to her strengths - and I'm looking forward to her.

Thank you for giving us a look.

Members
326 posts
328 battles

When getting the Gallant I struggled a lot to get results with it, it is really an small, agile jap torp DD

I understand Cossack will be similar but better gunboat.

Waiting for adjustments to make it playable.

[CVA16]
Members
2,293 posts
9,867 battles
6 hours ago, Patosentado said:

I understand Cossack will be similar but better gunboat.

Standard. Except for Akizuki, every DD is a better gunboat than the same tier IJN. Often better gunboats than the IJN DDs two tiers higher. Even if the ship has near equivalent torp abilities.

[ARC]
Members
482 posts
7,167 battles
On ‎2‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, Sabot_100 said:

Standard. Except for Akizuki, every DD is a better gunboat than the same tier IJN. Often better gunboats than the IJN DDs two tiers higher. Even if the ship has near equivalent torp abilities.

Except tier 9. Yugumo packs a punch in her guns, and have the fastest reload of all the IJN line (aprox. 5 sec with BFT). That is only 1 sec slower than the russians, and will wreck ships like Mahan and Benson if they are not careful.

Akizuki is an outlier, that thing is the true meaning of "machine gun" in the game. Melted a Shimakaze from 20k to 4k in less than 30 sec and can fight head on with Gearing in a DPM rush..

[CVA16]
Members
2,293 posts
9,867 battles
On 3/3/2018 at 12:35 PM, hanesco said:

Except tier 9. Yugumo packs a punch in her guns, and have the fastest reload of all the IJN line (aprox. 5 sec with BFT). That is only 1 sec slower than the russians, and will wreck ships like Mahan and Benson if they are not careful.

What tier are Mahan and Benson again? I would hope at some point, even your typical IJN DD can outgun a US DD a tier or 2 lower (Mutsuki may have to go 2 or 3 tiers lower. Clemson will murder it). Also not a fair comparison to add captain skills/flags to one and not the other. Have to compare apples to apples. The Benson/Mahan are more likely to be gun specced than a Yugumo. IJN typically has a gun arc advantage over their US counterparts so at ideal ranges and IF they don't have to wiggle to much, they can win a gunfight. Fights rarely take place in a vacuum so not wiggling while shooting  typically has a highly detrimental effect on your longevity. Even if you are winning the one-on-one. Wiggling sends your ROF into the toilet.

[ARC]
Members
482 posts
7,167 battles
12 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

What tier are Mahan and Benson again? I would hope at some point, even your typical IJN DD can outgun a US DD a tier or 2 lower (Mutsuki may have to go 2 or 3 tiers lower. Clemson will murder it). Also not a fair comparison to add captain skills/flags to one and not the other. Have to compare apples to apples. The Benson/Mahan are more likely to be gun specced than a Yugumo. IJN typically has a gun arc advantage over their US counterparts so at ideal ranges and IF they don't have to wiggle to much, they can win a gunfight. Fights rarely take place in a vacuum so not wiggling while shooting  typically has a highly detrimental effect on your longevity. Even if you are winning the one-on-one. Wiggling sends your ROF into the toilet.

I was talking about that because of the HP difference (and IJN guns always feels like they are 1 tier under their weight). Not all IJN ships are that good as Yugumo, they has 7-8 sec reload (even worse than a Nurnberg). And the difference offered by BFT is totally insignificant in ships with gun reloads at 3 sec or less. Only saying that even if a Farragut can totally outfight a Akatsuki or Shiratsuyu, and even a Kagero, it doesn't mean it will always go like this with Yugumo, that has the best reload of the 5-inch japanese DDs. the only reason Fletcher will not suffer against Yugumo is because of their similar HP (USA DDs almost always have the lowest HP tin cans at midtiers).

The problema is that almost always THE USN VESSEL IS FASTER. So they are the ones deciding the range of the fight. I only wrote that because Yugumo is almost always underestimated, and her reload is almost on par with Kiev/Tashkent, so USN DDs should be very cautious.

Members
70 posts
14 battles
On 3/2/2018 at 5:19 AM, ddoubletapp1 said:

OK - good to see how passively the Cossack can play, I guess - 14 minutes in - no caps, 2600 dmg.

I mostly try to keep my postings positive - but if I might make a couple suggestions, perhaps you might consider using a vanilla client to record WIP matches, and perhaps choose a match that showcases at least one aspect or strength of the ship being tested?

Maybe you had your reasons - I know there are testing parameters that need be adhered to - but frankly, I found this match difficult to watch.

However - all that said - I think this will be a strong DD when played to her strengths - and I'm looking forward to her.

Thank you for giving us a look.

thanks for the positive look on the video m8

as for the mods i run, in game its only the rainbow reticle (coz my last names rainbow and it makes me smile) and the AA guns (and its only to put some colour into the game) yes i have a few more mods for in port but thats just my liking.

this was literaly my first match in the boat when it was given to me, i had to learn. i tryed showing off the passive spotting that the boat can do. then it fell apart n i just tryed to live

im not the best player out there (never said i was and ment it lol) but if a bad player can do well in it imagin what u can do with it :)

yes there is testing stuff i have to do and i tryed doing some of it in video but learning the ship and talking enough to keep u guys from falling asleep was my main consern

(i dunno if u make live recorded videos, but its hard to play and talk and make sence all at the same time. by all means try it)

Stay tuned i get to fail in more WiP boats, so sit back and try not to laugh to hard at me failing lol

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,848 battles

Thanks for the video. I have watched this ship with interest, and would love to see it in the game sooner rather than later.

Something to team up with my Gallant!

• Cool 2

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
316 posts
9,453 battles

looking forward to this one as well

[WOLF6]
Members
1,874 posts
4,935 battles

Looks like a GM with hydro. Very cool.

i understand the limitations about talking about a WIP ship, because things may change. That said, the CCs get around this by announcing early and often that the ship is in work, and numbers aren’t final. Gun caliber, reload times, ranges, etc., would have been interesting to hear, as they are a starting point. If things change a lot, update the review.

thank you! 

[ICOP]
Members
942 posts
3,420 battles

From what I have heard and seen, it is similar to or slightly worse than the Gadjah Mada.

Members
3,791 posts
14,076 battles

I saw a Cossack in the wild yesterday, 3 July, on the Red team. So she's being tested as Cossack.

• Cool 1

[AFW-]
Members
8 posts
3,640 battles

Why are the 120mm 4x2 guns not listed for AA. The Royal Navy equipped the Tribal class with a comparatively heavy anti-aircraft armament; all eight 4.7in guns could engage aircraft with predicted fire using the FKC computer, but the value of this was reduced by the 40-degree elevation limit of the 4.7.

Sign in to follow this