You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Blitz_KraigL

Is It Too Late to Start Aigle Marathon Event?

15 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
4,030 battles

I was too busy in February to play, so just starting  the Aigle Marathon missions now. 

However since the missions are only rolled out one per day, it looks like it will be a waste of my time.  Since you need to complete 18 of 26 missions to complete the event and I have already missed 10 missions, it looks like I cannot participate even if I want to now. 

Even though there is a month left in the Event AND If I complete every mission remaining, I will still come up short.  Is that True?

Would like to participate in the event, but I don't want to if I have already lost.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,138 posts
21,301 battles

If the prior missions are not in your queue then you probably are too far behind. What I would do in your situation is to keep up with the missions anyways for the prizes but also in the forlorn hope they offer a "second chance" for those who started late. I doubt they will do that but you never know.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,156 posts
11,135 battles

If you haven't done anything up to today, you are most likely out of luck. You need 18 of 26 missions and as of the current set of missions, you've missed 10.

Beta Testers
562 posts
3,496 battles

You need 18 out of 26. They are/were easy missions (for the most part) unlike previous free ship missions. I think they are going more for consistency rather than grinding this time. So, I wouldn't hold my breath about any "second chance" things happening. Then again, I don't work for Wargaming so what do I know? :fish_aqua:

Members
155 posts
3,106 battles

You can easily go to the news section where they explain all the missions and count them.... or is that too hard for you that you need baby fed everything in life??? 

Beta Testers
430 posts
1,229 battles

I think this weekend was the cut off date sorry bud I would still do some of them since the side rewards are quite nice.

[ARGSY]
Members
12,927 posts
8,245 battles

Yeah, sorry, you're out of luck for getting the ship but you can still play missions for heaps of flags and camo.

The whole lot of missions was posted up before the thing started; it wasn't hard to find out the dates and the mission requirements.

I'm missing out too because I'm travelling (including missing some really easy stages IIRC) and the travel was both work-related and booked long before these missions were announced. But I knew ahead of time that I wasn't getting her and would have to settle for stage rewards. Still, I have Bretagne and Normandie as consolation prizes from the first stage of the container event, so there's that.

DO YOUR RESEARCH.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,742 posts
15,454 battles

You're too late to earn the Aigle for free. However, if you're interested and able to put up the cash, the Aigle bundle on the store is relatively efficient: $40 includes $20 of doubloons, a 10-point commander, and around $7 worth of flags, in addition to the ship and port slot. You've missed out on most of the free containers that were available for daily Aigle missions, but there are a few days of that left too.

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
9 hours ago, Blitz_KraigL said:

I was too busy in February to play, so just starting  the Aigle Marathon missions now. 

However since the missions are only rolled out one per day, it looks like it will be a waste of my time.  Since you need to complete 18 of 26 missions to complete the event and I have already missed 10 missions, it looks like I cannot participate even if I want to now. 

Even though there is a month left in the Event AND If I complete every mission remaining, I will still come up short.  Is that True?

Would like to participate in the event, but I don't want to if I have already lost.

Honestly you are pointing out the one thing I absolutely hate about these missions and that is that they are all gated by specific "unlock dates" that require you to play during very specific time frames in order to complete the mission. 

The DoY missions for me was a prime example.  I actually had to postpone my vacation to the first week of Jan. and coincidentally the DoY missions were going on which should have given me plenty of time to complete the missions except, I kept finding my progress stalled because I had to wait to the next series of missions unlocked.  End result was that my vacation was over by the time the last and hardest series of missions was available and with work and the overtime I  had to do to make up for lost time over the vacation I didn't really have any time to play. 

Now fast forward to the Aigle missions.  I still work so there are days where I only have like an hour to play at most and some days I can't play at all.  However, we have a "Daily" mission that has to be knocked out and I have already missed completing 3 of the events.  Luckily there are 15 events left and I only need 10 to complete it but honestly based on how my job works at times, it is not a forgone conclusion that I will be able to complete 10 out of those 15 events.

Also speaking of there being only 15 events left, that should answer your question.   You need to complete 18 events to win the ship so if you are starting today, NOPE, your not going to be able to qualify unless they extend the mission or something.

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
13 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Honestly you are pointing out the one thing I absolutely hate about these missions and that is that they are all gated by specific "unlock dates" that require you to play during very specific time frames in order to complete the mission. 

The DoY missions for me was a prime example.  I actually had to postpone my vacation to the first week of Jan. and coincidentally the DoY missions were going on which should have given me plenty of time to complete the missions except, I kept finding my progress stalled because I had to wait to the next series of missions unlocked.  End result was that my vacation was over by the time the last and hardest series of missions was available and with work and the overtime I  had to do to make up for lost time over the vacation I didn't really have any time to play. 

Now fast forward to the Aigle missions.  I still work so there are days where I only have like an hour to play at most and some days I can't play at all.  However, we have a "Daily" mission that has to be knocked out and I have already missed completing 3 of the events.  Luckily there are 15 events left and I only need 10 to complete it but honestly based on how my job works at times, it is not a forgone conclusion that I will be able to complete 10 out of those 15 events.

Also speaking of there being only 15 events left, that should answer your question.   You need to complete 18 events to win the ship so if you are starting today, NOPE, your not going to be able to qualify unless they extend the mission or something.

I feel you. I had just enough time to log on for one battle last night. I got a miracle result of getting a kill, win, and surviving in that one battle to satisfy the mission. 

[TDG]
Members
1,660 posts
8,568 battles

As many others have said, it is likely too late to get Aigle.  However, the tasks themselves have rewards.

I understand the frustration with not being able to finish a mission set.  I was traveling during the Aft-Vent series which were patterned the same way.

I think WG is trying different types of challenges to encourage different patterns of play.  Some mission series have had that one task that is next to impossible for some players.  I am hoping that variety makes it possible for different players to be able to achieve some of these awards.  Not everyone is going to be able to get everything.

Alpha Tester
3,483 posts
1,556 battles
3 hours ago, BullpupWOT said:

I feel you. I had just enough time to log on for one battle last night. I got a miracle result of getting a kill, win, and surviving in that one battle to satisfy the mission. 

Pretty much the same for me.  I figure I had about 45 minutes total that I could devote to playing last night if I really pushed it so felt totally relieved when I have an exceptional battle on the first go.  I missed out on the one over the weekend that required the flooding because I suck at DDs and CVs and just could manage to score any torp hits in the 5-6 battles I had time to play before my session was unexpectedly ended due to RL stuff coming up.   

[SEOP]
Members
1,522 posts
8,233 battles
14 hours ago, Blitz_KraigL said:

As above -- I think its too late.  But you can always pick it up from the premium shop.  I think the lowest offered price is a bit over 20-bucks.

The ship has had mixed reviews from the various Community Contributors.  Some love it -- some hate it.  I imagine its utility and play-ability is therefore going to be one of personal taste.  Does the ship fit your play style or not.  I guess what I'm saying is that its probably not the best T6 DD since sliced bread so it shouldn't be a huge loss if you don't get one.     

[BS]
Members
1,644 posts
8,491 battles

Aigle is fun, worth 20 bucks. It feels like a combo of all the nations. Kinda feels like the Gallant's guns but at a higher caliber, russian speed/concealment (6.8 w/CE), american gun arcs (but not quite as bad), and Japanese torpedo alpha power.

Edited by HorrorRoach