You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Komrade_Rylo

Normandie is too strong

33 comments in this topic

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,892 posts
10,457 battles

Okay so normally i screw around with my posts, but this one is serious, sorta, maybe, not really. Normandie is far to powerful atm. You have similar gun size to New mex, fusou, arizona, and duk and have as many guns as the first 3, yet you have the same accuracy as arizona, but better reload, better turret layout, better penetration, you're far faster, you have better aa(still not much), better armor, and compared to dunk, you can get 8 guns forward while still being at an autobounce angle. Ik everything thinks lyon is amazing but i think tier for tier normandie is the meanest ship in the line, and completely outclasses every other t6 bb. But eh, who cares, all bbs need to be nerfed anyways.

I'm just gonna leave this here as well. 

shot-18_02.26_23_47.42-0847.thumb.jpg.02ec852ac2c2d039a3a441a34e6b737f.jpg

replay is here if anyone wants to watch it, it was a really hard carry- https://replayswows.com/replay/18059#stats

t6.thumb.png.e44b5d562aec018053cd6aeb635750fd.png

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
2 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

Okay so normally i screw around with my posts, but this one is serious, sorta, maybe, not really. Normandie is far to powerful atm. You have similar gun size to New mex, fusou, arizona, and duk and have as many guns as the first 3, yet you have the same accuracy as arizona, but better reload, better turret layout, better penetration, you're far faster, you have better aa(still not much), better armor, and compared to dunk, you can get 8 guns forward while still being at an autobounce angle. Ik everything thinks lyon is amazing but i think tier for tier normandie is the meanest ship in the line, and completely outclasses every other t6 bb. But eh, who cares, all bbs need to be nerfed anyways.

I'm just gonna leave this here as well. 

shot-18_02.26_23_47.42-0847.thumb.jpg.02ec852ac2c2d039a3a441a34e6b737f.jpg

replay is here if anyone wants to watch it, it was a really hard carry- https://replayswows.com/replay/18059#stats

t6.thumb.png.e44b5d562aec018053cd6aeb635750fd.png

Better AA?  There's no way in a thousand years that a Normandie could do this to a Saipan.

4dzVEC3.jpg

[OPG]
2,892 posts
10,457 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

VwaxaNs.jpg

I was kinda serious, but no one would believe me anyways.

4 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Better AA?  There's no way in a thousand years that a Normandie could do this to a Saipan.

4dzVEC3.jpg

Better aa than Arizona, never mentioned dunks aa

Beta Testers
341 posts
2,096 battles

It could just be that you're a very good player and the enemy team was average at best with only 1 person with 1k base XP. Just looking at the scores the Top 4 on your team did miles better than the top 4 on the enemy team with you in particular being a unicum level player.

To early to call a ship OP when the only people who have it are ST's, or people who got lucky on container rng / spent lots of money on containers. Way to small of a sample size.

Edited by Phaere

[REVY]
Members
6,104 posts
5,104 battles
5 minutes ago, Phaere said:

It could just be that you're a very good player and the enemy team was average at best with only 1 person with 1k base XP. Just looking at the scores the Top 4 on your team did miles better than the top 4 on the enemy team with you in particular being a unicum level player.

To early to call a ship OP when the only people who have it are ST's, or people who got lucky on container rng / spent lots of money on containers. Way to small of a sample size.

14 Battles with a 92.86% winrate?  Nah, can't be biased and premature.

[OPG]
2,892 posts
10,457 battles
3 minutes ago, Sventex said:

not at all

[INTEL]
Members
8,579 posts
25,677 battles

Excellent troll post. Me like. 

Normandie  also me like. 

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles

Well, going off of your stats all of the Tier 6 battleships look fairly strong. Well, aside from NM... but she's the worst at T6 in regards to WR anyways. :cap_hmm:

vdv1L2Y.png

Normandie is certainly powerful, but she's definitely not overpowered. She falls in line with the statistics of other T6 BB's, although these numbers do present her as the current strongest T6 BB that isn't a premium. However, she has weaknesses that can be exploited, and it's not like she has an un-hittable citadel or some nonsense like that. Just let time go on and wait to see her stats in a few weeks. I have a feeling those stats will change, and not for the better when that happens. :cap_like:

[WOLFB]
Members
1,723 posts
8,242 battles

I don't find her OP or whatsoever. Her accuracy is good but sometime you have these shotgun dispersion, her armor is ok I guess though HE spam can be annoying. What really make her good is her speed : 29.5kts.  At T6 I think only Bayern can barely match you.

I hope WG will not change the ship and leave it as it is. 

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

Built in with secret Alliance Military tech. But its cool to hear the new french line is doing well. Will just have to wait and see how things turn out when everyone can get their hands on it. 

Also I miss the days when I had a 70% WR with Dunkerque. :Smile_sad:

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,863 posts
6,855 battles
5 hours ago, Sventex said:

Statistically you need a minimum of 30 data points to get a valid solution... So, yeah it kinda is premature :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by Shadeylark

[BNKR]
Members
710 posts
713 battles
1 hour ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

I have this.  Do I get to keep it?

Yes you do. And all the XP you've earned on it as well.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I stole a kill off of your GC last night, sorry. 

this thread is tempting me to try mine (Normandie), but watching you BB in game makes me realize it's you as much as the ship

Edited by BullpupWOT

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,585 battles

Normandie is definitely a strong ship, people like to say its a mehbote, but that's because of MM I think. I am having huge success myself in my Normandie, but the accuracy isn't Arizona good at all :/ then you have to consider that to fire the same broadside as an Arizona you have to show as much side as a Fuso, or maybe even more so... basicly you gotta go full broadside. Also Arizona and Fuso have like 57k HP, and Normandie has 44k. So it's definitely a good ship, but there's no way you can reasonably say it is OP... in fact I would say it's one of the most balanced and non-gimmicky ships to have been released in a bit, sounds like you are trolling although you claim not to be. :Smile_popcorn:

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
379 posts
18,302 battles

Just had one show up in my port this morning. Not sure how I got it. 

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
5 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

Magic!

you probably didn't even notice that you got the earn mission and then made the 15k Xp to receive it. 

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,585 battles
8 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

like bullpup says, you most like just didn't notice you got the mission, and the mission completes itself... 

Also what ship is that on your profile thumbnail?

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,359 battles

it's good to know I get to keep it.  I also got Commander Jean Horneé so I'm fully ready to go down the French BB line here when it is released.  When is it released?  DailyBounce tells me nothing and the front page isn't clear either, although there is an update video.

Alpha Tester
3,477 posts
1,521 battles
14 minutes ago, The_Grand_One said:

Normandie is definitely a strong ship, people like to say its a mehbote, but that's because of MM I think. I am having huge success myself in my Normandie, but the accuracy isn't Arizona good at all :/ then you have to consider that to fire the same broadside as an Arizona you have to show as much side as a Fuso, or maybe even more so... basicly you gotta go full broadside. Also Arizona and Fuso have like 57k HP, and Normandie has 44k. So it's definitely a good ship, but there's no way you can reasonably say it is OP... in fact I would say it's one of the most balanced and non-gimmicky ships to have been released in a bit, sounds like you are trolling although you claim not to be. :Smile_popcorn:

They say Mehbote because of her penetration or should I say lack of penetration.  Historical penetration on the guns used by this ship is about the same as your typical 8 inch gun used by the USN or KM.  However this lack of penetration makes her extremely effective at killing cruisers and you can do good, consistent damage to BBs as long as you are aiming for superstructure.   She is also Mehbote in the fact she has to open her broadside almost fully to get all guns to bear.  Luckily she doesn't eat too many citadels so you can kind of sorta get away with this.   What she is good at is mobility.  She is fast and feels very cruiser-like in my opinion though you have to be careful not to over-extend.  

Overall I think the Normandie as a package is a bit above average but there is no way in hell that she is OP.

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,585 battles
5 minutes ago, Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD said:

it's good to know I get to keep it.  I also got Commander Jean Horneé so I'm fully ready to go down the French BB line here when it is released.  When is it released?  DailyBounce tells me nothing and the front page isn't clear either, although there is an update video.

They said the French BB line would be released with update 7.2.0 , and there was just a PSA post saying update 7.2.0 comes out tomorrow, so I'm thinking it's tomorrow.

• Cool 1

Members
1,019 posts
13,047 battles

While it doesn't come any where near being OP it is a well balanced ship for it's tier. It's easy to play and it does have a hard punch. I wasn't in the market for another T6 BB but after only 10 games or so I'm thinking about keeping her. If this is a foretelling of what the French BB higher tiers are like it's going to be fun grinding the line.