You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

Sorry, can't carry anymore, too much herpaderp

27 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
15,355 posts
12,506 battles

Is it just me, or the DD player quality severely bad recently?

• Boring 1

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
809 posts
8,213 battles
13 minutes ago, Plaatduutsch said:

No matter how bad the friendly DD is. It CANNOT BE WORSE THAN A BAD FRIENDLY CV.

^THIS x 1000!

It's SO frustrating to see your CV has 350 battles and a 36% win rate. It's especially frustrating when the red CV has about the same number of battles and a 68% win rate...

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
335 posts
13,437 battles
35 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Sorry, just finished the Conq grind and have switched to German and PA DD's.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,874 posts
13,728 battles

i have  basically stopped playing high tier BB because DDs and CAs are so bad.  I only play DD and CA at high tier  lol.   mid tier is total crapshoot, but not as bad.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
8,013 posts
9,106 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

So we went from Bad DD's to Bad CV's in less than 3 posts. marvelous

because the myth of the bad cv vs good cv, covers for all those potatoes who dream of being carried, and when they lose, can conveniently blame their noob cv. This myth is the ultimate absolution of responsibility, "all is forgiven son, that bad cv was to blame anyway.."

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

because the myth of the bad cv vs good cv, covers for all those potatoes who dream of being carried, and when they lose, can conveniently blame their noob cv. This myth is the ultimate absolutioon of responsibility, "all is forgiven son, that bad cv was to blame anyway.."

This is the BEST explanation of this phenomenon . Well Done.

Members
724 posts
4,034 battles
3 minutes ago, centarina said:

i have  basically stopped playing high tier BB because DDs and CAs are so bad.  I only play DD and CA at high tier  lol.   mid tier is total crapshoot, but not as bad.

Well Cruisers can be countered by BB so that's not as bad. As a DD I have to say I rarely get support fire though HOWEVER that's no excuse for DDs to rush off and get themselves dead in the first 3 minutes as so many seem to.

[SYN]
Members
15,355 posts
12,506 battles
4 minutes ago, ksix said:

Well Cruisers can be countered by BB so that's not as bad. As a DD I have to say I rarely get support fire though HOWEVER that's no excuse for DDs to rush off and get themselves dead in the first 3 minutes as so many seem to.

It's basically that, or the DD camps behind the cruisers.

The cruisers are already in a defensive position behind islands, so there's no falling back from there either.

[Y0L0]
Members
9,874 posts
13,728 battles

I  can take  my  hindy  or  roon and   pretty much fear  no BBs at9/10  as well as wreck  DDs.            I also like CM a lot.  

as far as DD, I've grinded  z46, chungmu and fletcher  in last 3 month and did well with them. 

my  BB  WR is worst of my 3 type   over last 90 days.      mostly solo (solo stat is about same)

kmca.png

Edited by centarina

[DPG]
Members
1,531 posts
6,611 battles

It's the french progression torp mission that's causing what you believe you're experiencing.  The easiest way to get ship torp hits is with a DD so people that never play DDs are out in droves trying to get those 25.  

[Y0L0]
Members
9,874 posts
13,728 battles
Just now, Amenhir said:

It's the french progression torp mission that's causing what you believe you're experiencing.  The easiest way to get ship torp hits is with a DD so people that never play DDs are out in droves trying to get those 25.  

this is true for t5.  not for t9/10.     I do think mid tier DD play is pretty awful  it can be a mess.     

[SYN]
Members
15,355 posts
12,506 battles

people are still doing the torp part? jesus christ

You'd figure they would work for the wins and get the torps in while they are at it.

[DPG]
Members
1,531 posts
6,611 battles
Just now, MrDeaf said:

You'd figure they would work for the wins and get the torps in while they are at it.

The other half of the torp mission was land 1000 main battery hits.  If they haven't completed the torps yet, they wouldn't be going for the wins.

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

Bad CV usually means a loss.

The majority of the time I'm not in a DD, I wish I was. Of course, I pull great enemy CVs when I do.

5 battles so far tonight with 2 wins and 3 losses. One win I had to carry, the other I had to play shadow games with 2 DDs and contest a cap.

If course, all this happens when you have a mission where you only need 5 wins to complete it..

Edited by Wulfgarn

[TBW]
Members
8,028 posts
14,645 battles
9 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

That's the trouble with the missions they for crappy play.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[RLGN]
Members
11,258 posts
20,271 battles
57 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

because the myth of the bad cv vs good cv, covers for all those potatoes who dream of being carried, and when they lose, can conveniently blame their noob cv. This myth is the ultimate absolutioon of responsibility, "all is forgiven son, that bad cv was to blame anyway.."

Said players conveniently ignoring their own bad vs the 'so called' good CV...

Don't focus AA; don't use Defensive Fire if they have it; don't use Float Fighters if they have them; don't stay with allies to maximize AA; don't WASD...

I've seen too many carrier attacks spoiled by the most basic defensive measure of all; WASD; to have any sympathy for anyone who complains about 'we lost because our CV was bad.'

1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

As far as the OP's comment is concerned; Can't really say I can complain about destroyer gameplay recently; my biggest complaint is about nobody shooting at Red Destroyers whenever they're spotted.

Members
419 posts
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

my biggest complaint is about nobody shooting at Red Destroyers whenever they're spotted.

Mine too, especially at high tier. Makes playing BBs aggravating. No wonder they hang back, the red DDs are usually ignored. On the flip side, playing DD at high tier is comparatively effortless, no worries about enemy CAs or BBs. The only fly in the ointment is a competent CV or another DD. Truly "happy times" for DD play.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
112 posts
10,243 battles

Sorry MrDeaf, I've been trying to git gud in my Grozovoi and Z-52 while grinding the PA DDs...

I'll go back to licking paint off windows in my BBs if that helps. (Yamato has the best flavor)

In all seriousness, the game has been pretty stale recently. There's a lot of stuff coming, but this interim period has been the pits of the Doldrums for quality play.

[USCC2]
Members
4,781 posts

There are good and bad players with every ship type, the player base averages out the ship types, then the game mechanics do the rest. If the game was properly balanced every ship type would be represented equally throughout the tiers at all levels. I believe this has always been WGs  mantra.

Now take a look at the survival stats First page and then Last page for tiers V-VIII. What ship type fills those pages? Now take a look at the damage stats First page and Last page from Tiers V-X, what ship type is at the bottom? Now take away any ship that has been removed due to being OP (OP lol) - there you have it; the worst damage across the tiers and the worst chance of survival at many tiers on average.

The decisions made in game merely reflect the cries of the player base and what WG believe will make them money; I believe the saying 'Reap what you sow!' comes to mind. I guess you could say DD players are just all terrible, if that makes you feel better. :Smile_Default:

[FACT]
[FACT]
Members
598 posts
8,688 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

This is the BEST explanation of this phenomenon . Well Done.

Seconded x10/10.

[POP]
Members
965 posts
11,812 battles
7 hours ago, nuttybiscuit said:

because the myth of the bad cv vs good cv, covers for all those potatoes who dream of being carried, and when they lose, can conveniently blame their noob cv. This myth is the ultimate absolution of responsibility, "all is forgiven son, that bad cv was to blame anyway.."

Awesome.

7 hours ago, Amenhir said:

This has to be the explanation.  Players who are strong BB mains playing DD's with that same style of play.