Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
waterman165

HOW do you play the Missouri/Iowa

11 comments in this topic

[-OF-]
Members
61 posts
3,465 battles

I recently got the Missouri, and it's been great,  good guns, good speed, good aa, good maneuverability, good armor (if angled), and VERY good looking. Problem is, I can't seem to bloody win in the damn thing. It's been defeat after friggin defeat and I would really like to see how much credit I earn on a Victory.  Now I can attest that i'm not the best BB player, I'm a cruiser main, and sometimes I find my self-playing like a cruiser sometimes,  over extend and find that I'm stuck in a situation i cant escape, that i could have in a cruiser. But I try to advance towards the enemy, bow tank and angle, present myself carefully to the enemy to make me an attractive target to soak damage from the cruisers but reduce the damage I take,  I don't take the long way around things or stay at the edges of the map sniping from afar. 

What else am I suppose to do?

[NDA]
Supertester
5,237 posts
15,716 battles

Maybe these will help. 

Look I wasn't a high tier Battleship player till I got my Mighty Mo. In fact I'm still not a Battleship player as I only play Premium BBs. So it took some time to learn how to handle this beast. But it can be learned just keep working at it. Don't get aggressive. Don't go full speed. Don't rush in to use your radar. Let the game give you chances to use that consumable. Play like a fragile cruiser if you have to. Hug islands. Support the DDs on cap. Use its great stealth ability to disengage and heal or relocate to ambush the enemy. But don't expect every game to shower you with mountains of Silver. If you don't run Premium time a good game can net you 350k to 430k silver. Add some flags or camo and she can push 600k. But those massive credit games people brag about are a combination of; Premium time, Camo, Flags and lots of damage to the right targets. 

If this doesn't help there is one more method we can use to improve your game play but the Dragon is sleeping right now and I dare not disturb it. 

• Cool 1

Members
353 posts
11,443 battles

i have the opposite problem. Cant seem to do damage with it to save my life, but I will take a 65% win rate. Seems just staying alive is quite helpful to the  team effort...

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

If you're playing a CACL style with it you might be able to get away with a similar playstyle. Just remember and learn went to "slow down and tank"

I also have adopted a Cruiser style to the ship thanks to its Radar Consumable, but I play Cruisers more aggressively than I should; and a BB playing that aggressively is potentially a game changer. Although when I fail at it, for whatever reason the CAs and DDs I'm pressed up and supporting rip into me. So double edge sword there. 

It's a matter of trying to find the balance between overly aggressive and passive. Best advice is keep on keeping on. You get your wins eventually; you'll also get more comfortable with the nuances and peculiarities of the ship. Everything takes time to master, especially ships outside your primary elements. 

Members
1,959 posts
10,409 battles

Hey

My first battle was a lousy 12K damage and a delete in a T10 game but still made credit which was amazing for a high tier ship.  Game #2 was awesome at 151-152K damage and tops on a winning team; made over 850K in credits, and major amount of XP, and capt. XP was very good also.  So far I like it, just need to learn what the ship likes and how to use it to my advantage.  My other T9 BB is the FDG; and the Mo. is so much better in ship handling, it's faster, better rudder shift, doesn't feel as sluggish, seems like it can take more damage, gun rotation is good, the shells are more consistent, great AA, and to an extent, you can dodge torps better.  I like it better than my FDG even though it has the 420's.  I only have 2 battles in it so my experience is very limited at this point.

Pete

[-OF-]
Members
61 posts
3,465 battles

I DONT FREAKING GET IT, NOTHING IS WORKING. I try playing a bit more aggressive and I get focused and dye at the beginning of the game, I play a bit more passively, and can't hit crap, I try to stay with my team and we lose 3 ships in the first 5 minutes. 5 OUT 6 shells, bounced of the side off a broadsided  montana, less the  8km away, then he blabs me through my bow for 12 k, I over pen every single cruiser I hit with AP, for a thousand or 2 of damage, then i get roughly the same amount with HE.  The only thing keeping me from mothballing the thing is the thing litterly [edited] money, It feels like I'm at work in this thing.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
47 minutes ago, waterman165 said:

I DONT FREAKING GET IT, NOTHING IS WORKING. I try playing a bit more aggressive and I get focused and dye at the beginning of the game, I play a bit more passively, and can't hit crap, I try to stay with my team and we lose 3 ships in the first 5 minutes. 5 OUT 6 shells, bounced of the side off a broadsided  montana, less the  8km away, then he blabs me through my bow for 12 k, I over pen every single cruiser I hit with AP, for a thousand or 2 of damage, then i get roughly the same amount with HE.  The only thing keeping me from mothballing the thing is the thing litterly [edited] money, It feels like I'm at work in this thing.

What is your CMDR's and ship build? Knowing what you are running will make it easier to get advice from others. 

[-OF-]
Members
61 posts
3,465 battles

priority target, expert marksman, basic fire training, Concealment

main armament mod 1, damage control mod1, AA mod 2, read gear mod 2, COncealment mod1, Artillery ploting room mod2

I suck at long range shooiting at 14km+, so i generally try to get as close as possible, with being so far forward that I  get focused, I try to go for cruisers first or any broadside targets,  I dont rush in for the sake of using radar, I try to aim for citidels but i almost never get any.  I try to bow tank other bbs, I pretty much have no idea how to deal with bow taking bbs, neither AP nor HE works for me.  I try to stay in a group.

Sign in to follow this