Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,787
Members
9,962 posts

Well, tried logging on this afternoon and the game will not start. Launcher comes up, but it fails to load anything.

Updated the GEForce drivers earlier today, just wondering if anyone else came across this?

Did a repair, but no help...

UPDATE*

Apparently the update forced WOWS back to DX 11, which hasn't worked for months in WOWS since a Win10 update.

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,060
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,892 posts
10,457 battles

I installed the drivers for my 1080 today and everything is working fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,548
[PSP]
Members
6,251 posts
8,888 battles

Revert back to the older driver and see if it helps. Driver updates are notorious for causing as many problems as they solve. Always read the information on the update. If it deals with a major bug or a stability issue then it's probably worth updating. However, if the update is just optimization for a game that you don't play then it's best to leave well enough alone. If you have a Windows Restore Point you can use it to revert your system to its original configuration. Unless you have specifically turned off this feature one should have been created when you updated the driver.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/windows-10/how-to-fix-windows-10-problems-with-system-restore-11364008291943

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[TURDS]
Members
579 posts
3,932 battles
37 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Revert back to the older driver and see if it helps. Driver updates are notorious for causing as many problems as they solve. Always read the information on the update. If it deals with a major bug or a stability issue then it's probably worth updating. However, if the update is just optimization for a game that you don't play then it's best to leave well enough alone. If you have a Windows Restore Point you can use it to revert your system to its original configuration. Unless you have specifically turned off this feature one should have been created when you updated the driver.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/windows-10/how-to-fix-windows-10-problems-with-system-restore-11364008291943

...causing as many problems as they solve. Ain't that the truth!

Rather than subject myself to a driver update debacle; I'm going to see if my card and drivers can limp along until I treat myself to a new graphics card altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,470 posts
6,170 battles
1 hour ago, Curly__san said:

I'm going to see if my card and drivers can limp along until I treat myself to a new graphics card altogether.

You are not going to like the prices you see and there is no relief in sight for the sky high prices on video cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[TURDS]
Members
579 posts
3,932 battles
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

You are not going to like the prices you see and there is no relief in sight for the sky high prices on video cards.

You are no doubt correct. I used to build higher end/gaming PC's as a hobby that turned into a side job. It got old trying to convince folks that you can't get high reliability and performance out of yesterday's middle grade parts. No one understood the concept of 3-edged technology. Trailing Edge, Leading Edge and Bleeding Edge. If you want to go fastest with the mostest, your wallet is gonna bleed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×