You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hobblegoat

rebalance xp

9 comments in this topic

[--O--]
Members
187 posts
18,171 battles

just out of a game, took two caps in my dd before charging into a shima wave and dying, the conq on our team spent entire game at back of map spamming he, he ended up with more xp.

i put it to you this is broke, surely the ship taking caps, dodging torps, radar, sonar and other dds should receive far greater reward than a bb sat at back of map risking nothing.

likewise cruisers who support dds at caps whom are worse off than even capping dd's they just do not seem to get a fair reward in comparison to battleships sat way back.

so i ask, does the xp system need reworked and if so how would you go about it.

• Bad 1

[WDS]
Members
380 posts
7,022 battles
19 minutes ago, hobblegoat said:

just out of a game, took two caps in my dd before charging into a shima wave and dying, the conq on our team spent entire game at back of map spamming he, he ended up with more xp.

i put it to you this is broke, surely the ship taking caps, dodging torps, radar, sonar and other dds should receive far greater reward than a bb sat at back of map risking nothing.

likewise cruisers who support dds at caps whom are worse off than even capping dd's they just do not seem to get a fair reward in comparison to battleships sat way back.

so i ask, does the xp system need reworked and if so how would you go abou

Ha Cruisers now spend all game spamming HE at the back of the map too . Cruisers are the new Battleships .

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

Perhaps the yamato did more than you think. Overall I find the xp system while not perfect works pretty well.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,564 posts
8,979 battles
9 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Perhaps the yamato did more than you think. Overall I find the xp system while not perfect works pretty well.

This, I bet that the Yamoto was attacking ships in and near the caps. It is amazing how much experience you can get from what looks like mediocre matches if you or your targets are in or near the caps.

[LOU1]
Members
3,015 posts
8,117 battles

There are several factors at play.  For example, XP for damage is based upon the percentage of health you remove.  A BB hitting DDs and CA/CL is going to get quite a bit of XP compared to a DD plinking away at a BB.  

Members
1,457 posts
12,292 battles

I play DDs, BBs and cruisers and have been pretty happy with the exp distribution.  Many times when I work hard in my dd, at the top of the team exp even with low damage/kills.  Have been a lot of games in my BBs that I have monster damage/kills, have over 2 million in potential damage (tanked like a beast), and got beat out for top honors by a DD ( or cruiser).  I can only see what I do, not all the info on what the others did in contributions, so can’t always tell where everyone should land.

Members
191 posts

Do i think the XP model is completely fair? No, I don't.
That being said some things are harder to quantify and put a "price" on then others.
The problem is XP has to be handed out universally, it can't be ship type specific or that creates a whole nother ball of wax no one in their right mind would want to deal with.

Do i think DD's get the short end of the stick sometimes? Yea, if we  helped our team and actually made plays that helped win the game, but it wasn't cause of doing damage, we're going to get short sheet'ed.
The thing is, we can also be the top scoring in a match, the question is always whether it cause a match to be a win or a loss. Some of my lowest scoring games, i actually had the most impact. Recently had a game where i had nothing but  a single cap to my name in the match (gotten mid match). Not one of our team died, and I spotted and kept things spotted for the whole match. I felt it was an impressive win. Did i get "my share" of XP? Probably not, but i had fun with it, it was an awesome game, and that's all i wanted.

Edited by xovian
  • Cool 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

i think well played DD and Cruisers have more effect on xp and wr than BB.   the key word being well played.        key to success in WOWs is being able to play the long game.   dying early really is bad for your stat.

Edited by centarina
  • Cool 1