Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

This apparently is a thing that exists. Cat Samurai.

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

24,883
[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles

A legendary samurai assassin from the Dog clan is sent to kill the cat from the opposing Cat clan, but he finds he can't. Thus he adopts the cat and finds himself at odds with both clans. Or something like that. I haven't actually watched the show yet, just the trailer.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

A legendary samurai assassin from the Dog clan is sent to kill the cat from the opposing Cat clan, but he finds he can't. Thus he adopts the cat and finds himself at odds with both clans. Or something like that. I haven't actually watched the show yet, just the trailer.

:Smile_amazed:

Is this really a TV show in Japan or are you pulling my leg? 

 

Granted I thought girls skating on the ocean with guns on their arms wasn't real either, so... I'm not the best judge of Japanese TV. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,883
[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Is this really a TV show in Japan

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles
2 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

lol Lert.  You need to start a clan of your own called DOGS and only invite players with cat avatars!

 

61 clans with Cat in their name and 66 with Dog in their name. Maybe a clan tournament? :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,883
[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Maybe a clan tournament? :Smile_teethhappy:

You do realize a measure of organization would be needed for that, right? And half the competitors would be cats?

 

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yes.

:Smile_teethhappy:

 

If you have not watched Tai Chi Zero and Tai Chi Hero, you should watch those as well. No cats tho.

 

13 minutes ago, Lert said:

You do realize a measure of organization would be needed for that, right? And half the competitors would be cats?

 

:Smile_teethhappy:

 

Only for one side. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,883
[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

If you have not watched Tai Chi Zero and Tai Chi Hero, you should watch those as well. No cats tho.

You might give The Hero Yoshihiko and the Demon King's Castle a try:

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

You might give The Hero Yoshihiko and the Demon King's Castle a try:

 

 

 

As long as a sentence like "Is the mute wife still in the bell?", has significance in the context of the movie, I will have to try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,443
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,449 posts
11,462 battles

and this is why I love japan, they come up with the funniest things!

 

 

like this!:Smile_teethhappy:

 

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
531
[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,006 posts
5 hours ago, DreadRaybo said:

lol Lert.  You need to start a clan of your own called DOGS and only invite players with cat avatars!

I'd join.... no cat avatar, but my cat usually sits on my lap when I'm driving a warship into battle...

I have promoted him to me "number 1" .... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,701
[WOLF9]
Members
8,402 posts
3,894 battles

Wall of Boxes is freekin hilarious!

"Part of the wall is still up.  Look, I'm sitting on it."

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,471
[REVY]
Members
6,142 posts
5,158 battles
8 hours ago, Lert said:

A legendary samurai assassin from the Dog clan is sent to kill the cat from the opposing Cat clan, but he finds he can't. Thus he adopts the cat and finds himself at odds with both clans. Or something like that. I haven't actually watched the show yet, just the trailer.

Apparently someone hasn't heard of the Samurai Pizza Cats.

Samurai_Pizza_Cats_logo.png

(Yes, this was a real tv show)

Edited by Sventex
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,077 posts
3,412 battles

Its what i original thought this thread would be about, but this isn't bad either. Also the Wall of Boxes is hilarious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24,883
[HINON]
Supertester
20,340 posts
13,798 battles
3 hours ago, Sventex said:

Apparently someone hasn't heard of the Samurai Pizza Cats.

<snip>

(Yes, this was a real tv show)

I used to watch that, back in the day. It was on Dutch TV in English with subtitles. In fact, you put the themesong in my head.

Damn you. *shakes fist*

I'd forgotten about this show, tbh. Still, a low budget anime parody from the 90s and a 2010s live action comedy are on two different levels I'd say.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-Members-
1,542 posts
26 battles
14 hours ago, Lert said:

A legendary samurai assassin from the Dog clan is sent to kill the cat from the opposing Cat clan, but he finds he can't. Thus he adopts the cat and finds himself at odds with both clans. Or something like that. I haven't actually watched the show yet, just the trailer.

Aww it's so adorable, I need this in my life! I wonder if there is anywhere to watch it online with subs...

 

2 hours ago, Lert said:

I used to watch that, back in the day. It was on Dutch TV in English with subtitles. In fact, you put the themesong in my head.

Damn you. *shakes fist*

I'd forgotten about this show, tbh. Still, a low budget anime parody from the 90s and a 2010s live action comedy are on two different levels I'd say.

Noooo this will be in my head forever now haha love this show! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,443
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,449 posts
11,462 battles
12 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Wall of Boxes is freekin hilarious!

"Part of the wall is still up.  Look, I'm sitting on it."

I'd love it if we had this show in America!:Smile_Default: though a few things would probably have to be changed due to TV rules and safety. I don't think the guest or the TV audience would appreciate getting hurt by a tank round.:fish_panic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,626
[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles
7 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

I'd love it if we had this show in America!:Smile_Default: though a few things would probably have to be changed due to TV rules and safety. I don't think the guest or the TV audience would appreciate getting hurt by a tank round.:fish_panic:

I suspect that each of the four contestants had a box for the tank to blow up. That box most likely had a squib to blow the box for the tank. No live rounds to fire in a studio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×