You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Containers? Boo hoo

30 comments in this topic

Members
4,729 posts
8,260 battles

Not getting any good NEEDED signals/flags in my containers like additional speed, fast fire putting outer, fast fixing flooding, more range on secondaries, etc, blah blah.  Just getting more camo and more silver. Got enough of that!  Why no performance signals here lately?  Something I am not aware of?  That is common with me. What is the problem?  Tks. 

Edited by dmckay

[KRAB]
Members
840 posts
7,295 battles

Did you select the "more flags" containers? They should never give you silver (as far as I know) and you will get at least 10 signal flags most of the time. 

The selection is fairly random - they are not supposed to let you run all signals every game. 

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

When I choose signals, I get 4-4-4 of something or other. I have many fire chance signals. I have 130 anti-det flags because I once got a super container with 100. I've gone so long w/o a super container that I don't even roll the dice anymore. 

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
7 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

Did you select the "more flags" containers? They should never give you silver (as far as I know) and you will get at least 10 signal flags most of the time. 

The selection is fairly random - they are not supposed to let you run all signals every game. 

I only ever select flags and consumables, you can for sure get silver in em.

[KRAB]
Members
840 posts
7,295 battles

I guess WG just moves the odds around a bit. I think the easiest way to get a large number of flags is to play on the PTS. 

Members
4,729 posts
8,260 battles
11 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I have only once seen where you can select more flags. Am I missing something? Where is that?  I am an idiot. Is it related to how many containers you have to open or something like that? Tks

Edited by dmckay

Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

I have only once seen where you can select more flags. Am I missing something? Where is that? 

Isn't the one category "signals and flags" ? I thought consumables was a seperate choice. 

[KRAB]
Members
840 posts
7,295 battles
3 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I have only once seen where you can select more flags. Am I missing something? Where is that?  I am an idiot. Is it related to how many containers you have to open or something like that? Tks

There are 4 choices for your containers:

-More Credits

-More Flags and Camo

-More Consumables

-Try your Luck

I usually pick try your luck, as I want some of the supercontainer modules for CW ( I do not have all of them yet). The more flags and camo will usually give you 10 flags, sometimes 15. 

[KRAB]
Members
840 posts
7,295 battles
2 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Super Containers are myth.  :fish_glass:

I get about 1-2 a month, consistent with a 1/2% drop rate.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,156 posts
11,135 battles

Huh, I thought this was gonna be a complaint about French containers. Well played.

[PVE]
Members
15,713 posts
10,424 battles
26 minutes ago, dmckay said:

21 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

-More Credits

-More Flags and Camo

-More Consumables

-Try your Luck

I usually pick try your luck, as I want some of the supercontainer modules for CW ( I do not have all of them yet). The more flags and camo will usually give you 10 flags, sometimes 15. 

@dmckay, In my experience, this is what I have seen. You can get a SC from picking any of the four, but TYL, gives a slightly higher SC chance and a regular reduced chance.

-More Credits - usually gives credits in one to two spots and signal flags or other stuff (camo, consumables, port slot, cmdr slots, etc) in the last spot

-More Flags and Camo - usually gives signal flags/camo and sometime other stuff (credits, consumables, etc) in some spots

-More Consumables  - usually gives consumables and sometime other stuff (credits, camo, signal flags, etc) in some spots

-Try your Luck - unless it give a SC, usually gives one of the normal items (credits, camo, signal flags, consumables, etc)

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

I got a super container last week choosing "flags and consumables" it was 50 games con camos. I got over the try your luck one after they nerfed it.

Members
23,232 posts
5,860 battles
1 hour ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

I got a super container last week choosing "flags and consumables" it was 50 games con camos. I got over the try your luck one after they nerfed it.

Yup, I got the same one. I only have 3 left.....:Smile_sad:

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
3 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

-More Credits

-More Flags and Camo

-More Consumables

-Try your Luck

Do you actually get SCs from that?  I get zero SCs from the other 3 and zero from Try Your Luck too.

[PVE]
Members
15,713 posts
10,424 battles
6 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Do you actually get SCs from that?  I get zero SCs from the other 3 and zero from Try Your Luck too.

I almost always pick More Credits and I get a SC every month or two.

Members
4,729 posts
8,260 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

I almost always pick More Credits and I get a SC every month or two.

Do you have to have a premium account to pick your flags/;signals?  I don't have one. anymore. All I get is containers to open....no choice as to what I get. Just "containers".  Open!

[PVE]
Members
15,713 posts
10,424 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

Do you have to have a premium account to pick your flags/;signals?  I don't have one. anymore. All I get is containers to open....no choice as to what I get. Just "containers".  Open!

I could pick containers before the premium account. Are you collecting your container when you earn it, or after that day is over by letting the system collect the container? If you pick the container, you get a choice. If you let the system pick your containers, I don't believe you get a choice.

Members
4,729 posts
8,260 battles
52 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I could pick containers before the premium account. Are you collecting your container when you earn it, or after that day is over by letting the system collect the container? If you pick the container, you get a choice. If you let the system pick your containers, I don't believe you get a choice.

ok!  NOW THIS MAKES SENSE!   TKS.

Edited by dmckay

[PVE]
Members
15,713 posts
10,424 battles
6 minutes ago, dmckay said:

ok!  NOW THIS MAKES SENSE!   TKS.

You're welcome

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

As an experiment Since the first of the year I have chosen TYL only. I have received 4 SC so far it works out to one every 30 /35 containers. I will continue this exp till the end of the year and keep you posted. 

[A-D-F]
Members
885 posts
7,008 battles
16 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

As an experiment Since the first of the year I have chosen TYL only. I have received 4 SC so far it works out to one every 30 /35 containers. I will continue this exp till the end of the year and keep you posted. 

Your results would be very interesting to see.

I've taken the other tack: I almost always choose more consumables. I've only received 3 SC's in about 1600 games, but I can directly appreciate the steady supply of premium damage control, repair party, smoke, radar, hydro and Spood Beest. Along with the odd free XP, silver and whatnot.

At 22.5k silver a pop they add up. Especially on consumable hungry ships. l The SC's are just a bonus to me; not something to get worked up over farming for.