You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ares1967

Shinonome Blues

12 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
1,183 posts
10,585 battles

I'm a cruiser main and only own 2 IJN ships period, Shino and Mushy. I really dislike and suck at BBs but maybe average in DDs... and I actually like the Shino, I would love it, except....

ShinoSigh.thumb.PNG.abd12ae6cd94cde1bba474d6dc64529e.PNGShinoSigh2.thumb.PNG.ff3f4a2de5934dd92b576e9e9234298e.PNG

I spawn close to the C cap with our CV being the only ship close. The CV shockingly send fighters straight to the C cap detecting the Kag. However instead of keeping the Kag spotted he makes a hard right and off go the fighters to B... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Luckily the Kag blunders into a torp I fired to keep him on his toes while I vacated the area. After that it was just trying to stop the bleeding but the team refused treatment. I seriously didn't take a single point of damage till I was the last one left alive and then only because the Red CV made sure I was hunted down.

I know, I know, Git Gud and Carry Harder... I think in this case I would have needed a USS Kidd DD993 at a minimum.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,370 battles

Bad weekend for Shino games, tons of CVs mid tier and 10 DDs every match.

The ship's not that good, the 6.1 camo kills it, and the bad maneuverability buries it deep. 

Beta Testers
292 posts
11,003 battles

I will admit now I DONT play carriers. And I will say IMHO that the most important thing a carrier can do(besides sinking ships) is to launch a fighter first and send it to the cap where the DD is, spot the enemy DD and shadow him. And it's shocking how many won't do this. It's hilarious to watch 3 squadrons beeline to the map edge as they start their journey of 3 minutes around the edge of the map. My 2 cents,,,,,,,,,

[--V--]
Members
650 posts
11,397 battles
44 minutes ago, Alien_Observer said:

I will admit now I DONT play carriers. And I will say IMHO that the most important thing a carrier can do(besides sinking ships) is to launch a fighter first and send it to the cap where the DD is, spot the enemy DD and shadow him. And it's shocking how many won't do this. It's hilarious to watch 3 squadrons beeline to the map edge as they start their journey of 3 minutes around the edge of the map. My 2 cents,,,,,,,,,

I don't play carriers either, but when my teams CV hunts down DDs, it seems we always win.  And when the enemy team hunts our DDs down it seems we always lose.

• Cool 1

[HE]
Members
514 posts
8,828 battles
1 hour ago, SeaborneSumo said:

I don't play carriers either, but when my teams CV hunts down DDs, it seems we always win.  And when the enemy team hunts our DDs down it seems we always lose.

CV play has too much decisive power.

A inferior CV on my team = 70% chance of losing

There is nothing you can do to save that situation. PERIOD

• Cool 1

Members
9,443 posts
11,604 battles

shino is fine.     i am just a tater and I can do pretty well with it.   it does suffer for t8 matchup, but so does every other t6 dd.

overall

Shinonome 6 DD  Japan 162 64.20% 40,220 1,208 2.4 1.3 0.0 48% 45% 7% 1,248

last 90 days

Shinonome 6 DD  Japan 33 75.76% 44,849 1,504 3.5 1.3 0.0 64% 49% 9% 1,350

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
15,405 battles

The Shino would definitely benefit from either quicker turret traverse or 10km torps.  Both would make it rock! :cap_rambo:

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
4 hours ago, NeutralState said:

The ship's not that good, the 6.1 camo kills it, and the bad maneuverability buries it deep. 

...and that WG decided to make the hull sit practically on top of the water for some reason.

She No Know Me is garbage.  I'd sell mine if it weren't a boat that couldn't be reacquired.  It's my least-liked boat so far.  Absolutely hate it.

Edited by Kuckoo

Members
9,443 posts
11,604 battles

shino takes patience.  it isn't  kamikaze and it isn't a gunship . it is decent all around bote that can spam torps though.   its downside is lack of speed and  torp launch window.      positioning is everything with shino and it can perform well.      not a good reactive bote at all but strong hybrid.

-Members-
1,266 posts
13 battles
49 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

The Shino would definitely benefit from either quicker turret traverse or 10km torps.  Both would make it rock! :cap_rambo:

Great feedback, DreadRaybo! 

[PLPT]
Members
929 posts
8,155 battles
On 2/26/2018 at 10:53 AM, SeaborneSumo said:

Watching King of the Sea: Supremecy League the other day, it was all Gearings with Defensive Fire.