You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kildayil

Flag O Rama

27 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
76 posts
7,461 battles

So, anyone heard of anything being distributed on this yet? I mean, the writeup was quite clear on how this was going to work, and when rewards would be distributed, etc. LOL, Anyone get one of the 50 Roma's?  Or should we get out our tin foil hats, and guess this was a scam to get us to use up lots of flags and signals? 

• Cool 1

[TROY]
Members
209 posts
2,926 battles

Probably too soon to hear of any rewards, but I would have liked some way to know how many chances that I earned while playing.  Something that I would hope WG considers for future events like this.

[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles

I just used the signals I would normally use in PvP. If I win something fine, if not, that is fine as well.

• Cool 3

[5IN]
Supertester
1,973 posts
9,172 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I just used the signals I would normally use in PvP. If I win something fine, if not, that is fine as well.

Agreed.  

B

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
6,403 posts
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Same here. Still I am curious to see as this was a particularly flag heavy weekend for me given the 200% First XP and the coming French BB's had me grinding XP flags on all my French BB's and CL to get HonHonHonore up to 19 ASAP.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
76 posts
7,461 battles

Yup, would be nice to see a counter of your used flags or something, showing you got +1 entry and  a running total or something.  Seems like a decent idea for an event, just could be better executed, and communication, as usual, is lacking severely :( 

Good luck to all, wouldn't mind seeing a Roma pop up in my port. 

• Cool 1

[TROY]
Members
209 posts
2,926 battles
26 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Same here. Still I am curious to see as this was a particularly flag heavy weekend for me given the 200% First XP and the coming French BB's had me grinding XP flags on all my French BB's and CL to get HonHonHonore up to 19 ASAP.

I think it was just a test to see if they could use a competition to increase the usage of flags to potentially reduce the huge numbers of flags that some players have saved up. 

[5BS]
Members
6,403 posts
25 minutes ago, biggie1447 said:

I think it was just a test to see if they could use a competition to increase the usage of flags to potentially reduce the huge numbers of flags that some players have saved up. 

Why people horde flags is beyond me... use em as appropriate as needed. Especially stat flags. I can sorta understand hording Dragons and other XP/Commander XP flags for when you have premium, or for +200% XP, but fly those det flags as often as you can, likewise for everything else.

[PVE]
Members
14,683 posts
9,298 battles
14 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Why people horde flags is beyond me... use em as appropriate as needed. Especially stat flags. I can sorta understand hording Dragons and other XP/Commander XP flags for when you have premium, or for +200% XP, but fly those det flags as often as you can, likewise for everything else.

I'm a PvE main and every time I play PvP, I use a full set of flags.

[TROY]
Members
209 posts
2,926 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

A lot of them are from when super-containers still had the huge flag packs in them + the pre-nerf normal containers.  Then there are the bonus flags from missions/challenges and the flags from play testing the PT server.  I have noticed that the number of flags I get now is stable compared to my expenditure but I use to build them up much faster.

*edit: I forgot about the nerfs to the rewards given out for ranking up in the ranked season as well.  We use to get a lot more flags in the earlier seasons.

Edited by biggie1447

[WOLF2]
Members
76 posts
7,461 battles
43 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

Is this a thing? It's not mentioned anywhere on the game screen.

It was a thing, over the weekend, but its over now.. Except wondering about those Roma's......  /puts on foil hat "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts....."

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,278 posts

Hmm... usually contests involving game data were usually posted Mondays, iirc... at least so it seemed... 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,137 posts
19,951 battles
8 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

I horde signals for Ranked battles. I put a few signals on a few ships for normal PvE and PvP play like the speed flags for Okhotnik & Graf Spee, the two normal economic signals on anything tier 8+, and the like. The only ships I use full signals on are carriers, the Tirpitz and Anshan to maximize my free xp earnings on a first win. I use combat signals on my carriers because it really helps them out immensely and you need every edge possible to make them work well. 

I play mostly PvE so signals are precious to me and hard to come by. I only play PvP to farm rewards. Ranked battles are the only time I go full signals and premium consumables. I don't see the need to use most signals just playing standard Random play. I have thousands of signals and huge amounts of premium consumables available for use when I really need them. Same with the one shot premium camos. Forgot that I sometimes fly signals to complete missions like "earn X amount of credits" or "earn X amount of XP" just to shorten the grind or increase my earnings when it has to be done in one match. 

[VW]
Members
2,383 posts
14,123 battles

I see no point in using flags during normal random battles, except at tier 8 or higher to reduce costs/increase income. Ranked however is totally different, that's what I save my flags for.

Edited by monpetitloup

[INTEL]
Members
9,755 posts
27,652 battles
On 2/26/2018 at 8:50 AM, Kizarvexis said:

Me too. I never win anything, so I didn't change my behavior.