You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

27 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,016 posts
8,240 battles

Regale us.

Was expecting mine would be pretty fun when had an excellent match in Shinonome (9 torp hits, finished ship torp hit in French mission) and not disappointed. About 63% w/r and 60% Saturday and Sunday. Div'd with a player from another clan when saw his grumbling about bad teammates and we had a good 4 matches running duo Montana, Missouri, ARP Takao, then LoYang/Z-23--won in all but our cruisers.

It was hilarious, our aggressive DD play ensured the opposing DDs got cornered and destroyed, rest of enemy team camped hard and lost. In Montanas, we each covered a different cap; he ended up keeping 2 NCs wasting time trying to kill him for almost entire match while I guided focusfire (btw, this is Tears Of the Desert) and we won decisively. Both our Takaos have stealth build, so after rest of our left flank fell, we had a good time taking potshots and firing random torpedoes at the Moskva, Yamato, Iowa, and whatever other cruiser was there--I even stealth torped the Yamato!

Then Sunday, won 3, lost 2. One loss could've been avoided if my teammates hadn't spread out where my AA Hindenburg couldn't effectively protect from the enemy Midway (our Midway was a self-admitted wallet warrior, free xp'd through $300....seriously....), but oh well, Tunnel Vision Syndrome is a thing.

Z-23 is coming close to unlocking the 46, particularly with the 200% XP camo in just 1 match:

v1KQY2q.jpg

MO kinged my matches:

umvLjpO.jpg

Got to brawl with a Nagato, who clearly never did it before, and he didn't even try to ram me. That was a fun match, almost got exactly 1mil credits too.

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,757 posts
4,573 battles

I got my first elite captain, completed HSF collection and get Yamato paint, and finishing 10 out of 18 Aigle missions.

Good enough for me...

• Cool 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

My weekend started off fairly well, and then rapidly declined. Saturday was full of great team play, and Sunday was devoid of it. Sunday was full of people who spawned west going east and people who spawned east going west. I had several games where destroyers ended up accidentally blinding the friendly team with their smoke screens because the CV who was spotting decided to abandon that side of the map, while the enemy CV did not.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,392 battles
12 minutes ago, cometguy said:

My weekend started off fairly well, and then rapidly declined. Saturday was full of great team play, and Sunday was devoid of it. Sunday was full of people who spawned west going east and people who spawned east going west. I had several games where destroyers ended up accidentally blinding the friendly team with their smoke screens because the CV who was spotting decided to abandon that side of the map, while the enemy CV did not.

Blinded! Blinded by the smoke! We all hate when that happens. DDs think they are helping the team when in fact they are hurting them. I hope you see a turn around and get some better results in future battles this week. Good luck!

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
3 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Blinded! Blinded by the smoke! We all hate when that happens. DDs think they are helping the team when in fact they are hurting them. I hope you see a turn around and get some better results in future battles this week. Good luck!

Bad luck never lasts long. And really, I think they were pretty well intentioned, because the CV indicated that they intended to spot for the cap, and while the CV had planes there, things were good. I don't know if they had some smoked up AA that caused a change of plans.

Edited by cometguy

Members
1,458 posts
12,315 battles

Loved the 100% free exp boost weekend. Spent most of the battles piling on flags and was able to build up free exp by 140K, now sitting on 640K in free exp (getting close to 750K). Already have the Mo, Nelson and Yami, so not sure if I should get the Musashi, free exp up the new French BB line or wait for the rumored premium Russian cruiser.

Edited by Panzer1113

[TDG]
Members
1,181 posts
5,986 battles

A fairly successful weekend.

I'm still current on the Aigle tasks.  I was getting concerned, but I had a best match in North Carolina.  (I also got within 4K Ship XP of unlocking Iowa.)

I ground out over 200K Free XP.  I used a bit to un-stock the Minsk I picked up with the discount this weekend.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,102 posts
6,742 battles
50 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Regale us.

I think I ground out about 500k freexp and around 1M elite captain xp this weekend.

Was good fun!

[NG-NL]
Members
5,016 posts
8,240 battles
1 hour ago, pyantoryng said:

I got my first elite captain, completed HSF collection and get Yamato paint, and finishing 10 out of 18 Aigle missions.

Good enough for me...

Oh lol I forgot to mention got my 4th elite captain. Seagal.

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,104 battles
1 hour ago, cometguy said:

You must have been on the same teams as me.:Smile_teethhappy: Had the exact same results. Saturday was a blast and was actually fun to play. Sunday was a disaster with the teams camping the spawn and driving in circles and dying repeatedly. I actually had an opponent from the other side kill me and then die from my torps ( was using the Hipper) and said in chat good game and great play. I messaged him after the battle and returned the compliments. That was the highlight of Sunday play.

[O7]
Beta Testers, Supertester
6,398 posts
7,363 battles

Started playing the Essex, two games 1750 WTR IIRC. O7 got into top-tier Hurricane, proud of these gents :)

Edited by Kousatsu

[FOXEH]
Members
3,351 posts
12,123 battles

My game play sucked hind teat. The milk (WR) ran dry real fast. 25% on Saturday, 45% on Sunday. Glad that weekend is over.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Couldn't manage to get on and play yesterday, Saturday and Friday were decent though. Gotta being a good game each and every match of you want to win though, no easy victories with the vast majority of teams 

Members
191 posts

Wasnt my worst weekend but it was close.
I too am glad the weekend is over.

Glad not everyone ran into my string of bad luck.

Edited by xovian

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
2 hours ago, cometguy said:

I absolutely HATE when this happens.  Why are people so damned effing stupid to realize how much time they're wasting by crossing their spawn to go somewhere.  And if you have this exact thing happen, every damned ship on the team is wasting a couple of minutes just traversing their cap area while the other team may be heading directly for the caps, if it's a domination game.

[TDG]
Members
1,181 posts
5,986 battles
19 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I absolutely HATE when this happens.  Why are people so damned effing stupid to realize how much time they're wasting by crossing their spawn to go somewhere.  And if you have this exact thing happen, every damned ship on the team is wasting a couple of minutes just traversing their cap area while the other team may be heading directly for the caps, if it's a domination game.

It is frustrating.

I have where I prefer (or know how) to play on some maps.  I have many more cases where I know areas of the map are toxic to me at this time.

That said, I try for the best movement based on where I spawn.  Frequently, this is not optimal.  However, it is usually better than the cost to get to an "optimal" location.

The play I find most frustrating is when we have 3-4 DDs and that all go in one direction leaving a flank entirely open.  If I am on that flank, I feel obligated to at least try for a delaying action on that side.  I rarely survive, but I have been successful in blocking long enough.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
5 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

It is frustrating.

I have where I prefer (or know how) to play on some maps.  I have many more cases where I know areas of the map are toxic to me at this time.

That said, I try for the best movement based on where I spawn.  Frequently, this is not optimal.  However, it is usually better than the cost to get to an "optimal" location.

The play I find most frustrating is when we have 3-4 DDs and that all go in one direction leaving a flank entirely open.  If I am on that flank, I feel obligated to at least try for a delaying action on that side.  I rarely survive, but I have been successful in blocking long enough.

I also hate it when all DDs go in a single direction.  Thankfully, it rarely happens.  One thing I really hate seeing is a division of 3 DDs,  because they usually stick together like most divisions would.  I don't doubt that a 3 DD div of good players could possibly own their side of the map, but to me that's just too great a concentration of DDs.  I prefer divisions that are composed of different ship types because they seem more flexible.  They don't suck away a big chunk of a team's ships of that type to go in a single direction.  And so on.  A good mixed division can have a DD that's spotting for its BB and CA, while the BB and  CA provide supporting fire for the DD if necessary.  It just seems like a more effective grouping than a single type division.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,597 battles

Randoms went well enough. Sadly Clan Battles didn't.

I'd like to thank all my clanmates for carrying me as usual :Smile_teethhappy:

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

The week end went well for me, more wins than loses nothing spectacular though. I have been doing the Aigle mission every day. I am doing well with her so far, but again nothing spectacular.

Aigle 6 DD france.svg 13 61.54% 23,172 1,202 0.7 0.6 0.1 8% 42% 4% 967
Edited by Sovereigndawg

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
13 minutes ago, Crucis said:

One thing I really hate seeing is a division of 3 DDs

They could also be OP if the division split and all 3 of them were good DD players. Cross torping is what a division of DDs should do and you can't do that if you are all together, Then a gain can you imagine the skill wall 3 shimakazie's could make if they worked together.

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

They could also be OP if the division split and all 3 of them were good DD players. Cross torping is what a division of DDs should do and you can't do that if you are all together, Then a gain can you imagine the skill wall 3 shimakazie's could make if they worked together.

That would be a sight. Unfortunately the only DD divisions I've ever seen were acting as if they were joined at the hip.

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
42 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Unless they're cross torping at like 20 km, they're more together than you give them credit for.  3 torp DDs can work together without being joined at the hip.  And if they are decently spread out for cross drops, they're still close enough to be working together.  OTOH, if you're talking about more gunboat-y DDs, they may want to be closer together to provide mutual support vs enemy DDs.  After all, if you run into 1 enemy DD with your 3 gunboat DDs, you should be able to blow him away really, really quickly.

Members
4,547 posts
6,456 battles
4 hours ago, cometguy said:

Did not play Sat. Was gonna play random on Sunday and to get warmed up I played some co-op. It was sooooooooooo bad in co-op (some losses and idiotic gameplay) that I decided not to even try some random. It was like a mental ward.  TK's. Ships firing at islands.  Ships running into each other...etc.  Heh

[WOLF2]
Members
379 posts
6,192 battles

Was fantastic weekend for me in terms of WR. 

Went 16-4 Saturday and 19-6 yesterday. Sunday still ended in a two game losing streak so I quit while I was ahead.

I was able to get my Gearing captain up to a 19 pointer and am now working on my Z52 captain.

The "be free" event certainly was nice, am now sitting at over 844k free xp again.

Got the Shima just before the weekend....