You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Vive La France - Part 2?

31 comments in this topic

Members
2,305 posts
8,761 battles

First-Time Completion Prize: Permanent Camo for  VI Dunkerque,  VIII Richelieu, or  VIII Gascogne; five French Containers; and a special French Battleship Patch!

So, when it comes to Richelieu - is this some sort of special camouflage (like the French themed Dunkerque one made available through mission), or just the regular 3,000 doubloon permanent camouflage?  Also what’s with the “or” verbiage, you only get to chose one reward camo out of three?

Edited by Ramsalot

[USCC2]
Members
4,704 posts
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

First-Time Completion Prize: Permanent Camo for  VI Dunkerque,  VIII Richelieu, or  VIII Gascogne; five French Containers; and a special French Battleship Patch!

So, when it comes to Richelieu - is this some sort of special camouflage (like the French themed Dunkerque one made available through mission), or just the regular 3,000 doubloon permanent camouflage?  Also what’s with the “or” verbiage, you only get to chose one reward camo out of three?

If it's like the one on the PTS it looks horrible. Don't get me wrong, it's like a flourish of gold across the ship and in itself looks ok - only problem is it looks terrible over a rusty grey ship.

Now had it been a gold flourish over the French camo that would have been great.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,124 posts
19,941 battles

The alternate Dunkerque camo is a black and gold camo that was given away for short mission a while back. I kind of like it but it offers no more bonuses than the standard camo that comes with the ship. Had the "grand prize" been the camo for the tech tree Richelieu, that would be worth playing for. But since you only have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it, that changes it up a bit. It looks like giving alternate camos that offer no more bonuses than the camo that comes with a premium ship is the new meta for Wargaming...  I do like the idea of playing all that campaign for a whole $1.50 in doubloons though. Just enough doubloons to maybe unmount all the upgrades for what, a tier 4/5 ship? Can't respec a captain with that little, least not one that is beyond 10 points. Free doubloons is always nice now that I refuse to spend money on their game. 

My guess if you don't get to choose the prize Ramsalot. It is probably random and that is why you get 4.5 million credits if you already own the Dunkerque camo. Credits and alternate camo for premium ships are the two things I don't need nor want. They are pitiful prizes but I believe this is just the way it is going to be from now on. 

Members
2,305 posts
8,761 battles

I would love to see a screenshot, Google finds the real world camo that seems to match the 3,000 doubloon one.  Also, does unique camo have all the same bonuses?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,124 posts
19,941 battles
Just now, Ramsalot said:

I would love to see a screenshot, Google finds the real world camo that seems to match the 3,000 doubloon one.  Also, does unique camo have all the same bonuses?

The unique camo has the same bonuses as the ones that come with the ship originally. It is entirely a matter of preference not utility. 

Members
2,305 posts
8,761 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

The unique camo has the same bonuses as the ones that come with the ship originally. It is entirely a matter of preference not utility. 

Ha, well call me a greedy bastard, but I did not pay 3,000 doubloons for the regular camo.  But if the mission camo is as ugly as you say, and I really like the ship, who knows...  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,124 posts
19,941 battles
1 minute ago, Ramsalot said:

Ha, well call me a greedy bastard, but I did not pay 3,000 doubloons for the regular camo.  But if the mission camo is as ugly as you say, and I really like the ship, who knows...  

I misunderstood, thought you meant for Dunkerque. Have no clue about the camo that comes with the tier 8 tech tree ship. That is the only one you have to buy and if it was the guaranteed prize for completing the campaign, that would be a most excellent reward. Alternate camo's for premium ships that offer no more bonuses are not worth the effort IMHO. 

Members
2,305 posts
8,761 battles
Just now, Lillehuntrix said:

For reference, the Dunkerque camo - I believe the camo for it in this new campaign will be identical.

Wait, this is the one right?  People mention “gold” multiple times in this thread, but I don’t see any gold?

413D349C-C892-405C-8EB1-93FA8991BB87.jpeg.e891c9fb14d0440c554d1b4ed29ec90f.jpeg

[HINON]
Members
10,528 posts
6 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I misunderstood, thought you meant for Dunkerque. Have no clue about the camo that comes with the tier 8 tech tree ship. That is the only one you have to buy and if it was the guaranteed prize for completing the campaign, that would be a most excellent reward. Alternate camo's for premium ships that offer no more bonuses are not worth the effort IMHO. 

Well tbh if WG often gave better bonuses for perma camos we would see threads complaining that players are forced to use the better camo even if they don't like the look just because it has better bonuses. Sort of like how people complain about the military contributor flag. I don't mind having cosmetic options and I love the alternate dunkerque camo.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
4 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

For reference, the Dunkerque camo - I believe the camo for it in this new campaign will be identical.

shot-18_02.26_09_19.21-0766.thumb.jpg.b171977ff79da67f86b64b9e9af8b555.jpg

There was a footnote saying you would get 4.5M silver if you already have that camo. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,124 posts
19,941 battles

Hrm I thought that the crests were gold... I may have misremembered, that is my bad sorry. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,124 posts
19,941 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Well tbh if WG often gave better bonuses for perma camos we would see threads complaining that players are forced to use the better camo even if they don't like the look just because it has better bonuses. Sort of like how people complain about the military contributor flag. I don't mind having cosmetic options and I love the alternate dunkerque camo.

I guess, have never seen a complaint about the alternate Tirpitz camo that gives +100% free xp. Only complaint thread I have seen on alternates was that silly Roma one with the giant septic tank on its head. People wanted the bonuses but not the beer can head. Really awful camo. I don't blame the artist, they are weird, just wonder about the Wargaming employee who said "That looks good and will appeal to our player base. Put it in the game."....... 

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
10,528 posts
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I guess, have never seen a complaint about the alternate Tirpitz camo that gives +100% free xp. Only complaint thread I have seen on alternates was that silly Roma one with the giant septic tank on its head. People wanted the bonuses but not the beer can head. Really awful camo. I don't blame the artist, they are weird, just wonder about the Wargaming employee who said "That looks good and will appeal to our player base. Put it in the game."....... 

Well you or I aren't always the target demographic for camos or missions. I like some of them and dislike others just like most anything in life. We all have various preferences. Some are wider than others.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,124 posts
19,941 battles
16 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Well you or I aren't always the target demographic for camos or missions. I like some of them and dislike others just like most anything in life. We all have various preferences. Some are wider than others.

No doubt you are correct and honestly I don't mind options even with the camouflages. The ability to personalize your ship is a good thing IMHO no matter what you want it to look like. I only take issue in that they are offering it as a reward for a campaign. It is hardly worth the effort. Had we the ability to CHOOSE which grand prize we got, that would be a good thing and I would have zero complaints. Having to depend on random chance to get a decent prize is as annoying as those silly French crates where you have to rely on RNG to get the missions. This whole French BB event has been nothing but a letdown. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles
3 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Wait, this is the one right?  People mention “gold” multiple times in this thread, but I don’t see any gold?

413D349C-C892-405C-8EB1-93FA8991BB87.jpeg.e891c9fb14d0440c554d1b4ed29ec90f.jpeg

I think they are talking about the camo that was on the PTS.  It basically adds gold work all over the ship so that it looks like something out of one of those Victorian steampunk animes.  It is kind of hideous in the way the Roma camo is hideous but in a slightly different fashion.

Members
2,305 posts
8,761 battles
4 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

I think they are talking about the camo that was on the PTS.  It basically adds gold work all over the ship so that it looks like something out of one of those Victorian steampunk animes.  It is kind of hideous in the way the Roma camo is hideous but in a slightly different fashion.

Well in such case it really is too bad, because I would love that black camo on Richelieu.

[PVE]
Members
14,658 posts
9,277 battles

There are 3 missions of 4 tasks each in the campaign. Do you get each camo at the end of each mission? I can't connect to the PT server again, but I think each mission gave you one of the 3 perma-camos. So finish the campaign and get all three, IIRC.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,124 posts
19,941 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

There are 3 missions of 4 tasks each in the campaign. Do you get each camo at the end of each mission? I can't connect to the PT server again, but I think each mission gave you one of the 3 perma-camos. So finish the campaign and get all three, IIRC.

On their webpage it says "or" not "and" so I dunno. There are people on Reddit saying you get all three even though that is not what it says on Wargaming site. People who have played on the PTS said you get all three there but what happens there isn't always what happens on the live server so IMHO the issue is in doubt. 

[PVE]
Members
14,658 posts
9,277 battles

On their webpage it says "or" not "and" so I dunno. There are people on Reddit saying you get all three even though that is not what it says on Wargaming site. People who have played on the PTS said you get all three there but what happens there isn't always what happens on the live server so IMHO the issue is in doubt. 

Oh yeah, in doubt, but having a perma-camo for two premiums and one tech tree sounds just about right for a limited time campaign reward.

Members
9,437 posts
11,602 battles

if you already have the dunkerque camo, you get 4.5mil silver, which would be ok.      richieliu camo would be useful.  gascogne  not so much.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,124 posts
19,941 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Oh yeah, in doubt, but having a perma-camo for two premiums and one tech tree sounds just about right for a limited time campaign reward.

Alternate camo for premium ships is not worthwhile IMHO. The Tirpitz camo for the Santa's Convoy mission was awesome. The alternate camo for the DoY, Hood, and Scharnhorst were terrible and I have yet to see anyone in game using them. Getting permanent camo for the Bismarck was a great idea and anytime you get camo for tech tree ships, it is a good thing and a prize worth going after. If anyone does not have the Tannerich (however it is spelled) camo for Tirptiz, you should raise a fuss and see about getting it into the game as a prize. It is great stuff, looks like normal camo, has the same bonuses as the standard premium camo, BUT adds +100% bonus to Free XP. It is a giant reward, one worth having. Alternate camo for premium ships is a "meh" reward and not worth grinding out a campaign. The Scharnhorst "frost" camo was just an awful prize, really a bad idea and it isn't even that interesting looking. 

[PVE]
Members
14,658 posts
9,277 battles

Alternate camo for premium ships is not worthwhile IMHO. The Tirpitz camo for the Santa's Convoy mission was awesome. The alternate camo for the DoY, Hood, and Scharnhorst were terrible and I have yet to see anyone in game using them. Getting permanent camo for the Bismarck was a great idea and anytime you get camo for tech tree ships, it is a good thing and a prize worth going after. If anyone does not have the Tannerich (however it is spelled) camo for Tirptiz, you should raise a fuss and see about getting it into the game as a prize. It is great stuff, looks like normal camo, has the same bonuses as the standard premium camo, BUT adds +100% bonus to Free XP. It is a giant reward, one worth having. Alternate camo for premium ships is a "meh" reward and not worth grinding out a campaign. The Scharnhorst "frost" camo was just an awful prize, really a bad idea and it isn't even that interesting looking. 

I like the frost camo and have it on the Scharnhorst and Duke of York. Different strokes and all. :)

We will see what the campaign gives on Wed or Thu I think.