You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Aim Bots

98 comments in this topic

[ES]
Members
305 posts
16,668 battles

Are there such a thing? I hear it allot in Chat about that and I have witness a bunch of amazing shots lately. Maybe people are just that good just wondering.

Members
309 posts

There's a (legal) mod that allows you to aim via mini-map that's about as bad as an aim bot.

WG needs to just ban all mods to the client already. If WG can somehow isolate all UI/gameplay mods from merely cosmetic mods, great.

If they can't, and your anime girls mod gets nuked in the process, too bad for you.

Edited by intixw
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 14
  • Angry 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,944 posts

As long as there are folks being too competitive about the game-play, there will be the opportunity for cheats to be developed.

It's a 'PAY TO WIN' thing, but there is the risk of being caught.

Not only are there aim-bots, but there are also 'Lag Spike Switches' that freeze everyone's controls, and visual add-ons that show where enemy shots are going to land.

WG has ways to detect the use of these:

I've had shots landing on me, that I swear - are from my own team.  More than once, I've accused a clan-mate of shooting at me..  Replay -- not there.  Details -- not there.  If I saw and avoided those shots -- TAGGED as a cheater.

I've fired perfectly set up shots, only to have all the shots land left or right of the target.  Replay shows I screwed up my aim.  I deduce WG inserted a visual error that make us shoot in the wrong place.  AimBot users don't use visual signs, so their shots will hit.  -- so if you hit the target, you are using an aim-bot.

Lag-Spikes are harder to track down.  Problem is that they can also be generated naturally by bad connections, weather events, and potato computers.  Operator diligence is the key here.  If you see 'convenient' spikes -- report them.  This appears as enemy ships not being spotted when open-water firing.  They will also jump around when they are in trouble, so you can't hit them.  Replay shows they are there all the time and you look stupid for not shooting them.  Replay doesn't show lag times either.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
2,165 posts
11,620 battles
33 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Are there such a thing? I hear it allot in Chat about that and I have witness a bunch of amazing shots lately. Maybe people are just that good just wondering.

Did you watch the King of the Sea quarter final and final on you tube? You should second guess is that "aim bots" help player kills from across the map or it just SKILLS

[HINON]
Members
10,537 posts

There are cheats out there but wg is constantly detecting and banning their users.  At the same time there are players who have plenty of experience to make amazing shots.  One of the best compliments is to get called a hacker. 

• Cool 3

[CAFE]
Members
1,633 posts
12,084 battles
10 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Did you watch the King of the Sea quarter final and final on you tube? You should second guess is that "aim bots" help player kills from across the map or it just SKILLS

Not a good example considering one of those teams has been caught using aimbots...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[NGAGE]
Members
2,988 posts
7,993 battles

I've gotten accused frequently of aimbots.

I run the vanilla client.

It's because I can aim. Honestly, aimbots would hurt because part of being decent at shooting is knowing where people will move to and an aimbot can't help with that.

[MIA]
Supertester, Supertester
6,439 posts
7,774 battles
20 minutes ago, FratStar4Life said:

Not a good example considering one of those teams has been caught using aimbots...

I don't recall a team using aimbots, besides it's pretty useless.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
9 minutes ago, Kousatsu said:

I don't recall a team using aimbots, besides it's pretty useless.

Dispersion ensures that it is not, in fact, useless. A ship can only move so far in a shell flight time and the horizontal and vertical dispersion of shells covers that distance in most cases. 

It's not an "I win" feature, mind you. If every shell I fired hit a target it's still no guaranty that I'm going to win. If everyone on my team is running it then it certainly stacks the deck. 

Members
21,850 posts
5,725 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

A lot of people are that good. Many of us have played thousands of games, and leading a target isn't rocket science, especially since many targets, even when maneuvering, are predictable.

Even hiding behind islands is no guarantee of safety. If you're spotted and slow/stationary, and my shells can hit you, they probably will, because at any given range, I know how far your ship is under your target marker, and the minimap tells me which way you're facing.

There are no "aimbots", which guarantee hits. The only cheat of that type is aim assist, which only guarantees you'll be hit if you're where the assist said you'd be 10 seconds later. And that only happens if you travel a straight course without varying speed.

If you're maneuvering and getting hit, it's either luck, or yes, the player is that good. (keeping in mind all it takes to get that good is experience. Even bad players who insist on doing silly things can shoot well if they have enough practice)

Members
21,850 posts
5,725 battles
22 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I've gotten accused frequently of aimbots.

I run the vanilla client.

It's because I can aim. Honestly, aimbots would hurt because part of being decent at shooting is knowing where people will move to and an aimbot can't help with that.

To be fair, an aim assist can help with that. Although, for that to make a difference, you'd have to be good at prediction, but bad at shooting, which seems like it would be rare.

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,170 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

As long as there are folks being too competitive about the game-play, there will be the opportunity for cheats to be developed.

It's a 'PAY TO WIN' thing, but there is the risk of being caught.

Not only are there aim-bots, but there are also 'Lag Spike Switches' that freeze everyone's controls, and visual add-ons that show where enemy shots are going to land.

WG has ways to detect the use of these:

I've had shots landing on me, that I swear - are from my own team.  More than once, I've accused a clan-mate of shooting at me..  Replay -- not there.  Details -- not there.  If I saw and avoided those shots -- TAGGED as a cheater.

I've fired perfectly set up shots, only to have all the shots land left or right of the target.  Replay shows I screwed up my aim.  I deduce WG inserted a visual error that make us shoot in the wrong place.  AimBot users don't use visual signs, so their shots will hit.  -- so if you hit the target, you are using an aim-bot.

Lag-Spikes are harder to track down.  Problem is that they can also be generated naturally by bad connections, weather events, and potato computers.  Operator diligence is the key here.  If you see 'convenient' spikes -- report them.  This appears as enemy ships not being spotted when open-water firing.  They will also jump around when they are in trouble, so you can't hit them.  Replay shows they are there all the time and you look stupid for not shooting them.  Replay doesn't show lag times either.

Its still very easy to Open water sleath fire. Hell was doing it all night in my khaba yesterday

[MIA]
Supertester, Supertester
6,439 posts
7,774 battles
7 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

Dispersion ensures that it is not, in fact, useless. A ship can only move so far in a shell flight time and the horizontal and vertical dispersion of shells covers that distance in most cases. 

It's not an "I win" feature, mind you. If every shell I fired hit a target it's still no guaranty that I'm going to win. If everyone on my team is running it then it certainly stacks the deck. 

Relatively as you said, not a win feature. Everyone can aim well enough.

While yes "illegal" I don't flip when I see someone exposed. Mostly disappointment, but everyone deserves second chance, no?

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,933 posts
10,549 battles

I've seen RU players streaming with warpack before. It adds so much crap to your screen idk how it's even possible to focus on the game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,944 posts
2 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Its still very easy to Open water sleath fire. Hell was doing it all night in my khaba yesterday

It is only 'legally' possible if you are kiting - at maximum range, and the target does not have lock.  They are sailing into your shots.

Gun-Range == detection range..  no buts about it.  If there was smoke or even the smallest dot of land between you and the target, then that's not open-water stealth firing.

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,170 battles
1 minute ago, AVR_Project said:

It is only 'legally' possible if you are kiting - at maximum range, and the target does not have lock.  They are sailing into your shots.

Gun-Range == detection range..  no buts about it.  If there was smoke or even the smallest dot of land between you and the target, then that's not open-water stealth firing.

Yes. But its still OWSF, if you have bait ensured to chase the traget so he doesnt gk the other way it is amazing to watch how many times you get called a hacker because you are able to do the OWSF exploit

Members
768 posts

1. Is their a Game Lawyer actively working on getting us victims of bots, spikes and chat [edited] doubloon compensation? 

2. How can I improve my blame game when my performance at sea is not so great? Calling someone who just one shot deleted my DD a cheater is so 2016.

3. If someone could PM me additional info on how these awful cowardly cheaters get these aimbots I would be most appreciative. Price, warranty, payment info etc 

mucho thanks

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,170 battles
6 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I've seen RU players streaming with warpack before. It adds so much crap to your screen idk how it's even possible to focus on the game.

Eh, its nice to have viarables on your screen such as radar boats/hydro boats/defensive boats/smoke boats/gun range/torpedo range/ speed/concealment. Normally i run around with those basic mods

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,170 battles

And trust me mist if these **Hackers** are just really good at the game. Sure i use mods, but never any visual game altering mods. Yesterday alone i was called a hacker 11/20 battles i played considering i was OWSF and was gettin more potential damage in my dd then i ever fid in my yamato. Trust me its not that they are **hacking** but rather they are good and experienced with glitches/exploita

[YORHA]
Members
3,971 posts
6,876 battles
7 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

1. Is their a Game Lawyer actively working on getting us victims of bots, spikes and chat [edited] doubloon compensation? 

2. How can I improve my blame game when my performance at sea is not so great? Calling someone who just one shot deleted my DD a cheater is so 2016.

3. If someone could PM me additional info on how these awful cowardly cheaters get these aimbots I would be most appreciative. Price, warranty, payment info etc 

mucho thanks

Not cool man.  Not cool...

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

There are aim bots out there, but they aren't capable of helping a player make what I would consider an impressive shot. An impressive shot to me, involves hitting an evading target. No aimbot that I'm aware of has the ability to predict what evasive maneuvers a target will take, and thus, where they will be when the shells arrive.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,881 posts
2,647 battles
16 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

And the Khab, with a short range and stupid good kiting abilities excels at it. I'm terrible on DDs, but I've done it several times on the PTS. It's not easy, but a good player and still pull it off.

St. Louis can do it too, as long as you're not running away from anything faster than 20knts.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,944 posts
11 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

mucho thanks

1)  You need to hire your own lawyer to represent your interests.  They run from $130 to $800 an hour.

2)  Rationalization is always cheaper.  Therapists run from $100 and up for 30 minute sessions.

3)  I would prefer not being complicit in any improper, damaging, or potentially illegal activities.  I'm sure there are many others willing to take your money.  Some might even work for it.

• Cool 1

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,170 battles
2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

And the Khab, with a short range and stupid good kiting abilities excels at it. I'm terrible on DDs, but I've done it several times on the PTS. It's not easy, but a good player and still pull it off.

St. Louis can do it too, as long as you're not running away from anything faster than 20knts.

Which is nearly everything :cap_haloween:

BRING BACK OWSF! MAKE WOWS GREAT AGAIN! :cap_rambo: