You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Providences

Make Stalinium Great Again! and...

8 comments in this topic

[NFC]
Members
29 posts
1,363 battles

...get rid of the nerf on Kirov's shell velocity. Seriously, who decided it was a great idea to nerf the only good aspect of the Kirov?

It has mediocre, if not bad HP.

Its detectability is awful.

Its armor is great-

at allowing you to get citadelled. 

The only thing good about the Kirov was that you had actual lasers on a tier 5 that could citadel any cruiser and a lot of broadside battleships. Though the nerf has been around for a WHILE, the Kirov has suffered greatly. 800 m/s shell velocity SUCKS. Not only that, but it has a 12 second reload. If I wanted to play a ship that had god awful shell velocity, I'd play the Cleveland or Atlanta.

I picked up the Kirov thinking it was going to be a great punisher at tier 5 with 180mm guns, but, I was so wrong. I understand that it was a light cruiser and had no the armor that of wet tissue paper. However, while the armor is what I imagined it to be, it's just the same as every other HE spamming CL in game. 

This ship would be so much better with a shell velocity around 925 m/s. 

[WOLF5]
Members
275 posts
5,205 battles

I've only been playing the Kirov for a couple of days and having reach tier 10 on the US Cruiser line, the guns on Kirov feels absolutely wonderful to me.  Reminds me of the guns on the US Cruiser Pensacola.  If they are that good now, they must have been wonderful at even higher velocity.  So yes, please give us more velocity on Kirov's guns.  :cap_haloween:

I've also reach tier 8 on German Cruiser line, their guns are flatter shooting then the US Cruiser line but do not feel as powerful or as accurate as those on the Russian Cruiser T5 Cruiser, Kirov.

[NFC]
Members
29 posts
1,363 battles
16 minutes ago, bigbearbeear said:

I've only been playing the Kirov for a couple of days and having reach tier 10 on the US Cruiser line, the guns on Kirov feels absolutely wonderful to me.  Reminds me of the guns on the US Cruiser Pensacola.  If they are that good now, they must have been wonderful at even higher velocity.  So yes, please give us more velocity on Kirov's guns.  :cap_haloween:

I've also reach tier 8 on German Cruiser line, their guns are flatter shooting then the US Cruiser line but do not feel as powerful or as accurate as those on the Russian Cruiser T5 Cruiser, Kirov.

The guns on the Pensacola have much flatter arcs than the Kirov. 

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,690 battles

Pretty sure there has not been a nerf to shell velocity to the Kirov before, though I could be wrong. There was testing in one PTS session for a gun reload decrease (implemented) and shell velocity increase (not implemented) and the change for shell velocity didn't translate to the live server.

[ANKER]
Members
229 posts
3,628 battles
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:32 PM, Providences said:

...get rid of the nerf on Kirov's shell velocity. Seriously, who decided it was a great idea to nerf the only good aspect of the Kirov?

It has mediocre, if not bad HP.

Its detectability is awful.

Its armor is great-

at allowing you to get citadelled. 

The only thing good about the Kirov was that you had actual lasers on a tier 5 that could citadel any cruiser and a lot of broadside battleships. Though the nerf has been around for a WHILE, the Kirov has suffered greatly. 800 m/s shell velocity SUCKS. Not only that, but it has a 12 second reload. If I wanted to play a ship that had god awful shell velocity, I'd play the Cleveland or Atlanta.

I picked up the Kirov thinking it was going to be a great punisher at tier 5 with 180mm guns, but, I was so wrong. I understand that it was a light cruiser and had no the armor that of wet tissue paper. However, while the armor is what I imagined it to be, it's just the same as every other HE spamming CL in game. 

This ship would be so much better with a shell velocity around 925 m/s. 

800m/s is really good though? It's the shell ballistics that matter. After all, NC has a MV in the low 700m/s range. But ironically, shell flight times don't change much compared to other guns for most ranges. 
The balancing point is, Kirov at Tier 5 has 9x 180mm guns with the strongest AP around. The best range bar Konigsberg too. The armor is historically paper...what do you want them to do? All the cruisers at the tier are pure paper. 
Kirov never had lasers...from the start it was meme'd to infamy with youtubers, it had those ballistics. 
Molotov has the 180mm guns from Tier 9, but that's Tier 6. You could citadel cruisers yes....but battleships were a rare occurrence. Even Konigsberg, I've scored citadels on battleships in random places. It's completely unreliable, but occasionally happens. 
The point of Kirov, is to teach your angling. Against other cruisers...their AP will bounce. You have better range too.  It has a high skill ceiling, after all. 
Even Cleveland is extremely powerful, you just have to work around the shell velocity. But it's a plus in that case, because you can derp shells over islands with impunity and start fires.

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
315 posts
9,431 battles
On 2/26/2018 at 1:08 AM, Stauffenberg44 said:

*coughcoughMolotovcoughcough!*

THIS