Sign in to follow this  
Quickiemart

chat and ingame discipline

8 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
4,423 battles

Seriously - this is just stupid, I literally watched several people get chat banned today for team speaking activity in chat - they did nothing wrong but because someone didn't like them - they were banned.

How about you look into it before you just ban them...

Here's another thought, if a team mate runs into you while you are firing, and you get the team killer discipline - how about fixing that so they get it for being stupid

Edited by DeviantPain
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,953 battles

WG has subscribed to the mob justice angle instead of paying the resources to monitor it themselves.

edit: whoever downvoted this, I'm curious if you actually think i'm wrong lol. it's exactly what they've done.

Edited by Pulicat
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,004 posts
13,719 battles

It takes more than one person reporting them to get a chat ban, so they upset a few at least with whatever was said. 

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles

How do you know when someone gets chat banned? I never knew you could be informed that some one else was banned. Then again I have never been banned and neither has my nephew, who actually calls people idiots and other non friendly stuff and he has never been banned. Weird huh.

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles
1 hour ago, Camo68 said:

It takes more than one person reporting them to get a chat ban, so they upset a few at least with whatever was said. 

There are some people who are just GD trolls when it comes to negative reports that lead to chat bans.  This is why the devs need to remove automatic chat bans.  Some people are excessively tolerant (to the point of not caring how vile the words someone might use), while other people get offended at the drop of a feather (let alone the drop of a hat).   And still other people will give negative reports, just because they can, just for the lulz.  This is a VERY unfair way to give out chat bans.

[SALVO]
Members
17,098 posts
17,769 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

How do you know when someone gets chat banned? I never knew you could be informed that some one else was banned. Then again I have never been banned and neither has my nephew, who actually calls people idiots and other non friendly stuff and he has never been banned. Weird huh.

It's all random, Dawg, which is why it's totally unfair.  Get a bunch of special snowflakes, you might get banned for looking at them the wrong way.  Get some people who don't give a flying fig what you say, and they might compliment you for the very same thing.  It's complete nonsense.

[DETN8]
Members
1 post
8,521 battles

Yeah I was chat banned today, maybe some of it was deserved, but earlier I was accused of hacking, which I do not do nor how to do. I was promptly chat banned two matches later. The snow flakes are out. Submitted a ticket about that guy accusing me of hacking though cause he was a total jerk. But the system just like the pink tk system is very unfair and needs to be revamped.

Members
1 post
126 battles

I was wondering, i've only been playing a  couple of weeks off and on and am still learning the game, i was playing earlier and someone accused me of cheating using something called a "FastHack"? could someone tell me what that is please? he got mad because i was quote...stealing his kills, but if someones firing at me i'm firing back, i can't help it if i've been playing naval combat games since the early 90's and know how to aim guns. he said he reported me and something called "blacklisted" i'd appreciate if anyone could clear this up for me. Thanks

Sign in to follow this