You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SaltyRat

Anonymous Compliments SUCK!

13 comments in this topic

[USMC_]
Members
249 posts
13,659 battles

I can understand why you dont tell us when someone gives us a negative report but it is lame that I cannot know who compliments me. I would love to be able to message them and thank them for the compliment instead, you force me to be arrogant!

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
21,733 posts
22,069 battles

I think that you mean ignorant, rather than arrogant.

• Funny 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,921 battles
34 minutes ago, SaltyRat said:

I can understand why you dont tell us when someone gives us a negative report but it is lame that I cannot know who compliments me. I would love to be able to message them and thank them for the compliment instead, you force me to be arrogant!

in NOTIFICATIONS it tells you if you were complimented AND/OR reported... and it really doesn't matter WHO did it....as long as you did well enough in game to get one...
Most I got was three +1s in a game...But I also get a few -1s as well...(mostly the chat report abuse that people spam to get people chat banned just for kicks) 

32 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I think that you mean ignorant, rather than arrogant.

yeah.... indeed...

[ADAPT]
Members
934 posts
15,987 battles
39 minutes ago, SaltyRat said:

SO?? what you gonna do? come forum and start rant thread ..why dont you make suggestion what you have in mind and stop the rant on everything..100 people like you gonna overload the forum thread..:Smile-angry:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
9,087 posts

I received a nice letter once from a student, complimenting me on my course and thanking me for presenting interesting information in an easy-to-learn fashion. It didn't bother me at all that it was sent anonymously.  

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,037 battles

Salty, Captain Ghostdog feels you. From one varmint to another I give you a "paws up" brother. Some of my best crew members are Rats and Cats on the BB DogPound.

th?id=OIP.c0RLUWO9RNjNxELKJKJM1AHaIt&pidth?id=OIP.xneuYVnw4DLY6Oo9pSxSPwHaLH&pid

[WOLF9]
Members
10,283 posts
4,370 battles

Is it .. is it ... an admirer ?  ..  Or a stalker ?!?        :Smile_ohmy:

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
57 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

in NOTIFICATIONS it tells you if you were complimented AND/OR reported... and it really doesn't matter WHO did it....as long as you did well enough in game to get one...
Most I got was three +1s in a game...But I also get a few -1s as well...(mostly the chat report abuse that people spam to get people chat banned just for kicks) 

yeah.... indeed...

BTW it only shows when you are complimented, not when reported (unless that report resulted in a ban).

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,921 battles
56 minutes ago, bandits86 said:

SO?? what you gonna do? come forum and start rant thread ..why dont you make suggestion what you have in mind and stop the rant on everything..100 people like you gonna overload the forum thread..:Smile-angry:

not NEARLY as many as people like YOU who overload with non constructive troll posts such as this.....
Geesh man.... why so med??? its only game....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles
1 hour ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

BTW it only shows when you are complimented, not when reported (unless that report resulted in a ban).

That's false propaganda. It most certainly does tell you when you were reported regardless of whether there is a chat ban or not.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,271 posts
3,615 battles
Just now, IronMike11B4O said:

That's false propaganda. It most certainly does tell you when you were reported regardless of whether there is a chat ban or not.

Wait... but I distinctly remember by karma lowering by one but not ever receiving a notification...

I also haven't gotten notifications for compliments either.

Maybe there's some setting I've missed or something...

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles
53 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Wait... but I distinctly remember by karma lowering by one but not ever receiving a notification...

Nope it's just awesome Russian engineering. They show good and bad for only a few seconds then sometimes show in notifications. They are supposed to show just like the game is never supposed to freeze up or log out to the startup menu after battles as well.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,147 posts
21,333 battles
1 hour ago, warpath_33 said:

I have never seen a notification for losing karma and being a potato player, have lost my fair share. I always see a notification for a karma gain though, even multiples will show up. Normally figuring out who is giving you karma is pretty easy, someone will generally say "good work" or the like in the game. In almost all cases of getting negative karma, I am at a loss for who handed it out since I never say anything in chat other than where I am going or to pass on info to the team like "he just used his damage control, get him burning", stuff like that. I assume I get negative karma from a team mate who thinks I suck enough to warrant a report or from one of the reds who on those rare occasions I sink, think that losing their ship to a potato like me, deserves a karma reduction. Personally I don't care all that much although I do like the idea of being able to return the favor when receiving a point of it, back to whomever gave it out.