Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DudeWhereIsMyTank

Is it worth researching / buying Des Moines?

8 comments in this topic

[-S-R-]
Alpha Tester
788 posts
7,697 battles

Looks like soon usa cruiser line will split. I have just enough xp in Baltimore to research Des Moines. If worth researching and buying it now?

If i have des moines will i also get teir 10 ca in second line?

If I have baltimore will I get tier 9 ca in second line? Will the ca in second line have same amount of xp as i have on Baltimore right now?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,155 posts
14,555 battles

I doubt you'll get the Tier X USN CL for free just by having Des Moines' on hand.

When the RU DD Line Split happened, I already had Khabarovsk, but Grozovoi was not handed out to me.  I still had to grind to the Groz.  What you do get are the revamped ships that you have already.

I had Tier VII Kiev and got the VIII version when the change went live.

I had Tier V Gnevny and got the VI version.

I had Tier VI Ognevoi and got the VIII version.

Etc.

As for going for DM, that depends.  Did you enjoy Baltimore and found out how to make her work?  Then DM is better in that same function.  The problem many will have with DM is that she's completely unlike the more traditional ranged spammers like Zao, Hindenburg, Moskva, Roon, etc.  You try to play long range spam like those other Tier X Cruisers with DM, you're going to have a bad day.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,416 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

As for going for DM, that depends.  Did you enjoy Baltimore and found out how to make her work?  Then DM is better in that same function. 

Balti is also tankier than the DM, so if you feel like the Balti is squishy then you may not enjoy the DM.

[SYN]
Members
4,548 posts
11,437 battles
2 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

Balti is also tankier than the DM, so if you feel like the Balti is squishy then you may not enjoy the DM.

^^ This.

I don't have the DM to compare with, but the Baltimore does seem fairly resistant to taking big-number citadel hits.  The Baltimore can take a licking.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,811 posts
9,887 battles

a simple search in the forum would already gave the answer to this question.

or simply go to the respected sub forum USN cruiser and you will see people had discussed about this over and over which also gave you the depth of info of educated guesses based on the last split.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,443 battles

the answer is a simple YES.... GET THE DM....it will still be a DM even with another Cruiser line... and it is a DM so yes, get it...

Edited by pmgaudio

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,783 battles

Baltimore doesn't have a citadel through its bow, the Des Moines does. That is something to keep in mind.

Sign in to follow this