Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Sorry, but 8 "Reports" per game are not enough

24 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
3,973 posts
6,880 battles

When I play this badly...

pvlYLEa.jpg

And end up 3rd on the team I need more than just 8 "Report bad player" s to calm me down.  I know it doesn't do anything, but it keeps me from raging in chat.

Maybe 11 per game would be better.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 4

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,897 posts
4,227 battles
12 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

When I play this badly...

pvlYLEa.jpg

And end up 3rd on the team I need more than just 8 "Report bad player" s to calm me down.  I know it doesn't do anything, but it keeps me from raging in chat.

I mean, I dealt all of 4000 damage in a Cruiser once and still got third in the team.

[SYN]
Members
3,341 posts
15,869 battles

You do realise that a report only decreases the person's karma if they get two reports in the match?

[YORHA]
Members
3,973 posts
6,880 battles
3 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

You do realise that a report only decreases the person's karma if they get two reports in the match?

Yup.  It's just to make me feel better.

58 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

(looks for missing half of the story)

I already said I played badly.  What do you think is missing?

[-BRS-]
Members
2,396 posts
15,427 battles
24 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

I already said I played badly.  What do you think is missing?

That's the problem

If a CV plays bad the whole game sucks for the whole team

We depend on your good play

[WOLF5]
Members
1,886 posts
2,647 battles

I feel ya.  There have been times when the team can't figure out which direction the reds, much less the caps, are. I die quickly doing a few K of damage, hit esc to seal club in something low tier, come back. Congrats, you were second:Smile_facepalm:

On a similar note, we really need a Try Harder award for having the highest BXP on either team and still losing.

[STAR]
Members
3,303 posts
8,120 battles

This doesnt mean anything. You could be sitting at max range farming damage all the game while your team died. You get a good damage and XP and yet played poorly. 

And about reports, unfortunately they dont do anything put of 24hrs chat ban. Which is Sad...

Edited by Xlap

Members
828 posts
6,341 battles

Lol I got chatbanned for serious insults for five times already. One note I'm perma chat banned. Imo we need to have unlimited chat bans so I don't have to refrain from cussing ppl out.

[SYN]
Members
3,341 posts
15,869 battles
1 hour ago, _Dracarys said:

Lol I got chatbanned for serious insults for five times already. One note I'm perma chat banned. Imo we need to have unlimited chat bans so I don't have to refrain from cussing ppl out.

Looks like the chat ban system is working as intended.  A consequence has been set and If you don't learn from the first five you will have earned your permanent ban.

• Cool 2

[YORHA]
Members
3,973 posts
6,880 battles
12 hours ago, silverdahc said:

That's the problem

If a CV plays bad the whole game sucks for the whole team

We depend on your good play

Pssst...  Missouri isn't a CV.

• Funny 1

[-BRS-]
Members
2,396 posts
15,427 battles
22 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Pssst...  Missouri isn't a CV.

LOL sorry I thought you were the CV in the post

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

May I ask, why can't people play poorly?  I know I'm new and I'm having wild swings of good/great play and bad/poor play, but spamming reports seems a bit overboard. I'm no snowflake, you can m-f me in chat all day if you want, but how can what you are doing make you feel better?  For that moment, at least, you are one of the losers on the losing team, period. 

If this game is how you earn a living, then I suppose I can empathize with your getting that wrapped up in it. I'm very competitive and push to win, but I'm not losing money when I lose a ship battle. Cheers

• Cool 4

[NGAGE]
Members
3,006 posts
7,993 battles
12 hours ago, Xlap said:

This doesnt mean anything. You could be sitting at max range farming damage all the game while your team died. You get a good damage and XP and yet played poorly. 

And about reports, unfortunately they dont do anything put of 24hrs chat ban. Which is Sad...

That xp report looks like the bbs didn't support the dds, given that dds topped the scoreboard.

[YORHA]
Members
3,973 posts
6,880 battles
24 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

May I ask, why can't people play poorly?  I know I'm new and I'm having wild swings of good/great play and bad/poor play, but spamming reports seems a bit overboard. I'm no snowflake, you can m-f me in chat all day if you want, but how can what you are doing make you feel better?  For that moment, at least, you are one of the losers on the losing team, period. 

If this game is how you earn a living, then I suppose I can empathize with your getting that wrapped up in it. I'm very competitive and push to win, but I'm not losing money when I lose a ship battle. Cheers

In my case it's because I set standards for myself and I fell far short of them.

In this case I got out of position taking the far eastern cap (mistake 1) and by the time I got back into the fight most of my team had got themselves killed stupidly.  I was the last player on the team to get killed but by that time it was too late to turn the tide.  The second mistake I made was chasing the Chappy (I think) who was kiting north.  I forgot he was in a Division and, in retrospect, I see he was leading me away from the fight and into an ambush with his Division partner.  Both were bad decisions on my part.

When the battle ended I fully expected to be at or near the bottom of the ranking but, lo and behold, there I was # 3.

As to using the report button I like it precisely because it is useless.  It makes me feel better (kind of a pressure valve) without making me looking like a complete a*****e in chat while having no effect on the other player.  In fact I am trying to stay away from chat altogether.  If I need to communicate I do it using clicks on the map.  It has the same effect as using chat which is, in 99% of the cases, nothing but I can avoid  the likelihood of of looking like the aforementioned a*****e.

Edited by JCC45

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles
20 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

In my case it's because I set standards for myself and I fell far short of them.

In this case I got out of position taking the far eastern cap (mistake 1) and by the time I got back into the fight most of my team had got themselves killed stupidly.  I was the last player on the team to get killed but by that time it was too late to turn the tide.  The second mistake I made was chasing the Chappy (I think) who was kiting north.  I forgot he was in a Division and, in retrospect, I see he was leading me away from the fight and into an ambush with his Division partner.  Both were bad decisions on my part.

When the battle ended I fully expected o be at or near the bottom of the ranking but, lo and behold, there I was # 3.

But why do you assume that the other players on your team, or enough of them at least, do not similarly set standards for themselves which they failed to live up to in this particular instance?  Why is your loss the result of momentary bad play, while theirs is the result of being bad players?  Do you feel you also deserve 11 "plays poorly" reports for the match?  If so, fine, but if that's the case everyone should receive a pile of "plays poorly" after every loss - which diminishes the admittedly very limited point of filing that particular report down to nothing.

Edited by Lillehuntrix
  • Cool 2

[YORHA]
Members
3,973 posts
6,880 battles
1 hour ago, Lillehuntrix said:

But why do you assume that the other players on your team, or enough of them at least, do not similarly set standards for themselves which they failed to live up to in this particular instance?  Why is your loss the result of momentary bad play, while theirs is the result of being bad players?  Do you feel you also deserve 11 "plays poorly" reports for the match?  If so, fine, but if that's the case everyone should receive a pile of "plays poorly" after every loss - which diminishes the admittedly very limited point of filing that particular report down to nothing.

There is no effect to filing the report.  That is the point.  So if I received 11 "Plays Badly" that would be fine with me.  I already know I played badly.  I have no way of knowing if the others possess that level of self awareness.

So if a Yamato, Hindenburg and Saint Louis  have set the standard for themselves of camping on the furthest border and accomplishing nothing, then they should perhaps re-visit their standards, no?  Tiers I-VI are one thing.  A Tier X battle should be something else, shouldn't it?

[CAST]
Members
1,484 posts
7,924 battles

I only report a player for playing badly if they totally ignore the team objectives, for hiding behind an island all game, or border hugging for the whole game.  Low XP isn't necessarily going to generate a report from me unless I see the previous bits of info being checked off. 

It can be frustrating to see a lemming train forming at the beginning of the game.  You and a couple of other players avoid the lemming train and hold off 6 or 7 enemy ships, only to get flanked because your 9 ship lemming train got stomped by the 5 ships they encountered.  I'll often observe play from a spectator point of view if I happen to leave the game due to an early death, usually due to something stupid I did, but sometimes because my support ships all suddenly decided that they should occupy the same island hideout and couldn't shoot any of the DDs I spotted near a cap.  You can get a pretty good idea of how a player plays through observation.  I have seen CA/CL players routinely shoot over broadside DDs that are 7km away, to farm fire damage from bow-on BBs 18km away., just because BBs are easier to hit.  I've seen BBs do the same thing with close BBs, where they shoot over a broadside half health BB, in order to shoot a CA/CL that is much farther away, just because the CA/CL is much more vulnerable to impact from BB shots, but they miss because of the cruiser's speed.  You just want to report everyone.

I got asked if I was a WOWs elitist the other day.  I guess it was because I made a statement that the players hugging the border should probably get in the game to help out.  The other player stated that they weren't a unicum player like I must be and that they only play for fun.  They indicated that I must be a WOWs elitist.   LOL.  I had to respond that I was just an average joe player, but that everyone playing the game should at least try to play to win.  After all, it isn't a Sunday sailing simulator.  Its a warship game where the players are in combat against each other.  I never checked my karma after the match, to see if it changed.

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles

I think the whole report system is stupid as hell.  Your just not in the player in the other ship and you don't always know their situation, plan or reasoning.   Sure their situation, plan or reasoning might be in error but since you can't read their mind and are not in control of their ship you can't know your right either.

I think a prime example is something that happened to me the other day.

No one would cap because there were a couple DDs lurking near the cap circle.  We were going to lose so me and another BB after much prompting to our team from both us that we need to cap and cap now or lose, gave up and pushed cap ourselves and got caught in the most beautify DD ambush I have ever seem.  I doubt it was intentional but due to circumstance both of us got deleted within seconds of each other and the team started in on both of us for getting killed.

Of course we were like, "We were going to lose anyway if we didn't cap and why the hell didn't you support"  I started in on an full health Atlanta that was right behind us hiding behind an island.  I told him that if he had supported us in his role which is Anti-DD and used his radar to prevent us from getting ambushed we would have killed the DDs and took the cap.  His response back was that if he had came out he would have been spotted by the enemy BBs and deleted to which I replied "Sometimes you got to take risks to win".

Point here is who was right in this argument?  He absolutely might have been deleted if he came out from behind the island and lets be honest here,  the other my and the other BBs decision to push cap unsupported only resulted in the enemy scramming two near full health BBs.  On the other hand, that Atlanta's participation might have been the swing factor in that engagement which might of resulted in us scramming two enemy DDs and taking the cap even if it was at the expense of losing the Atlanta which would have been a more than fair trade in my book.  However, he isn't playing to sacrifice himself and he doesn't get "bonus" credits and XP by doing so, so what incentive does he have to play in a fashion that will get him killed, when he can maybe get 100k damage while hidding behind an island.  

So do I report him for being a bad player?  Should he report us?  How about us, the two BBs trying to push a cap, reporting that entire rest of the team for "Plays Poorly" due to their decision to, collectively, not support us in pushing a cap or  honestly doing anything to play the objective and actually cap?   Who is right and who is wrong and what gives me the right to judge them when I am not in their shoes. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this