Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Izumo Chronicles: Day 2

5 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
545 posts
6,427 battles

Captain's Log: 26 February 2018

Today I was not able to do extended testing on the Izumo due to my time being spent elsewhere (Operation Free XP Spam.) However, the two games I played in her furthered my assumption that the guns are very effective, especially against bow on cruisers. Her lack of armor continues to frustrate me, not to the point of giving up the ship however. I will say the Izumo likes to take penetrations up the, ahem, "aft." While I have not experienced the legendary citadel pen from that angle, getting normal penned by a plethora of BBs and CAs still hurts just as much(This ship loves to give me dreadnought medals). I have forgone concealment on my captain, instead speccing into Fire Prevention. This choice so far has been useful; I have received a lot less damage from the HE spam I tend to attract. Even with concealment expert I am seen from space so the trade-off so far has been worth it. I will say I am getting a tad concerned: I am starting to enjoy this ship a bit. Then again this assumption could be reversed given a string of bad games. For now however, the Izumo stays a net positive in my book.

shot-18_02.25_14_18.00-0245.thumb.jpg.48f57e85f77db63ca9b5353b0bc06617.jpg

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,090 posts
6,231 battles

I enjoyed my time in Izzy, mind you I free xp'd past the stock hull. I tend not to spec heavily in one direction and always pick some AA beneficial setups on ships and captains so I rarely found myself being targeted by CV's.

Members
473 posts
9,757 battles

By the time I had enough xp for the Yamato I had really started to enjoy this ship, however there is no reason I can see to keep a T9 ship once the T10 is in port so as much as it was a fun ship once I got used to it, it was just a fling and she is sold.

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,672 battles

The only ship I have ever spent free XP to move past. And it was only half of the final XP cost for Yamato.

Sign in to follow this