Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Peregrinas

Taking my leave from the forums

31 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
3,177 posts
10,049 battles

What happened a couple days ago has been a serious wake up call for me. An apology will most likely fall flat, so I’m not issuing one, but actions speak louder than words. I will stop posting on the forums to cut my bad habit of complaining about almost everything that upsets me, while I work on my in game attitude. I’m not like this in a couple other multiplayer games that I play, likely because I’m almost entirely inactive on their forums, so that is my end goal here.

If a typhoon league clan wants to give me a second chance, feel free to message me, I will respond to messages. But this is my last forum post. A lot of you are probably thinking “good riddance,” but I’m not doing this for you, I’m doing this for the betterment of myself.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
10 minutes ago, Peregrinas said:

but I’m not doing this for you, I’m doing this for the betterment of myself.

This is definitely the right answer.  I hope it works out for you.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
185 posts
6,356 battles

Best of luck and might I recommend that Aslains has a disable battle chat mod. Maybe give it a go and just enjoy the game as is each match. It never hurts to reset a little and come back refreshed. I think it says a lot that you are willing to take a step back as we get too caught up and invested. I have 15k games in WOT and 5k-ish here and have absolutely needed to do that myself.

Beta Testers
1,602 posts
10,089 battles
36 minutes ago, Peregrinas said:

I’m doing this for the betterment of myself.

Realizing you can do yourself some good by attempting change is a good step.

[TBW]
Members
8,014 posts
14,639 battles

Hope it all works out for you, I have no problems with you and your posts. Apparently I missed something. Good Luck and fair RNGs.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,616 battles

I'm glad you are trying change things, I hope it works out for you. 

Fair winds and following seas Peregrinas! :Smile_honoring:

[STW]
Members
696 posts
5,282 battles

Cutting out the forums won't fix whatever it is that makes you act so toxic. You might want to look at yourself a little harder and work on the issue, not just the symptoms.

[ADOPT]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,587 posts
4,182 battles
1 hour ago, Peregrinas said:

What happened a couple days ago has been a serious wake up call for me. An apology will most likely fall flat, so I’m not issuing one, but actions speak louder than words. I will stop posting on the forums to cut my bad habit of complaining about almost everything that upsets me, while I work on my in game attitude. I’m not like this in a couple other multiplayer games that I play, likely because I’m almost entirely inactive on their forums, so that is my end goal here.

If a typhoon league clan wants to give me a second chance, feel free to message me, I will respond to messages. But this is my last forum post. A lot of you are probably thinking “good riddance,” but I’m not doing this for you, I’m doing this for the betterment of myself.

Takes alot of courage to say what you just did. Good luck to you and fair seas.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,895 posts
15,569 battles

The same internal DNA that drives our survival is tapped when we are in competition.  The more significant the competition, the more we tap that DNA.  It is closely coupled to adrenaline...anger...and what we call toxicity.  It is in all of us.  And quite frankly, if it were not in our ancestors, we would not be here.  

Based on your clan tag, you come from a highly competitive environment.  The higher the competition, the more those instincts are going to boil to the top.  There is a very thin line between maximizing "game" performance and keeping those instincts from boiling over in an explosion of collateral damage.  There is a reason fights break out during professional sporting events.

As you take your break, keep in mind that the tendency to get toxic is a normal "tendency".  It's our human ability to suppress it that makes us "human".  And the first sign of that is recognizing it exists.  Which is obvious from your post.  So...godspeed on your break.   Cheers.  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,701 posts
7,500 battles

Good luck with it.

Sometimes, I think we need a 12 step program that helps us to stop on the forum and to stop playing WG games, we might all be better people if we did.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,767 posts
2 hours ago, Peregrinas said:

Best of luck. See you on the seas mate

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
8,015 battles

I must have missed something also. Good luck bud. It is just a game when it's all said and done. Games are supposed to be fun and to help escape the serious crap in life.

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
11,906 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Hope it all works out for you, I have no problems with you and your posts. Apparently I missed something. Good Luck and fair RNGs.

this is EXACTLY what I was thinking and wanted to say.... good for you mate,,,, hope to see you again,.. not sure what happened but this place has a way of wearing on your very SOUL!!!!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this