Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zubalkabir

What happens to French BBs when the tech tree comes?

17 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
437 posts
5,760 battles

I got the Bretagne.  Right now it is showing up like it's a premium ship.  When the full tech tree is loaded in an update, will it be converted to a regular ship?  The reason I'm asking is because, while it's an okay BB I suppose, it's not especially fun or interesting.  So will I actually get the benefit of grinding experience points toward upgrading to the next tier?  Or will it all be wasted?

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,059 battles

it will be a regular ship in your port.

Edited by jager_geist

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

I'd imagine you will get the regular version as a replacement and lose the stats and exp you gained on the sneak peek version.  

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

If you notice the Gold Chain surrounding the Icon is closed. this means you own it but cannot use the exp nor advance the line as of yet. A premium is a open laurel wreath which means it is a elite ship and can use the exp obtained.

[LOU1]
Members
3,043 posts
8,128 battles
12 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

I'd imagine you will get the regular version as a replacement and lose the stats and exp you gained on the sneak peek version.  

Xp will still be on the ship.  You will lose the ability to transfer Commanders in and out of the ship without training.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
667 posts
12,354 battles

I hope they keep XP :D 

Grinding Lyon so I can upgrade to Richelieu and continue that french campaign. : D

[LOU1]
Members
3,043 posts
8,128 battles

I was looking for where it is posted, but WOWS specifically says that you can get a start on grinding the line by earning XP to use when the line is unlocked.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,949 posts
7,519 battles
21 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

If you notice the Gold Chain surrounding the Icon is closed. this means you own it but cannot use the exp nor advance the line as of yet. A premium is a open laurel wreath which means it is a elite ship and can use the exp obtained.

That's not how the closed and open wreath thing works, man. Lol.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

That's not how the closed and open wreath thing works, man. Lol.

yeah? Use the Exp to convert to Free Exp in your Gold chained Boat I dare you. or use the Exp to research the the tier 9 french boat. The chain symbolizes LOCKED

[OPG]
Members
3,972 posts
5,678 battles

What happens to the commanders on the French BBs?  Right now I have a 19 point Henri captain I've dedicated to the Lyon.  When tree goes live, will I have to retrain him onto the Lyon?

[HINON]
Members
9,030 posts
1 minute ago, yashma said:

What happens to the commanders on the French BBs?  Right now I have a 19 point Henri captain I've dedicated to the Lyon.  When tree goes live, will I have to retrain him onto the Lyon?

Yes.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
621 posts
54 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

I was looking for where it is posted, but WOWS specifically says that you can get a start on grinding the line by earning XP to use when the line is unlocked.

That is what I was praying to hear - have enough on the Normandie to get the Lyon.

Awesome

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,949 posts
7,519 battles
45 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

yeah? Use the Exp to convert to Free Exp in your Gold chained Boat I dare you. or use the Exp to research the the tier 9 french boat. The chain symbolizes LOCKED

I already have converted the XP, every day. The closed circle denotes availability, as you'll note if you keep an eye on the ones that rotate in and out of the tech tree and store. In this specific case, it's a closed circle because they're only available a certain way, and not everyone will, or can, get them, ie; Exclusives, and they'll convert to tech tree ships shortly.

[OPG3]
Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,846 battles

Sub_Octavian confirmed already that the exp on the preview versions will be transferred to the regular tech tree versions.

I assume that the modules will need to be unlocked once you get the tech tree version but it is still an advantage to have that extra exp already available on the ship.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,674 posts
3,824 battles
13 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

The chain relates to the current premium ship availability in the tech tree purchasable by doubloons, only Musashi and Missouri still have the chains as they are not obtainable by doubloons, but by another means.

The icon changes from chains to wreaths and vise versa when rotations happens in the tech tree doubloon ships.

Exp can still be converted on any of the gold chain icon ships using doubloons, wouldn't make any sense as to why they wouldn't allow you to do so.

So you can convert any xp on the 4 french battleships using doubloons, but there is no point in doing it yet until the French BB line comes live in case any of that xp is needed to research the next ship or upgrade the modules (If you don't get the ships in their upgraded forms once the patch hits which is unlikely, but you never know)

Sign in to follow this