You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
XX_Emeraldking_XX

I have another delimma

7 comments in this topic

[HAIFU]
Members
307 posts
5,743 battles

Ok, so today is my birthday and I got 100 dollars. Now I'm looking to spend some on a couple ships. But what do I do now?

My original plan was to get a tier 8 premium, but that might be changing.

Triptiz

Alabama

Kii

Atago

Loyang

Both HSF ships

Maybe a combination of some

What do you guys think?

[O_O]
Members
5,325 posts
12,239 battles

My #1 recommendation out of all of those would be Tirpitz.  After that, HSF Harekaze, but buying both will put you over $100.

[FACT]
[FACT]
Members
594 posts
8,678 battles

Tirpitz!! Happy Birthday. Have a good one.

Edited by Gruntdog_3
Forgot comment.

Members
3,648 posts
6,869 battles

I think it very much depends on your skill level. Are you very good at avoidinging damage? Have you developed a good sense of map positioning and awareness to the enemy destroyers' possible location? Do you have good marksmanship for all guns shooting shells fast and slow?

If your answer is no, I would recommend not to buy a tier 8 premium just yet.

If your answer is "sometimes" or "maybe?", a good ol' Tirpitz is always on the job. It has its limitations of course, but at first, she will be a hard fighting hard biting mother of a ship to fight in. At a point, however, she'll start to feel limiting, and I call this point "55% win rate". More often than not will you feel that Tirpitz takes a little too much damage while dealing not enough with only 8 15 inch guns that deal consistent damage, but hits fewer citadel shots that really distinguishes a unicum from a good player.

If your answer is yes, you know your tricks, you know how good you are and you wish to take the win and loss of games as a matter of your own, HSF Harekaze and Lo Yang are for you. Both are very competent very versatile tier 8 destroyers capable of delivering a heavy impact in any game under any matchmaking conditions. Alternatively, Alabama and Atago are also good for your taking. Alabama's limited by her 1.8 sigma, Atago's 16 second reload leaves much to be desired, but both are renowned worthy wallet warriors that have proven themselves in World of Warships.

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[TBW]
Members
8,014 posts
14,639 battles

If you like DD's the Harekaze is nice. I prefer Alabama over Tirpitz. Happy Birthaversary, the actual birth day is always spent with your mother and usually a doctor and a couple nurses.

[SYN]
Members
3,504 posts
17,982 battles

The answer lies in what ship type you most enjoy playing, there are no bad ships in the ones you have highlighted.

I would only caution that DD play relies heavily on knowledge of spotting mechanics, map awareness and ship attributes (particularly radar & hydro ranges etc) to get the most from the ships.  If you don't have experience in DD play at higher levels it will take a while to get up to speed and this may impact on your enjoyment of them.