You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

These "Be Free" rewards?

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,785 posts
4,594 battles

I've gotten a few Be Free accomplishments ("Play a battle") that look like Mission completions (though they don't seem to appear in the Missions list).  The reward is (tonight anyway) +300 FXP.  Which is really nice, but I have no clue how or when it's applied.  It certainly does not seem to have been applied to the battle that earned the reward, nor does it seem to be applied to the next battle.

Anyone know?

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,785 posts
4,594 battles

Ah, okay.  Thanks.

Any idea how the reward is applied?

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,853 posts
4,861 battles

Free EXP is normally miniscule, so without massive bonus stacking it won't be very noticeable.

Also, it is awarded by merely playing so you would always get it with any T5+ ships.

[O_O]
Members
5,774 posts
13,315 battles

This bonus, combined with the +200% daily win bonus, premium time, Frosty Fir camo and the following signals (Equal Speed Charlie London, Papa Papa, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, Hydra), has been resulting in Free XP earnings of 13,000+ per game (first win only).  :cap_fainting:

Be Free, indeed! 

Just...dayum:

Spoiler

p04wXTQ.jpg

Edited by desmo_2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,785 posts
4,594 battles

That's impressive.  I'm sure there are Big Mo wannadrives having orgasms all weekend.

But where you're seeing ~80% FXP, I'm seeing more like 30% (granted, not mounting the special flags).  I'll try to get some better numbers today. 

[PVE]
Members
2,299 posts
5,509 battles

Thanks for the original question and answers. I was wondering the exact same thing.

[TDG]
Members
1,730 posts
9,866 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

That's impressive.  I'm sure there are Big Mo wannadrives having orgasms all weekend.

But where you're seeing ~80% FXP, I'm seeing more like 30% (granted, not mounting the special flags).  I'll try to get some better numbers today. 

I may be answering what you already know, but here goes anyway.

Free XP is based on the Ship XP (after all modifiers).  The first step is 5% of Ship XP.  All the Free XP modifiers add Free XP based on this value.  Papa Papa adds 300% and Be Free adds another 100% (from the Missions article, at work and not able to check in game).  This should result in Free XP being 25% of Ship XP.  There are flags that add 777% and 250% that can be included with this to get another ~50%, or 75% of Ship XP.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
11,785 posts
4,594 battles
15 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

and Be Free adds another 100%

I've seen the 100% but it was 300% last night. (Hopefully still today.)  So Papa Papa + Be Free + Frosty Fir (50%) = 6.5 x 5% or 32.5% XP.

Hadn't figured in the 777% flag.  (6.5 + 7.77) * 5% = 71.35%  Yeah, that's a difference.  Wish I had some of them (still waiting on PT rewards).

Thanks.

[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,682 posts
7,356 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I've seen the 100% but it was 300% last night. (Hopefully still today.)  So Papa Papa + Be Free + Frosty Fir (50%) = 6.5 x 5% or 32.5% XP.

Hadn't figured in the 777% flag.  (6.5 + 7.77) * 5% = 71.35%  Yeah, that's a difference.  Wish I had some of them (still waiting on PT rewards).

Thanks.

You can even exceed the xp earned with that special year of the dog camo (Spring Sky Camo that offers +200% xp and +777% free xp)

6L3ug1r.jpg

• Cool 1

[TDG]
Members
1,730 posts
9,866 battles
2 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

You can even exceed the xp earned with that special year of the dog camo (Spring Sky Camo that offers +200% xp and +777% free xp)

6L3ug1r.jpg

I wish I were good enough to get results like that.