You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CheapWine

Firing from beyond visual range

4 comments in this topic

[B-K-N]
Members
30 posts
8,143 battles

I thought they had done away with being able to fire from beyond visual range without uncovering but I just had a game where an Atlanta was able to fire his auto cannons non stop from beyond visual range at me.  No smoke, no islands, no bad weather just open ocean and  a steady stream of tracers from beyond visual range with out him ever becoming uncovered.  I tried to close the range but he was faster and I wasn't able to get within visual range.   In my opinion this is [edited] but I'm sure the response to this will be that if I want to pay to win I can buy  this ship.

[H-WS]
Members
324 posts
5,065 battles

Since Atlanta is well known for it's floaty arcs, my guess is he sat just beyond gun range and let you sail into his shots.  If the same thing were to happen again, I recommend reversing.  it forces him to get closer than his max range to hit you.

Edited by Horama

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,697 posts
9,923 battles
24 minutes ago, Horama said:

Since Atlanta is well known for it's floaty arcs, my guess is he sat just beyond gun range and let you sail into his shots.  If the same thing were to happen again, I recommend reversing.  it forces him to get closer than his max range to hit you.

Yeah, pretty much this. Don't even necessarily need to be a ship with floaty arcs... it's hard to do consistently, but it's definitely A Thing.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
5 hours ago, CheapWine said:

I thought they had done away with being able to fire from beyond visual range without uncovering but I just had a game where an Atlanta was able to fire his auto cannons non stop from beyond visual range at me.  No smoke, no islands, no bad weather just open ocean and  a steady stream of tracers from beyond visual range with out him ever becoming uncovered.  I tried to close the range but he was faster and I wasn't able to get within visual range.   In my opinion this is [edited] but I'm sure the response to this will be that if I want to pay to win I can buy  this ship.

the penalty on his end is that he can't lock you up so his dispersion is significantly worse than if he was in range. 

ANY ship can shoot at a target from beyond visual range as the target closes.

You can go ahead and kick at the sand and cry about it or just don't chase down ships that are kiting you from beyond visual range. Your choice.