Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Incendiary_Tanker

Zao-sama!!!

16 comments in this topic

Members
1,352 posts
1,345 battles

LoqNGwW.jpg

Ha ha hell yes! I have a teir X!! Lot's of thanks to Furutaka, the xp that she brought home was quite the memes! 

Looking forward to playing her, played her a bit on my Corgi account. While she's not the perfect match like Kutuzov was, she will do nicely~ 

• Cool 4

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,026 posts
19,622 battles

She's  much better then Kutuzov.  You'll enjoy her.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
8,943 posts
7,885 battles

She is like a Kutuzow. But with Stealth, and without smoke, and you don't need IFHE :3

• Funny 1

Members
1,352 posts
1,345 battles
1 hour ago, Warped_1 said:

She's  much better then Kutuzov.  You'll enjoy her.

B... but, Kutuzov is cute~ She has that amazing bridge~~ 

*Gets slapped by Furutaka* 

[-TNT-]
Members
826 posts
15,588 battles

Say, are you able to use a spotter plane to increase her range? Does her firing arc allow you to hit targets behind islands?

Members
3,878 posts
20,884 battles
On 2/25/2018 at 4:35 AM, Incendiary_Tanker said:

LoqNGwW.jpg

Ha ha hell yes! I have a teir X!! Lot's of thanks to Furutaka, the xp that she brought home was quite the memes! 

Looking forward to playing her, played her a bit on my Corgi account. While she's not the perfect match like Kutuzov was, she will do nicely~ 

So, how is Zao treating you so far? I find her to be very weak in the current meta.

Beta Testers
1,280 posts
2,433 battles

Congrats on getting her.. I'm envious.. I've wanted her so bad for the last two years i could taste it, but i suck so badly i'll probably never get her..

Members
1,352 posts
1,345 battles
On 2018/4/3 at 1:01 AM, Fog_Battleship_Mikasa said:

Congrats on getting her.. I'm envious.. I've wanted her so bad for the last two years i could taste it, but i suck so badly i'll probably never get her..

You just beed a little free xp. :cap_haloween:

Members
1,352 posts
1,345 battles
On 2018/3/12 at 12:43 PM, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Say, are you able to use a spotter plane to increase her range? Does her firing arc allow you to hit targets behind islands?

Oof late but I'll awnser anyway. Zao doesn't have really high arcs. Lobbing shells over islands is not something she does well in even with range upgrade. I tend to run spoter plane as the range mod gives you a decent chunk to work with it as it is. Plus sitting at the back burning ships is useless unless you are in a position to take advantage of the damaged ships. 

But between you and me I haven't played her much. The ammount of stupid plays I've seen from snipping BBs to DDs firing trops into islands is too much! :cap_fainting:

But shes does well my first game in her was like 150k on a loss. Rip.

Beta Testers
1,280 posts
2,433 battles
On 4/11/2018 at 10:37 AM, Incendiary_Tanker said:

You just beed a little free xp. :cap_haloween:

A little he says :lol: Only a hundred and fifty thousand left to go.. :)

[ARGSY]
Members
10,102 posts
15,458 battles
On 3/19/2018 at 3:02 AM, m373x said:

So, how is Zao treating you so far? I find her to be very weak in the current meta.

weak?  I seem to do as well with zao as with hindy.   both solid bote but plays bit different.    you can't be as aggressive with zao, but I think it can do fine.

Members
30 posts

Zao has been power-creeped undoubtedly, but she still holds up. She's my only T10 cruiser, but I don't feel at a disadvantage against any other T10 cruiser because she's high-risk-high-reward much like any IJN CA. Her 9.7km surface detection range is nothing to sneeze at. Her ability to fire at targets of opportunity then fade back into concealment is straight-up unmatched by any other T10 cruiser aside from the RN cruisers, and THEY don't have same caliber or broadside potential. They also don't have HE. Zao still sets a ridiculous number of fires when you make your shots count. Base is 19%, but I have it buffed to 23% with Demolition Expert plus the Victor Lima and India X-Ray flags. I set fires (sometimes multiple) with what feels like almost every salvo, unless RNG gives me the middle finger, which, yes, it DOES sometimes, but not that often.

My major complaint is that her torpedo arcs completely suck. They're not unusable, but it's a close thing. I very rarely use the torpedoes at all during a match unless I'm passing by a channel or defending myself against someone who's dumb enough to rush me from around a corner.

Sign in to follow this