You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Total_Failure

So BB's

64 comments in this topic

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
751 posts
7,637 battles

Why are you consistently at the bottom of the XP list this weekend?

Win/lose not relevant, you're always on the bottom...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
751 posts
7,637 battles

Well let me clarify, every game Ive played so far this weekend the BB's are at the bottom of the team list XP wise..why..thats easy coz the majority of em suck and wont suppport except from as far away as possible..that help..

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[5BS]
Members
4,766 posts
10 minutes ago, murryhawk said:

Why are you consistently at the bottom of the XP list this weekend?

Win/lose not relevant, you're always on the bottom...

Hard to earn XP in the back while Cruisers and DD's do all  the actual work.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 3

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
751 posts
7,637 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Someone who can read between the lines.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,261 posts
8,868 battles

It could be because newer players gravitate toward battleships, because bigger is better, right? You never mentioned BB lvl or was this across the board, because I don't generally see this phenomenon at tier 8 and above.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles

I didn't see this.

(except for that one Amagi that wasn't even pointing its guns in the right direction)

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
751 posts
7,637 battles
9 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

It could be because newer players gravitate toward battleships, because bigger is better, right? You never mentioned BB lvl or was this across the board, because I don't generally see this phenomenon at tier 8 and above.

2 tier 7 games rest tier X (gearing-Z52)

[DRG_N]
Members
424 posts
582 battles
14 minutes ago, murryhawk said:

Well let me clarify, every game Ive played so far this weekend the BB's are at the bottom of the team list XP wise..why..thats easy coz the majority of em suck and wont suppport except from as far away as possible..that help..

I've been playing my New Mexico and recently got my first couple matches in with my new Colorado.  With all the CV's, DD's, CL's, and Fast BB's, I'm lucky to land a handful of hits before everyone scatters.  And I'm a brawler, thank you. I get in mid-range and slug it out.

Let me guess. You main DD's, dash in early, toss some skill walls in the water from cloak, then run off. Then start complaining and demanding support when you get spotted for six seconds and take 200 damage.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
751 posts
7,637 battles
7 minutes ago, Highlord said:

I've been playing my New Mexico and recently got my first couple matches in with my new Colorado.  With all the CV's, DD's, CL's, and Fast BB's, I'm lucky to land a handful of hits before everyone scatters.  And I'm a brawler, thank you. I get in mid-range and slug it out.

Let me guess. You main DD's, dash in early, toss some skill walls in the water from cloak, then run off. Then start complaining and demanding support when you get spotted for six seconds and take 200 damage.

Yes you played my games and know exactly how they went...........................your reply is a bunch of excuses..

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[HINON]
Members
9,046 posts

Sorry about that.  I've been playing dds and cls this weekend so no room for the bbs at the top. :cap_cool:

• Funny 2

[WOLFB]
Members
1,734 posts
8,289 battles

I often see BB making their way to the top 5 XP earned simply by staying at long range and using their DD and CA as meatshield. 

I had a game where our Montana had a Kraken and start complaining about how crapour team was. He was basically staying 15km behind the fleet sniping low life target. The frustrating part is : he was among the top 3 despite doing nothing while our DD and CA who actually played to win where in the top 5.

Well it's not like WG is promoting stupid play anyway 

• Cool 3

Members
3,806 posts
14,122 battles

BBs damn sure don't support Cruisers. I just had a battle where I joined up with 2 BBs to support them. A DD was detected and I went after the DD. The friggin BBs took off running and 2 Red Team CAs showed up and with the DD I was hunting's help, wasted me. If those chickensh*t BBs hadn't run off and supported the CL (me) that was supporting them, we may have nailed all 3 of those Red botes. This crap happens all the time.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
751 posts
7,637 battles
3 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

BBs damn sure don't support Cruisers. I just had a battle where I joined up with 2 BBs to support them. A DD was detected and I went after the DD. The friggin BBs took off running and 2 Red Team CAs showed up and with the DD I was hunting's help, wasted me. If those chickensh*t BBs hadn't run off and supported the CL (me) that was supporting them, we may have nailed all 3 of those Red botes. This crap happens all the time.

As a DD main I’m not perfect but one of the games we lost this happened, the BBS chickened out as soon as the reds showed up. Flank lost, bbs camp spawn and think they played well. There are plenty of good BB players out there, which is why I div with one when in my DD but you can only do so much.

• Cool 1

[HCH]
[HCH]
Beta Testers
877 posts
7,259 battles
44 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Funny, since I've been on the front lines in my BBs, and all of the cruisers keep huddling behind islands or hiding in smoke screens.

• Cool 4

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

It’s not like all BB players are total [edited] and all cruisers and destroyers are unicums.  There is plenty of poor play to share among all ship types, but BBs gets screwed the most if their team fails to support them.  Simply because they are big slow targets that have trouble disengaging when out of position.  So I don’t blame extra caution on BB player part, but everything has be in moderation of course.

• Cool 2

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
751 posts
7,637 battles
29 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

It’s not like all BB players are total [edited] and all cruisers and destroyers are unicums.  There is plenty of poor play to share among all ship types, but BBs gets screwed the most if their team fails to support them.  Simply because they are big slow targets that have trouble disengaging when out of position.  So I don’t blame extra caution on BB player part, but everything has be in moderation of course.

Indeed 

Members
4,566 posts
6,505 battles
50 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Rational and fair.  BUT BBs really irk me at times. :Smile_teethhappy:  Some great..........some just bad. Depends. They do catch a lotta crap.....some unfair. Lots unfairer. Good BB players are game winners.  IMO too many play fearful for too long. Ya get a red team with all ships advancing and you can get stomped.....BBs can do this. 

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
12 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Rational and fair.  BUT BBs really irk me at times. :Smile_teethhappy:  Some great..........some just bad. Depends. They do catch a lotta crap.....some unfair. Lots unfairer. Good BB players are game winners.  IMO too many play fearful for too long. Ya get a red team with all ships advancing and you can get stomped.....BBs can do this. 

It's also not fair to have same expectations for all battleships.  GK works very well for aggressive push into close quarters, but Conqueror will melt on first heal CD if it tries to push.  I am not saying Conqueror has to stay at max range, but it has to dance on the edge of detectability range as long as there are enough enemy ships in front that can shred it up close before they can be killed.  Montana and Yamato are situational, but there are always timing issues to pull of an aggressive push, and both of them will get punished severely if they flinch.

• Cool 1

[DDM_]
Members
1,083 posts
3,586 battles
1 hour ago, murryhawk said:

As a DD main I’m not perfect but one of the games we lost this happened, the BBS chickened out as soon as the reds showed up. Flank lost, bbs camp spawn and think they played well. There are plenty of good BB players out there, which is why I div with one when in my DD but you can only do so much.

You should probably get better at the game than you are before you start whining about other peoples play style. Just sayin'.

• Cool 1

Members
4,566 posts
6,505 battles
3 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

It's also not fair to have same expectations for all battleships.  GK works very well for aggressive push into close quarters, but Conqueror will melt on first heal CD if it tries to push.  I am not saying Conqueror has to stay at max range, but it has to dance on the edge of detectability range as long as there are enough enemy ships in front that can shred it up close before they can be killed.  Montana and Yamato are situational, but there are always timing issues to pull of an aggressive push, and both of them will get punished severely if they flinch.

Yes.  You are talking very high tiers however. 

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

Yes.  You are talking very high tiers however. 

I mostly play T10/T9, although Giulio Cesare is often too tempting to resist...

Members
4,566 posts
6,505 battles
3 minutes ago, R_Razor said:

You should probably get better at the game than you are before you start whining about other peoples play style. Just sayin'.

He is just as good as you are.  Just saying. 

[DDM_]
Members
1,083 posts
3,586 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

He is just as good as you are.  Just saying. 

And yet you don't see me whining about others play styles. Try to use a little of that gray matter when you read a post why don't ya. 

• Cool 1