Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Psycodiver

Another visit to the Battleship North Carolina

7 comments in this topic

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

Took my family out to Wilmington today to see the Showboat then to the beach because its 75 degrees in February. It looks like their nearly finished the coffer dam around the old girl that way they can finally dry dock her, they are also building a walk way around the dam so visitors can take pictures from various angles. The were also in the process of stripping paint in the super structure for rust repair and fresh paint. Last time we were here 2 years ago the engine and steering room were closed but now they were open but most of those pictures didn't come out to well, I was using my cell phone because I didn't want to lug my good camera around. Anyways all the pictures are here https://imgur.com/a/USPl8

AhngpLs.jpg

RWmJFqI.jpg

rIHcInI.jpg

• Cool 3

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

They gonna dry berth her? Or is this just to do some hull repairs?

Their dry docking her in place because they built a bridge in the 1960s and she can't fit under it. She hasn't been dry docked since the Navy donated her as a museum ship, so she is in serious need of it but at least her hull is no where near as bad as the Texas currently is.

• Cool 1

Members
1,027 posts
5,679 battles

I lived in Wilmington until 2011 and the plane wasn't on the ship, that's nice to see, I wonder if the city still does their fireworks display for the 4th from there..

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
367 posts
7,692 battles

Does the coke machine next to the b turret come on the b hull upgrade or c hull upgrade? 

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
4,569 battles

only wish that Colorado was saved or a New Mexico class when you think back on it not to mention all of those pre dread and dreadnaughts. So glad that I donated to battleship Texas at least a super-dreadnought and most ww2 built battleships are still here.

Sign in to follow this