Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Dear WG can we please have a Premium German Battlecruiser Part 2

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

519
[POP]
Members
1,169 posts
15,124 battles

Dear WG

HI you crazy kids at Lesta I know you are very busy and hard at work making many great things for this game for us including a lot of great ships in game and I'm grateful for that, but many of general WG community myself included would love a German Battlecruiser.

Now I know you are currently producing a VMF tier 9 Battlecruiser however it looks like your trying to masquerade it as a regular cruiser which in some circles is not going down well with community  (putting it mildly ) myself included but that's another story for another time.

Then are those who would like a certain USN Battlecruiser from the Second World War era and I have no problem with that I indeed hope that this ship one day goes live and those fans of that ship are overjoyed.

However there are a lot community members who want to get down and get there hands dirty in a good old fashion World War One era German Battlecruiser, we don't want fantasy gimmicks like  " Philadelphia Experiment style cloaking devices " or " Zombie Apocalypse Healing "  or maybe " Ship Born  Satellite Tracking  technology " not even Laser Guided Aiming Systems " we just want a down to earth ships with Guns lots of Guns and maybe just maybe Torpedos  and lots of Armour to take all that punishment in battle.

Since I joined the game and have been following on the forum there have been many many  members who have wrote posts to you putting proposals and ideas in about this very idea for this kind of ship, as you can see by my heading this in fact my second post on this subject and there has been many others posting since my first and this will continue to happen from other members after I write this second post on this subject, are you getting the picture yet WG.

We here at the WOWS community are always excited about a lot of the ships you bring out from the various eras but you tend to produce a lot of ships from WW2 and that's fine I love a lot of those ships too but a lot of us love those old Battlewagons from the early days.

Now I know if you read this WG your going to say but we have a lot of Battlecruisers already In game and yes indeed you do so lets have a look at the these old girls nation by nation.

IJN

Ship_PJSB003_Myogi_1912.png  IJN Myogi  Ship_PJSB008_Ishizuchi_1921.png IJN Ishizuchi  Ship_PJSB007_Kongo_1942.png IJN Kongo  Ship_PJSB507_Ashitaka.pngIJN Ashitaka   Ship_PJSB013_Amagi_1942.png IJN Amagi

That's a very impressive line up for IJN

RN

Ship_PBSB507_Hood.png HMS Hood

Hmmm well ones better than none I guess

KMS

Oh dear we seem to have a problem WG I cant seem to find any German Battlecruisers not even tech tree class ships.

Well I guess there I one way to remedy this situation Guys why don't you have a round table get together eyeball a few German navel warship books on Battlecruisers  and pick out after say having vote the best candidate for a premium German battlecruiser  or better still have the gaming community put in some proposals for the ship and then have a vote on the ship they would like.

Ill start the ball rolling with some ideas

I have read a great deal of posts by my fellow forum members and the majority consensus by most is that 2 ships that are most wanted are these  

  1920px-Seydlitz1916.png

1920px-Derfflinger1916.png

 1920px-VonderTann1916.png

These are but some of the many choices you could pick from when it comes to German Battlecruisers.

So what do you say WG how about it roll up the sleeves hit the Net and the Reference books and get down to looking into the next great Premium for us WOWS gamers.

Cheers

Regards tm63au  

 

     

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,817 posts
9,925 battles

you realized that still no German Premium DD right ??? you remembered the one ??? yeah ??

they get that one out first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
896
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,645 battles

We have one. It's called the Scharnhorst. It's really good :Smile_teethhappy:

 

 

We also have a less good one that comes in two flavors. It starts with Graf and ends in Spee.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,209
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,820 posts
10,379 battles
7 minutes ago, pikohan said:

We have one. It's called the Scharnhorst. It's really good :Smile_teethhappy:

 

Oh Piko, what have you started!

31 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Oh dear we seem to have a problem WG I cant seem to find any German Battlecruisers not even tech tree class ships.

It is a major gap, I hope to see at least T3-T6 branches of German and British battlecruisers, as a battleship type variant in the tree. In the meantime a premium German low tier one wold make a lot of sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,372
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,256 posts
9,972 battles

I think most players here would rather have a whole line for German/British battle cruisers than just a 1-off premium ship. IF WG has it planed though, it's probably going to be a year or 2 because of other projects currently lined up.:fish_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
928
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,525 battles

I'd love to see a German battlecruiser..how about Renown/ Repulse while they're at it. Problem is the tier system. These great historic ships would be relegated to languish at the abused low to middle tiers and would not be played by many of the so called elite top tier players. Plus as OP said...no cloaking devices or lasers or other high tier trash would be added so apparently the vast unwashed base of WOWS would find them boring.

Edited by KalishniKat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,276
[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,022 battles

Having a unique German Captain would be nice since USN, IJN, and now the French have Unique Commanders.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BS]
Beta Testers
208 posts
9,331 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Having a unique German Captain would be nice since USN, IJN, and now the French have Unique Commanders.

Don’t forget jack Dunkirk 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,276
[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,022 battles
55 minutes ago, Sheikh_Abdullah_Madjin said:

Don’t forget jack Dunkirk 

Oh yeah can't believe I forgot him when I use him on Queen Elizabeth, Warspite, and Duke of York. it wastes the smoke Skill he has, but had nothing else to train him on. Almost have him up to level 15 within couple weeks, lol premium ships are helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
288
[POP]
Members
858 posts
9,841 battles
5 hours ago, tm63au said:

German Battlecruisers.

So what do you say WG how about it roll up the sleeves hit the Net and the Reference books and get down to looking into the next great Premium for us WOWS games.

The battle cruisers would liven up the low tiers!
 

 

1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Having a unique German Captain would be nice since USN, IJN, and now the French have Unique Commanders.

I almost got mine, but decided to wait for the T-61, and well...waited too long.
 

7b41d536927d2860094b97e85616acfa--anime-figures-action-figures.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,330 posts
3,591 battles
5 hours ago, tm63au said:

Dear WG

HI you crazy kids at Lesta I know you are very busy and hard at work making many great things for this game for us including a lot of great ships in game and I'm grateful for that, but many of general WG community myself included would love a German Battlecruiser.

Now I know you are currently producing a VMF tier 9 Battlecruiser however it looks like your trying to masquerade it as a regular cruiser which in some circles is not going down well with community  (putting it mildly ) myself included but that's another story for another time.

Then are those who would like a certain USN Battlecruiser from the Second World War era and I have no problem with that I indeed hope that this ship one day goes live and those fans of that ship are overjoyed.

However there are a lot community members who want to get down and get there hands dirty in a good old fashion World War One era German Battlecruiser, we don't want fantasy gimmicks like  " Philadelphia Experiment style cloaking devices " or " Zombie Apocalypse Healing "  or maybe " Ship Born  Satellite Tracking  technology " not even Laser Guided Aiming Systems " we just want a down to earth ships with Guns lots of Guns and maybe just maybe Torpedos  and lots of Armour to take all that punishment in battle.

Since I joined the game and have been following on the forum there have been many many  members who have wrote posts to you putting proposals and ideas in about this very idea for this kind of ship, as you can see by my heading this in fact my second post on this subject and there has been many others posting since my first and this will continue to happen from other members after I write this second post on this subject, are you getting the picture yet WG.

We here at the WOWS community are always excited about a lot of the ships you bring out from the various eras but you tend to produce a lot of ships from WW2 and that's fine I love a lot of those ships too but a lot of us love those old Battlewagons from the early days.

Now I know if you read this WG your going to say but we have a lot of Battlecruisers already In game and yes indeed you do so lets have a look at the these old girls nation by nation.

IJN

Ship_PJSB003_Myogi_1912.png  IJN Myogi  Ship_PJSB008_Ishizuchi_1921.png IJN Ishizuchi  Ship_PJSB007_Kongo_1942.png IJN Kongo  Ship_PJSB507_Ashitaka.pngIJN Ashitaka   Ship_PJSB013_Amagi_1942.png IJN Amagi

That's a very impressive line up for IJN

RN

Ship_PBSB507_Hood.png HMS Hood

Hmmm well ones better than none I guess

KMS

Oh dear we seem to have a problem WG I cant seem to find any German Battlecruisers not even tech tree class ships.

Well I guess there I one way to remedy this situation Guys why don't you have a round table get together eyeball a few German navel warship books on Battlecruisers  and pick out after say having vote the best candidate for a premium German battlecruiser  or better still have the gaming community put in some proposals for the ship and then have a vote on the ship they would like.

Ill start the ball rolling with some ideas

I have read a great deal of posts by my fellow forum members and the majority consensus by most is that 2 ships that are most wanted are these  

  1920px-Seydlitz1916.png

1920px-Derfflinger1916.png

 1920px-VonderTann1916.png

These are but some of the many choices you could pick from when it comes to German Battlecruisers.

So what do you say WG how about it roll up the sleeves hit the Net and the Reference books and get down to looking into the next great Premium for us WOWS gamers.

Cheers

Regards tm63au  

 

     

It just so happens that I was thinking about this very thing earlier on today so here is what I dug up on old battlecruiser proposals enjoy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackensen-class_battlecruiser

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ersatz_Yorck-class_battlecruiser

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-class_battlecruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[POP]
Members
1,169 posts
15,124 battles
Spoiler

 

1 hour ago, Gerbertz said:

The battle cruisers would liven up the low tiers!
 

 

I almost got mine, but decided to wait for the T-61, and well...waited too long.
 

7b41d536927d2860094b97e85616acfa--anime-figures-action-figures.jpg

Gerb you ol T-61 loyalist keep the faith brother, we shall  be triumphant :Smile_teethhappy:  democracy in action.

I myself have a 10 point Captain waiting in the wings for the Gaf Zeppelin and second Captain in training for Flottentorpedoboot 61.

plus 1 for being a true believer and a bonus 1 for the cool POP signature :Smile_honoring:

Spoiler

Pro T-61 WOWS players from RU sever community protesting the delay of the ships release at St Peters Burg

image.jpeg.9b40b9c1d5dc044fae91d8891c30c582.jpeg

 

Spoiler

Hard line Police response to said protest :Smile_teethhappy:

Image result for street protests in st petersburg

 

Edited by tm63au

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[POP]
Members
1,169 posts
15,124 battles
1 hour ago, landedkiller said:

It just so happens that I was thinking about this very thing earlier on today so here is what I dug up on old battlecruiser proposals enjoy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackensen-class_battlecruiser

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ersatz_Yorck-class_battlecruiser

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-class_battlecruiser

Hi

Yes these designs would all make a great premium ship for the game in fact i hope that these plus a few other German Battlecruiser class become part of the tech tree range one day.

cheers   

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×