You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
clammboy

To drink or not to drink while playing WOW .

31 comments in this topic

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,532 posts
9,879 battles

Since I have 7 children an ex wife and work 6 days a week . I find myself drinking and playing WOW however I have come to the logical conclusion that this is killing my already suspect game . I really enjoy a nice bottle of wine and playing the game . But I noticed I play better when I'm sober . For one thing I can actually hit what I'm aiming at and two I don't rush in like an idiot and get killed because I'm bored  . Problem is I love drinking and playing the game it's so relaxing , so the question is do u drink and play or are u sober ? 

[RKLES]
Members
10,998 posts
12,551 battles

I never drink and never have, I prefer to remain clear minded. Plus my doctors as well as my family would have my head if I ever started, lol alcohol is not a good combo with many health problems and some meds.

As far as many players in WOWs I would say being sober is probably for the best if playing, but if you must drink I highly recommend staying out of chat and not using Torps or else you might end up pink and chat banned when you wake up in the morning... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,105 posts
24 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Since I have 7 children an ex wife and work 6 days a week . I find myself drinking and playing WOW however I have come to the logical conclusion that this is killing my already suspect game . I really enjoy a nice bottle of wine and playing the game . But I noticed I play better when I'm sober . For one thing I can actually hit what I'm aiming at and two I don't rush in like an idiot and get killed because I'm bored  . Problem is I love drinking and playing the game it's so relaxing , so the question is do u drink and play or are u sober ? 

You need to drink more. When you kill off the weak brain cells, only the strong shall remain. Switch from a nice bottle of wine to the 1-2-3 approach. 1 glass, 2 ice cubes, 3 fingers of Wild Turkey Rare Breed. Repeat as required.

• Funny 4

Members
841 posts
5,381 battles

I mean, the low tiers should be pretty fun, sober or not. Try not to get drunk while playing the higher tiers though, unless you like your wine very salty.

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
5,777 posts
13,385 battles

If I am playing after 3 pm, chances are I have a pour of bourbon next to my mouse.

If I am playing after 4 pm, chances are I have my second pour of bourbon next to my mouse.

if I am palying after 5pm, changes are I haf my thrid pour of burbon next to my mouse.

If I am plyyaning fafter 6pjm, chancesa re I havve my 5gh pour of bouubon ment to my mososue.

Iff i ma astill dinrinkig after that I am mos likelly :etc_swear:faced...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8

[O_O]
Members
5,777 posts
13,385 battles
2 minutes ago, LordGomes said:

I mean, the low tiers should be pretty fun, sober or not. Try not to get drunk while playing the higher tiers though, unless you like your wine very salty.

Getting drunk while playing high tiers is how I cope with the morons I encounter in high tiers.  Even plastered, I can't be worse than 80% of the players I encounter there...

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
726 posts
5,584 battles
2 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

If I am playing after 3 pm, chances are I have a pour of bourbon next to my mouse.

If I am playing after 4 pm, chances are I have my second pour of bourbon next to my mouse.

if I am palying after 5pm, changes are I haf my thrid pour of burbon next to my mouse.

If I am plyyaning fafter 6pjm, chancesa re I havve my 5gh pour of bouubon ment to my mososue.

Iff i ma astill dinrinkig after that I am mos likelly :etc_swear:faced...

IDK that rate seems unlikely to produce a good buzz, body burns off a drink per hour.  Unless you take a very big pour...?

[O_O]
Members
5,777 posts
13,385 battles
10 minutes ago, missile742 said:

IDK that rate seems unlikely to produce a good buzz, body burns off a drink per hour.  Unless you take a very big pour...?

No, just a small glass...

y1xawfj.jpg

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,532 posts
9,879 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

By the way OP this might interest you lol.

IMG_0117.thumb.JPG.1a2cb9d211a7c954715836bbc562560f.JPG

THAT'S GREAT !!!

[SIDE]
Members
2,824 posts

The question isn’t whether or not to drink. The question is, do you have the appropriate beverage for each line?

japanese - sake 

Brit - gin or maybe scotch (scots may disagree)

german - schnapps

US - bourbon

russian - vodka

french - cognac

italian - amaretto

pan Asia - snake wine (I googled it)

commonwealth - “commonwealth cocktail” w 71 global ingredients.

Edited by thebigblue

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

It prolly isn't good for your game, but if you enjoy it and it's relaxing, why worry?

If you want to up your game, try adding something "green" into your WOWS play sessions. You'll pay attention to everything going on. :Smile_teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
6,126 posts
2,986 battles
2 hours ago, thebigblue said:

german - schnapps

No, beer. German purity laws equal the best beer.

• Cool 1

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

By the way OP this might interest you lol.

IMG_0117.thumb.JPG.1a2cb9d211a7c954715836bbc562560f.JPG

This wine could have saved every life on board(mostly)

The chef on the Titanic survived in the water until the Carpathia arrived because he'd been getting drunk throughout the sinking. No one else lasted much longer than 20 minutes. 

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Just make a drinking game out of it... if you play better sober then keep the goals lofty before you allow your self to drunk. 

Although if you're finishing 1 wine bottle per gaming session you might want to consider reflect in upon amounts of consumption. Especially with the current and future responsibilities attached to 7 kids..

---

Personally I have water when I'm gaming.. Not that I don't drink prior to, or post session. It's simply that I associate drinking with social time. And if I'm not on voice-coms then I'm breaking a personal rule when drinking: "never drink alone"

Members
82 posts
1,305 battles

Drinking creates a 'suspension of disbelief' which makes the game more fun, lol!  I actually tend to get stressed and have 'adrenaline-fueled' mistakes when I'm sober.  Get a buzz on, and it's all fun :cap_cool:

Members
3 posts
3,054 battles

Make a drinking game out of it.

If you do something stupid, take a drink.

If the game does something that don't make sense, take a drink.

If someone on your team does something stupid, take a drink for them.

If an enemy does something stupid, take a drink.

Well....  I guess that's why the second battle is so hard to see...  I usually don't remember the third one....  Could explain why I was trying to sink an iceburge yelling remember the Titanic...  

Whatever....  Anyway.  Don' let the game interfere with your drinking... Or something....

Edited by Stew_Padaso

Members
26 posts
706 battles

Every time you citadel something you gotta take a shot! 

If you're playing in the Bayern, This is an actual drinking game to you play. If something with accurate guns though... RIP

Edited by KGBNinja