Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

WGing fix This

20 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,777 battles

As much money as people spend on this F2P this kinda crap shouldn't happen. This is what I was greeted to after battle. Yeah this is my ship in port. Where the hell is everything else? This is not the first time and the only thing that fixes it is a restart if this happens to you BTW.

World of Warships 2_24_2018 10_37_25 AM.png

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

unless I reload the client each day,  i get issues with client crashing/locking up.      it sucks because sometimes I have to reboot the computer if it is critical failure in code.    (which basically means i can't log back in to the match)  latest patch has been somewhat buggy in this regard.

[BIAS]
Members
3,144 posts
9,228 battles

Only started happening to me today. I came out of several operations to find my port like that

[RKLES]
Members
7,198 posts
8,955 battles
18 minutes ago, centarina said:

unless I reload the client each day,  i get issues with client crashing/locking up.      it sucks because sometimes I have to reboot the computer if it is critical failure in code.    (which basically means i can't log back in to the match)  latest patch has been somewhat buggy in this regard.

If it's the game error message I am thinking of then as soon as it pops up Force Quiit the app immediately and then reopen app. I do this and can get back into battle and usually be back in control within 2 minutes of the crash message.

Hopefully this helps, Wargaming has had problems since December, but thankfully since relatively rare in occurrences that game is still fun and playable. But yeah usually happens at least once a day, or few times a day depending on how many battles I do.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

with UI error like OP's   i can use task manager to end/re load.    I had critical client fault where it literally made it impossible to get to task manager so I had to reboot. 

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,390 battles

Man I haven't seen any of those kind of issues. That stuff sucks when you finally get to sit down, grab a beer, no one is bothering you and then, Crap!

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
495 posts
3,653 battles

Don’t envy WG trying to address these issues when everyone is using mods and a large percentage of players don’t have a problem.  I can’t remember the last time I had a client issue, months ago at least.

Members
1,860 posts
8,806 battles
2 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

As much money as people spend on this F2P this kinda crap shouldn't happen. This is what I was greeted to after battle. Yeah this is my ship in port. Where the hell is everything else? This is not the first time and the only thing that fixes it is a restart if this happens to you BTW.

World of Warships 2_24_2018 10_37_25 AM.png

This does happen a lot these days. I've even reinstalled and it still happens. At least you can quit without having to ctrl alt del.

1,266 posts
13 battles

Sorry to hear this is happening. If it continues, please report the issue to the customer support here. Thanks very much guys!

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,777 battles
15 minutes ago, Jazzyblaster said:

Sorry to hear this is happening. If it continues, please report the issue to the customer support here. Thanks very much guys!

I have 4 other screen shots of this happening over my last 200 or so battles. Include them as well?

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

one thing that I do recommend is to update to the latest video driver.   that may have helped with UI issue for me.   i also make sure I  get out of client and restart each day.

Members
98 posts
3,432 battles

I've had issues where WOWs will crash and freeze everything including task manager.

A work around I've discovered to this is opening a new desktop (Windows key + Tab) and then opening task manager from the 2nd desktop to force shutdown. It has saved a couple reboots over the past months

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
564 posts
4,789 battles
3 hours ago, centarina said:

Wait, what? You leave the client open overnight?

Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles
3 hours ago, missile742 said:

Don’t envy WG trying to address these issues when everyone is using mods and a large percentage of players don’t have a problem.  I can’t remember the last time I had a client issue, months ago at least.

That is the pain and most folks have no clue as to the possible combinations out in the wild.  While a couple folks have reported this - I have never had this happen even with an old video card (670 GTX).

1,266 posts
13 battles
14 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I have 4 other screen shots of this happening over my last 200 or so battles. Include them as well?

You can definitely include anything that may be helpful to explain the issue to Customer Support. Thanks IronMike!

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

Try verifying your files before clicking play, there is a button to do this in settings

[BIAS]
Members
3,144 posts
9,228 battles
16 hours ago, Jazzyblaster said:

I'll be honest. Seems like lately any type of issue I have that I take to support gets me a canned response that makes me feel like my report was worthless. In this case I can restart and it works fine, so I don't feel like feeling like I wasted my my time with your support dept.

Sign in to follow this