Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainKaitoGhost

Downtiered Baltimore stats "Pittsburgh"

89 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,110 posts
1,699 battles

NQRLKry.jpg

ST, American cruiser Pittsburgh, tier VIII (ex-Baltimore, moved one tier down, the stats were corrected accordingly)

Hit points – 36600. Plating - 27 mm. Armor belt – 152 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 4%.

Main battery - 3х3 203 mm. Firing range – 14.4 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2800. Chance to cause fire – 14%. Maximum AP shell damage - 4600. Reload time - 15 s. 180 degree turn time - 30 s. Maximum dispersion - 132 m. HE initial velocity - 823 m/s. AP initial velocity - 853 m/s. Sigma value – 2.05.

Maximum speed - 32.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 730 m. Rudder shift time – 10.2 s. Surface detectability – 12.6 km. Air detectability – 9.1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 7.2 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Defensive AA Fire/Hydroacoustic Search

Slot 3 - Catapult Fighter/Surveillance Radar Data

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

The numbers are preliminary and are subject to change during the testing phase.

The new name is a placeholder until the ship is released to avoid confusion with the existing one. Original name will be returned upon release.

Edited by CaptainKaitoGhost
  • Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,815 posts
4,346 battles

The high sigma makes me wonder if she's losing the AP ShS shells. And are those the old AP shell stats too? They seem to have a higher velocity.

And can we have the text in a color other than white please?

Edited by YamatoA150

[CUTER]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,213 posts
12,766 battles

Those I believe are the stock Baltimore guns/NO upgraded guns in game currently.

I wonder what their reasoning is where Martel can have so much better DPM.  15 second reload is one of the major issues that NO had in the first place.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,110 posts
1,699 battles
6 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

The high sigma makes me wonder if she's losing the AP ShS shells. And are those the old AP shell stats too? They seem to have a higher velocity.

And can we have the text in a color other than white please?

Sorry, I just hit copy/paste from facebook, and I'm using the dark theme.  Will edit.

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
7 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

The high sigma

I believe all cruisers have 2.05 sigma, with very easy to spot exceptions.

[JASH]
Members
3,779 posts
11,749 battles

ST, American cruiser Pittsburgh, tier VIII (ex-Baltimore, moved one tier down, the stats were corrected accordingly)

Hit points – 36600. Plating - 27 mm. Armor belt – 152 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 4%.

Main battery - 3х3 203 mm. Firing range – 14.4 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2800. Chance to cause fire – 14%. Maximum AP shell damage - 4600. Reload time - 15 s. 180 degree turn time - 30 s. Maximum dispersion - 132 m. HE initial velocity - 823 m/s. AP initial velocity - 853 m/s. Sigma value – 2.05.

Maximum speed - 32.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 730 m. Rudder shift time – 10.2 s. Surface detectability – 12.6 km. Air detectability – 9.1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 7.2 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Defensive AA Fire/Hydroacoustic Search

Slot 3 - Catapult Fighter/Surveillance Radar Data

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

The numbers are preliminary and are subject to change during the testing phase.

The new name is a placeholder until the ship is released to avoid confusion with the existing one. Original name will be returned upon release.

[CAST]
Members
4,808 posts
3,359 battles

All standard light and heavy cruisers have a 2.05 sigma. This is totally normal. Also, those stats are stock. Upgraded Balti will likely have a 12 or 13 second reload with the superheavy shells.

Edited by KaptainKaybe

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,258 posts
13,046 battles
7 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

All standard light and heavy cruisers have a 2.05 sigma. This is totally normal. Also, those stats are stock. Upgraded Balti will likely have a 12 or 13 second reload with the superheavy shells.

I'm certain T10 cruisers get 2.05. I'm not sure on T9, but otherwise I think all other cruisers get 2.0.

This could be a small buff, or a copy-paste error.

Once again in general the stock stats are less than interesting, her ROF could go to current Baltimore, or to a middling point or... useless stock stats.

[CAST]
Members
4,808 posts
3,359 battles

Looked it up and you appear to be right. All tier 9 and 10 cruisers are at 2.05, whereas tier 8 and below are at 2.0. Maybe they're making an exception for Baltimore? Although yes, possibly a typo.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,837 battles
18 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

I believe all cruisers have 2.05 sigma, with very easy to spot exceptions.

15 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Up till recently, only T10 cruisers had 2.05 cruisers. Apparently that has changed.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,815 posts
4,346 battles

If the 2.05 is just a copy/paste error, then here's to hoping she still retains the AP ShS in some form on her upgraded gun set, or with a minor reduction in normalization (rather than removed outright).

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,735 posts
2,129 battles

2.05 is tier X only usually, although Baltimore is an exception, she as of now has 2.05 sigma.

As with the other downtiers, this is just stock Baltimore (hence why she has the 118kg shells instead of SHS), minus some HP.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,949 posts
11,729 battles

It's gonna be a keeper. Rip any ship with 15 inch or smaller guns though fighting it

[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,298 posts
8,884 battles

Hey look, Baltimore gets to play with all the Treaty-Cheaters now.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,116 posts
15,559 battles

the stat is unupgraded.  if it get to keep the upgrade  to 10sec reload,   this will be a keeper.   its 27mm plating is good enough to tank 15"    and   should be good upgrade.  

Edited by centarina

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,525 posts
12,810 battles

Too bad that's just a placeholder ship.  I hope for a premium Pittsburgh some day.

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

That reload.  Yes, I realize it used to be that bad at T9. I also realize that when it was or that it was the worst ship in the game tier for tier. All but 11 of my Baltimore games were in that thing.

CA need to have dpm, they sure as hell don't have alpha and the Baltimore has the same hang time problems that the Des Moines has.  With a 10-11 second reload the Baltimore would be good, with 15 I predict it will be right back to being terrible.

Assuming they don't mess with the armor and citadel it will be quite tanky for a cruiser when top tier (T8 top tier, hah), but it hardly matters if it doesn't have any dpm. It will be the opposite of Des Moines, a terrible dpm ship with above average staying power.

[-VT-]
Members
751 posts
8,715 battles

The change in sigma to 2.05 was done for the t9 and t10 cruisers to compensate for the buff the concealment mod got last year I want to say.

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,735 posts
2,129 battles
6 minutes ago, Grizley said:

That reload.  Yes, I realize it used to be that bad at T9. I also realize that when it was or that it was the worst ship in the game tier for tier. All but 11 of my Baltimore games were in that thing.

CA need to have dpm, they sure as hell don't have alpha and the Baltimore has the same hang time problems that the Des Moines has.  With a 10-11 second reload the Baltimore would be good, with 15 I predict it will be right back to being terrible.

Assuming they don't mess with the armor and citadel it will be quite tanky for a cruiser when top tier (T8 top tier, hah), but it hardly matters if it doesn't have any dpm. It will be the opposite of Des Moines, a terrible dpm ship with above average staying power.

Not even NO had 10-11 Second reload at tier VIII, and that was with the weaker 118 kg AP. That kind of RoF would be ridiculous compared to to her cruisers. Anything less than 12 seconds would be insane, considering the AA, armor, and displacement advantage Baltimore has as a tier VIII. Let's not add any more to the powercreep.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,110 posts
1,699 battles
22 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Too bad that's just a placeholder ship.  I hope for a premium Pittsburgh some day.

USN does need a tier 8 Cruiser premium.

[WOLF3]
Members
23,000 posts
20,882 battles
1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Yikes, that reload time.  IJN cruisers are going to have some company.  

It's stock.  The current IX Baltimore upgrades to have 10 second base reload time and SHS AP shells.  However, I expect VIII Baltimore / Pittsburgh to lose access to the Tier IX Upgrade Slot that enables items like MBM3, AAGM3, etc. being installed.  IX Baltimore with MBM3 lets her fire at 8.8 seconds.  The Tier VIII downgrade version will lose access to that.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ARGSY]
Members
10,116 posts
15,559 battles

it will also lose heal, but that is expected.    still 10 sec reload with tanky nose would be decent t8 cruiser. 

[GUYS]
Alpha Tester
2,726 posts
3,866 battles
1 hour ago, YamatoA150 said:

The high sigma makes me wonder if she's losing the AP ShS shells.

The super heavy shell shells?

[LEGIT]
Members
2,095 posts
28,435 battles
1 hour ago, Grizley said:

This is my whole problem with USN CL.  They're been so power creeped by the Brits, French, German, and Ruskie rates of fire.

Sign in to follow this